Old 05-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Tucumseh

Default 540 bull

Compliments of 270Man....
Old 05-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Bruce

Default fair chase?

Hey Tuc,
Just curious, do you know if that monster was from a high-fence/canned-hunt area? I'd be very happy seeing his much much much smaller second-cousin or baby brother, let alone him
Bruce
Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
lethalconnection

Default Re: fair chase?

:eek OH.....MY......GOD that is a massive bull wow.:eek
Old 05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
The Highlander

I can only dream of an elk hunt like THAT! AWESOME! I just can't believe the size of that thing! I know elk are big beasts, but that picture shows just how big. Man, am I jealous!

Although I'm pretty sure the wife wouldn't want that on our wall. Not that we have walls big enough for that hog:rollin .

Congrats
Old 05-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Ice Fishing Maniac

FENCED HUNT!! Nice bull, but I did not want to be the first to post when I seen this. B&C have been looking into it.

Look at the bull's antlers-bleached out from sitting in the sun behind a fence, just like the farm elk here in Alberta after too much sun.

If it was me personally, I wouldnt brag about the bull b/c not FAIR CHASE. Imagine the price this guy paid for this bull.

I seen some really big bulls on the elk farms here in Alberta. This bull reminds me on the one that was on the front cover of ???? Advenutres taken on a penned hunt in Manitoba I believe by the editor of the magazine. Nice big bull, but still a penned hunt.

Thats my view, enough said.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Tucumseh

I have no info about this bull. It was sent to me by 270....maybe he can add something more.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Southb

Quote:
Look at the bull's antlers-bleached out from sitting in the sun behind a fence, just like the farm elk here in Alberta after too much sun.
Hummm Tell me more Maniac i like to hear your theory on bleach antlers and farm elk here in Alberta fascinating theory.

Quote:
FENCED HUNT!! Nice bull, but I did not want to be the first to post when I seen this. B&C have been looking into it.
Can you say more then what you have stated :x just like to know thats all.
Quote:
Nice big bull, but still a penned hunt.
Please explain more then the dribble you have stated or is that all you have .:rolleyes the reason i say this is when such a animal apears in pics some like to say CRAP LIKE THIS and nothing to back it up with other then A penn hunt :rolleyes .

If its a penn hunt please explain cause i dont know like Ice fish maniac.PROOF By the way thanks for shareing the pic's 270 man and tuc for posting .
Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 PM
sheep hunter

maniac is right about fenced elk having white antlers. They typically have no trees to rub on to colour them up.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Reeves01

Quote:
maniac is right about fenced elk having white antlers. They typically have no trees to rub on to colour them up.
Not being rude, but those green things , are they not trees ?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:24 PM
sheep hunter

just commenting on fenced elk in general. Don't know the story of this one.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 PM
fair chase

Default fair chase

thats definitely a fake picture, take a close look at the shadows, they don't match up
Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Rackmastr

Default Re: fair chase

Haha....some guy named chef just calls fake pics on everything around.....man it makes me laugh.

That elk is real..and ya...he's almost surely a farmed elk...giant though no doubt...and probably a new contender for the SCI record I'd think....
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 PM
7 REM MAG

hmmm shadow look pretty good to me, thats a frikkin huge bull
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
The Highlander

I think chef is a fake chef. Look at the shadow he leaves.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Lazy Ike

Default ??

Seems like a bit of an odd picture. No weapons shown, guy in bright red tee shirts just off camera. I guess we'll now in a while but the last mutant elk pic I saw WAS from a canned hunt. It's too bad that we even have to consider that this isn't a legit trophy but that''s reality of game farms and canned hunters.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Elk

Default Elk

WOW that is a AWESOME bull a hunt of a life time for sure .Congrates to the Lucky hunter or hunters .:b
Old 05-17-2007, 09:58 AM
kellyandbeth

Default Re: Elk

Its a awesome elk, and i do belive the one guy is in camo if that counts at all.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Ice Fishing Maniac

Default Re: Elk

Southb,

I'll look it up when I get a chance, but I believe this is the bull listed on Boone & Crocket's website as a Trophy Watch and looking into fair chase. I remember seeing it on another web forum.

Dont get me wrong, its a beautiful bull elk, but I dont care for the penned style of hunts, even if its 10 quarters of high-fenced land, or what ever.

If you go by elk farms here in Alberta, you will see the bulls with their antlers turning white from the sun b/c of either lack of trees to rub on, or just like cattle, after they graze, they just lay down in the middle of the field / pastureland, not under the cover of timbered land.

The magazine I mentioned in my previous post is Big Game Adventures, and a bull elk was on the cover. I have a copy at home, I'll look it up and post more about it.