Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-31-2008, 03:59 AM

Default tieing in your peep

I have been told in the past to tie in the peep once you have it in a comfortable position to prevent it from moving. Does anyone else do this? have you ever had it move on you? How the heck do ya do it?

cheers,
Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 AM

Absolutely, generally most people tie the peep off just below above and below the peep. There's also a groove in the peep to tie it directly to the string. I use to tie the peep itself to the string. I usually use end loop serving to tie my peeps in. Unwaxed dental floss also works great.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:50 AM

I go one even better . I take a dab of White out and make a mark across the string and peep. So if the peep moves(which it has not in 2 years) I have a refferance point for quick set up.

AL
Old 03-31-2008, 06:54 AM

I used to mark my peep like that, the only problem is the stuff flakes off after a while. I measure up from my nock now and write it on the limb with a sharpee. In fact I try to mark all of the measurement's on a limb.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:18 AM

Absolutely tie it in... remember it can become a projectile if it slips out.

When tieing it in I use a nail knot above and below the peep. Woks well and can slide if need be!...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:44 AM

I tie mine tight with dental floss. (green in color)
Old 03-31-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Absolutely, generally most people tie the peep off just below above and below the peep. There's also a groove in the peep to tie it directly to the string. I use to tie the peep itself to the string. I usually use end loop serving to tie my peeps in. Unwaxed dental floss also works great.
x2
Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 AM

i always check every part on my bow if it has not been shot in a while.Last year i was gonna shoot some before i went hunting the next day and the first shot my peep flew of the string like a bullet.Not sure why but i always take a couple sec to check everthing now.I`m sure it was just cock eyed from being moved or bumped.I think its better to take 5 sec and go over whole bow to be sure.If something is wrong get it fixed before shooting is a no brainer i know but we all get in a rush when going to a good spot the next day.I`m a little of topic but thought i`d ad this anyhow.sorry But i would tie your peep in for sure.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:55 AM

Default nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
I used to mark my peep like that, the only problem is the stuff flakes off after a while. I measure up from my nock now and write it on the limb with a sharpee. In fact I try to mark all of the measurement's on a limb.
very good idea russ , i am this mornign doing this, thanks again for another easy idea.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:14 AM

The only flaw with measuring is if the nock or the serving slips. If the serving is tight & the nocking point served like the peep that won't be a problem. Also if the nock does move because of what seems to be serving slippage, it would be very wise to strip the center serving and look for broken strands, if none are found re-serve the string. If you're d/l is good and you're not making contact on your arm this is also a good time to shorten the serving and pick up a few feet per second