Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-11-2007, 09:02 PM
nube

Default Here are a few big sheds

Thought I would post some pics of some sheds I found this year and last.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:33 AM
RockyMtnx

Why no numbers on the last one?
Old 05-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Tree Guy

Nube, (you lucky, African hunting jerk you! ) are there no numbers on the last one because you want us to guess, or to try to figure out if it is a hybrid or not?

Tree
Old 05-12-2007, 08:17 AM
packhuntr

Theres alot of bone on the 86 inch. Nice sheds.

keep a strain on er.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:04 PM
cmfic1

nube, did you find those big ones where I think you found them?
Old 05-12-2007, 02:40 PM
nube

the last ones scored 163. It actually was a hybred deer and I watched him a few different times. Once trying to breed a whitetail doe.
Rod I looked for the sheds off that big one up where you know where and couldn't find the sheds. That big one was from another good one I was chaseing a couple years ago. I broke the tine off on the one big sticker which actually was a big split fork. I figure there was another 10+ inches chewed off and broken on that shed.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:23 PM
packhuntr

Hey Nube, pictures 2 and 3, look like the same whitetail, just 1 year apart. Sure shows alot of the same charachteristics, and the pedicule appears in the pictures to be the same. Tough to tell in pictures though. Do you have the left sides to those two sheds????
Old 05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
nube

They are both from the same area. Found roughly 2 quarters apart. Could be the same deer. The first picture is from after the 2nd year of chasing him around. I had 2 hunters I was guiding that had chances at him.n The one guy had 2 different chances with 5 shots and the second guy thought it was too small to shoot. He said it would only go 150 at most.HAHAHAH. I told him it would have been over 160 for sure and He should shoot it. I had just finished a bush push for him when the deer came out and stood there looking at us at 100 yards. I went back after the winter and found his shed in the 8 acre bush 80 yard from where I last pushed him out. Never did hunt him again after that. I wish I had the other side.