Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM

Default Looking for info on o/u shotgun made in ussr model IJ-27-E

I think it's a Baikal shotgun. Engraving of buck on one side doe on other, double trigger. Any info would be great. Any idea what it's worth? I bought it close to 20 years ago. And never new much about it. It shoots good tough.
Thanks.
Brad
Old 07-17-2012, 05:43 PM

Baikals are very well thought of, or NOT thought of very well, and bashed senselessly, depending on who you talk to.
I have met hunters that have used the same Baikal O/U for 20 and more years and love them.
They are a bit heavier some some brands, but they are very reliable.
Normally you will see them selling for about $3-$450 used, but to some hunters they will never be for sale!
I've shot them BTW, but do not own one at the present......
Cat
Old 07-17-2012, 05:51 PM

Thanks cat!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:01 PM

hope this helps

David
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...169592&start=0

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Ca...l-shotguns.htm
Old 07-17-2012, 06:10 PM

Shotgunworld is one of those websites that has several forums, and if you wonder out of say, the CZ forum, and post in the shotguns opinion or the berreta forum, get ready for a sh$t storm.
The comment of the one poster about slings on O/U's is typical of the Yankee mentality.
Someone should show him pics of a European hunt club rack full of Kreigoffs and Merkels with slings on them- he'd likely have a fit!
I have watched as a flight of geese came over as we picked up birds and the only one in the group with a gun ( because it was slung over my back) got shooting in.
As far as the Baikals themselves go, The ones I did shoot shot where I pointed.
If I ran into a deal on one I'd grab it , just because......
Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Shotgunworld is one of those websites that has several forums, and if you wonder out of say, the CZ forum, and post in the shotguns opinion or the berreta forum, get ready for a sh$t storm.
The comment of the one poster about slings on O/U's is typical of the Yankee mentality.
Someone should show him pics of a European hunt club rack full of Kreigoffs and Merkels with slings on them- he'd likely have a fit!
I have watched as a flight of geese came over as we picked up birds and the only one in the group with a gun ( because it was slung over my back) got shooting in.
As far as the Baikals themselves go, The ones I did shoot shot where I pointed.
If I ran into a deal on one I'd grab it , just because......
Say Cat: Remember Shotgun World about 10-12 years ago when it was an absolute goat show? I loved arguing on there under different names from different countries.

You may have remembered me as one of three persons.

Lord Listerine from of my british proxy server, Herr Merkel on my german proxy server, and Arsiline from Folson State Prison on my U.S. server.

That was one heck of a zoo.

I think I was called everything under the sun on that forum.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM

I seem to recal "Lord Listerine"!
it's still a gong show at times , depending on the forum!
They love to bash the CZ/Huglu guys and talk to us like we have never owned a decent gun!
The trap and skeet forums are hilarious, there should be a rule that you have to be at least punched as an A class shooter to participate in them!!
Cat
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM

I do tend to get some laughs from some of the stuff on the US forums. You see much the same thing everywhere though, even here.. Lots of garbage to pick through for the odd gem of real info. A person can develop a picture of a sort, once you learn to distinguish the parameters of what is being said, by those who contribute. And yet there are some things allowed on some of the forums, that ruin the forum. There are some people down there, on some forums, that if you see their name on a thread, may as well skip it altogether.