Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Banned

Default Another plug for Fly's Etc. in High River.

Udo came through again. After attempting to check out a variety of pistols that were on my list, Calgary stores came up short. Either they had one but not the other for sake of comparison. Turns out Udo had both the Glock and the CZ that I wanted to compare for weight, grip, etc. Not only that, but a model that I had in mind could have been here by Wednesday. The Calgary store informed me that I was legally bound to look after the transfer and that they wouldn't do it for me, weird. Udo on the other hand got on the phone, took care of the transfer and got me the info needed for the ATT. Best of all, his price for my CZ75B 9mm Luger couldn't be touched by the big stores. So I came home proud owner of a CZ75B Omega and forgot the jug of milk that I had originally intended for. This sporting goods stores sure does make it a pleasure to deal with anything firearm or fishing related. I highly recommend a visit there for you folks in Calgary, just don't wear a thick jacket or your likely to knock stuff off the shelves.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:49 PM

Stopped in there this morning. Great place,but it could be a bit bigger. Like about 10 times larger or so. Amazing what is crammed in there though. Walked out with a can of Wipeout,and a Brownells bedding kit.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned

Oh, I've talked about more space with Udo. If you knew the price of commercial real estate in High River, you'd understand. But I can understand how someone from out of town would open the front door and go "WTF" now which way do I turn? When Maria's in there, I just follow the nice scent trail. She and the daughter are sweeties.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 PM

I was there a couple of weekends ago and I was impressed. I really had to take my time going through the store because every square inch was packed with items for sale.

Honestly found 4/5 items I was looking for, which I went 0/5 in BassPro and WSS.

Owner seemed kinda grumpy but he looked pretty damn busy. Other staff was awesome.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Banned

lol: Udo's German, so maybe that's how they come. Honestly though, Udo's a nice guy maybe you just caught him busy as you said....or maybe it's my magnetic personality....
Old 07-14-2012, 10:03 PM

is he open Sundays? maybe I'll pop in if I'm out for a ride on the bike.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
is he open Sundays? maybe I'll pop in if I'm out for a ride on the bike.
No, unfortunately not. I made a drive down couple weeks ago and found out I wasted some gas. :-( ill have to drive down on Saturdays.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:56 PM

I always like going in there. He has a bit of everything, and what he doesnt have, he will get. Always great prices too.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM

Thumbs up

Thought he was Chinese on the phone.
The only place near Calgary that has some varget powder. End up buying other stuff that i thought could only bought on the internet, when I went to get my powder. I order some item that are hard to find, guy said hell try his best to get it. Cant wait for his call.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorot View Post
Thought he was Chinese on the phone.
The only place near Calgary that has some varget powder. End up buying other stuff that i thought could only bought on the internet, when I went to get my powder. I order some item that are hard to find, guy said hell try his best to get it. Cant wait for his call.

Bought 1lb of Varget there myself, he didn't have the Steel I wanted but he offered to get it in.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

Udo, Chinese? too funny, I've got to tell him that, he'll get a good laugh....yes he laughs, sometimes. Great guy, great shop, great service...what more could an outdoorsman want?