Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 PM

Default Shooting Edge?

Hey guys, my RPAL is in the mail

But I want to get some hands on before I make a decision with my potential handgun. The website for the shooting edge in Calgary doesn't say much but apparently they offer rental for use at the range. Does anybody here know about pricing or selection with this club?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned

why not get it right from the horse's mouth and ask them? they have a phone.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Haha, just wanted to see if there were better places to go see that someone might suggest. But I will be calling them this weekend
Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 PM

You buy a day pass ( or membership) and if you want to try out their range guns, you just buy ammo from them and fire away. If you have your own firearms you can use your own ammo, but outside ammo is strictly verboten in the range guns. If you want to head in there before you have your PAL, you have to bring a friend; they no longer allow lone shooters with no PAL's to shoot there. It's a policy instituted by a couple of self-induced mortalities there; it's less likely a person will do themselves in with a friend in attendance.

If you have a PAL you're fine to shoot solo; as it's assumed if you had similar intentions to some clients they've had, you'd have the opportunity and class to do it elsewhere. Kind of a bugger some tools did that, but the policies not so bad; it's always nice to bring a friend; the more, the merrier

I think after the day pass, ammo is about $36-ish/50 rounds in 9mm, firearms use included. Other calibers are available at varying prices, but 9pm is the cheapest.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 AM

There is an advertisment in the Sun today for a sale "on everything" at TSE this Friday / Saturday.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Smile They're great!

I've taken rookies (wife and friends) son's BD party and every one had a good time. What made it even better was old dad out shooting the boys. That 1911 colt 45 was my favorite.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
There is an advertisment in the Sun today for a sale "on everything" at TSE this Friday / Saturday.

That sale coincides with the Easter Gun show down at the Stampede Grounds. Instead of renting tables and moving so much inventory down there they just have a big sale. The show brings in tons of people from out of town and the Shooting Edge capitalizes on that, you'll always see people you saw at the show at TSE or Wholesale Sports.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 PM

Default Shooting edge staff waste of space.

Waited around for some staff member to come and assist me at the front counter 25 minutes and only three customers there all that time, there were about six staff in there filling the shelves but we just had to wait, WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE CUSTOMERS ALWAYS COME FIRST RULE.
I only wanted a part left there for me by the gunsmith then when I did get a staff member to help "I said there was a part behind the counter left for me by the gunsmith" Staff you need to go to the gunsmith room, staff walked with me....Gunsmith and I walked back to the front counter into a small room and there was my part in a BIG PLASTIC BOX WITH MY NAME ON IT well done the shooting edge staff try opening your EYES next time.
If you want to waste time go to the shooting edge and waste there's.
WHAT A ****Y EXPERIENCE. MUST DO BETTER NEXT TIME.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Check out "the Calgary shooting centre". I like that place much more than TSE