Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-19-2016, 01:29 AM

Default Los Cabos Fish'n

Hey Guys , anyone heading down to Cabo in the next 2 weeks?
We are leaving feb 25th if someone wants to hook up and share a Boat.
Any recommendations for Charters? its been awhile and we went with Minervas last time. it was $800 for the day , if we could find someone a little cheaper maybe it would accommodate 2 trips.

Also thinking of doing some surf fishing , always wanted to Catch a Rooster.
Any contacts anyone has for other charters would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Old 02-19-2016, 08:37 AM

PM sent
Old 02-19-2016, 09:03 AM

Default cabo fishing

Me and the wife went through Redrum outfitters while in cabo. They were excellent and put us on the fish when nobody else was having any luck.

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-19-2016, 11:28 PM

Bob Marlin with JCs had a great day with them!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:53 AM

I'm not sure if cables is like Dominican Republic but we were told 300$ person minimum 4 people and we decided not to but the next day we took them food and water and random stuff from resort and they put us in touch with private boat and was 500$ for 6 hours with guide and captAin with free beer and 5 people went was awesome day out. So maybe just talk locals and try work deal rather then tour guide
Old 02-20-2016, 11:26 AM

Default Roosters...

Depending on how many people are going, rooster fish are caught quite close to shore and do not require a big boat. I caught them a lot fishing off 23'-26' Panga's. You can generally charter these boats for anywhere is from $150-$250 per day. They could comfortably fish two people plus the captain, and are better suited for trolling close to shore. I preferred fishing out of La Playita ( the San Jose marina). Some great beaches north of the marina for Roosters. Although the bigger Roosters appear later in the summer months, you can still catch them there throughout the year. Slow trolling Live bait is always the best bet. I have some great contacts in the Los Cabos/ San Jose area... Feel free to pm me if you want any more info...
Old 02-22-2016, 04:13 PM

We just got back from cabo last week. Fishing was slow. I walked through the whole marina comparing and pricing boats. We were there when most of the boats were coming in. I saw three marlin. I talked fishing to every guy i could and all agreed that other than some inshore stuff and a few tuna way far out,the fishing was slow. Finally found a really nice panga for 200.00 for 5 hours. You have to buy the 18.00 license and your live bait a 3.00 per fish. We went through lots of bait and had lots of bites fishing just outside the surf. The highlite was a 30 lb rooster that put up a great fight. If fishing conditions do not change, i would recommend fishing inshore in a panga.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:31 PM

We've used these two guys several times over the fast 8 years:

https://www.facebook.com/lamoscasportfishing/
Juan 011 52 624 147 5733
Email juan_lamosca@hotmail.com

His brother runs this outfit:

http://www.fiestasportfishing.com/caboflyfishing.htm

They specialize in fly fishing and light tackle and if you want to get into the surf fishing (which is a blast) they would be great.

They will do whatever you want though, last time they put us on about 12 Mahi and we caught a 7 foot Blue.

They are out of the main Cabo San Lucas harbor, not San Jose. Decent enough English, nice guys who work real hard for you. Roberto runs the bigger boat, Juan has a smaller panga that was still fine for 3 person group but would be ideal for two.

Good luck!