Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-18-2017, 08:06 AM

Default Turkey Outfitters BC

Interested in archery turkey hunt preferably in Cranbrook area. Can anyone recommend an outfitter who's doing this?
Old 03-18-2017, 08:14 AM

You aren't required to hire a guide to hunt turkeys in BC. You can do the hunt on your own, you'll have to learn to call, get a couple of decoys and go explore.Chances of success would be higher with a guide of course, but a DIY turkey hunt wouldn't cost very much.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRED View Post
You aren't required to hire a guide to hunt turkeys in BC. You can do the hunt on your own, you'll have to learn to call, get a couple of decoys and go explore.Chances of success would be higher with a guide of course, but a DIY turkey hunt wouldn't cost very much.
If I had more time this would definitely be my way to go, but for my first time I would like to go with an outfitter who knows the area & tactics. My hope is after using an outfitter I could continue with a DIY hunt in future.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinggr81 View Post
If I had more time this would definitely be my way to go, but for my first time I would like to go with an outfitter who knows the area & tactics. My hope is after using an outfitter I could continue with a DIY hunt in future.
No requirement to use them essentially means no demand for them. Got to the states with a guide in Kansas or Washington or Texas. I've turkey hunted in all three locations, it was cheap ($1000) and the guides were great. Learned lots too