Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM

Default Bullet Info for New Scope CDS (custom dial system)

new for this year browning 30-06 and outfitted with a 3x9x40mm leupold vx-2 canadian custom scope with the CDS (custom dial system). Leupold will match the dial to your cartridge and caliber my question is what type/brand and grain would a person suggest. i know its all about preference and $$$$, just looking for some advice/suggestions.I mostly hunt deer,shot targets one day moose,elk,antelope.I belive the saleperson said the dial would be set out to 400 yards, which is plenty far enough for my comfort zone. Thanks in advance for any and all info.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:08 PM
sheephunter

Likely best to find a load that shoots well out of your rifle first before having the turrets etched.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 PM

If your intent is to shoot longer distances,it shouldn't be about your preference, as much as it should be about which load shoots well in your gun. The only way to find that out, is by trial and error.Just so you are aware, in order to build an accurate turret, they would need to know the actual muzzle velocity of the load, not just an estimated velocity supplied by an ammunition manufacturer.