Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2018, 12:31 PM

Unhappy Hug your kids

We lost a 24 year old girl this morning, lifelong friend of my daughter. I just cant even think of anything to say, in a town of well under 200, 3 deaths in a week is hard to comprehend.
I was in shock when my wife called me to say she was gone, her and my daughter share the same first name and my brain stuck there.
Rough morning, the only good thing is she will not suffer anymore.
When my Dad was gone someone said something to me that rings in my ears to this day, maybe the one thing that helped me through.
When the body or the mind can not possibly get any better, no matter how hard the professionals try, it is compassionate release that sets them free of the pain and suffering.
Brit got compassionate release this morning. Goodbye kid, we miss you.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-11-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
We lost a 24 year old girl this morning, lifelong friend of my daughter. I just cant even think of anything to say, in a town of well under 200, 3 deaths in a week is hard to comprehend.
I was in shock when my wife called me to say she was gone, her and my daughter share the same first name and my brain stuck there.
When my Dad was gone someone said something to me that rings in my ears to this day, maybe the one thing that helped me through.
When the body or the mind can not possibly get any better, no matter how hard the professionals try, it is compassionate release that sets them free of the pain and suffering.
Sorry for your loss. Even if she wasn't your daughter, I am sure you treated her as such.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Sorry for your loss. Even if she wasn't your daughter, I am sure you treated her as such.
Thanks Andrew.
Truth be known, I knew her more being a first responder to their house on too many occasions, I am not sure she was ever even in our house but my daughter is understandably hurting. She is the first kid to pass here in a long time, which of course is always the hardest. Also the first in their grad class, which will hit all those kids hard.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-11-2018, 01:21 PM

Very sad news Ken, Sorry to hear this , I can feel the sadness in the writing in your post...
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-11-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks Andrew.

Truth be known, I knew her more being a first responder to their house on too many occasions, I am not sure she was ever even in our house but my daughter is understandably hurting. She is the first kid to pass here in a long time, which of course is always the hardest. Also the first in their grad class, which will hit all those kids hard.

Definitely a wake up call for everyone. Every death in a small town rocks it to it’s core. Hopefully she is in a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Default Loss

My daughter had a friend from high school, they attended Nursing school, got their first jobs together, was murdered by her mother a little over a year ago just before Christmas. It was a brutal time. It was the only occasion, that as a father, I didn't know what to do or say.
But I will say it now, love your kids, and if possible hug them every day.

Last edited by Ronji; 04-11-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:33 PM

Sorry for your loss, Ken.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:43 PM

Sorry to hear.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Take care Ken. Sorry to hear.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:48 PM

Sympathies to you and your family. I’ll say a prayer tonight for you and your family.

BW
Old 04-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Thanks guys. I forgot to say myself, deepest condolences to the family and friends.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:41 AM

Sorry to hear it Ken, death is almost always a sad time, I'll be praying for you and the family.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:51 AM

24 way to young for sure . My condolences to you and all who knew her!!!
Old 04-12-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks Andrew.
Being a first responder in a small community has significant challenges, but your service is invaluable.

Sorry for your loss.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:21 AM

Tough loss Ken, condolences.

LC
Old 04-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Tell both my boys I love the a minimum of 1 time a day usually way more, the wife says I shouldn't say it to the 15 yo so much, but I don't care still do it anyway, my 10 yo usually gives me a hug the the minute I walk in the door.
I even tell the warden I love her, the odd time.
The first thing my boys do when I get home is hug me and ask how my day was.
They need it and I need it, don't ever want no regrets with regards to my boys.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:36 AM

Ken
Sorry to hear of your loss, and deepest condolences to all affected by her passing.

You are a big man with the heart to match.

D