Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-17-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
It is not penetration based on expanded diameter,...it is penetration based on two different bullets... one acting like a FMJ and the other as mushrooming pancake.

Do you not get what I am saying!!!!!!!

You have changed two variables....

One being the bullet, two being the FPS....

Of course the 1800 fps penetrated further and it is not counter intuitive, YOU ARE SHOOTING TWO DIFFERENT BULLETS !!!! yes the same grain, but the frontal areas are completely different.

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!!!

Is it supposed to be surprising, enlightening, mind boggling or something to the rest of us, that you have developed a theory that a 160 grain non expanding bullet with a small frontal area will out penetrate a 160 grain bullet with a giant frontal area, and do such with less force, push, momentum, speed, speed impact momentum, or whatever term you come up with....,????

That is as simple as it gets...people understand this.... or at leat I think they do.

You didn't need to use 1800 fps at all.

at 2689 fps you simply compare a bullet with a giant frontal area, to one with a minute frontal area, and the same simple point is proven....but you changed the speeds in an attempt to manipulate the information to support your oppinion that less speed is better .... the folly of it all, is that the point you are proving is outdated, of little real world use and 99% moot.

Here's my theory...

If I throw a dart at my dartboard side ways, but very hard.
and then throw another dart pointy end first, but only half as hard, the pointy dart throw, though only thrown half as hard, will dig in further....

Look At me everyone...Look at me...I have a new theory...!!!!!

Ta ddaaaaaaa!

Darts thrown at dartboards sideways don't dig in as well as darts thrown horizontally pointy end first!!!! even with less power behind the throw, they still dig in further...

I call this the " pointy endy thingy of the dart" theory....

BOW TO ME>>>BOW TO ME I SAY !!!!!!

I am a physics master!!!!

Seriously guys, if you believe my point that Traps' theory is not actually some new theory or new formula,... just a very simple physics lesson in penetration, ...mainly that an aerodynamic non expanding bullet with little frontal area can out penetrate a non aerodynamic mushroom with large fronatal area at a given or even less fps, can ya gibve me a "X2"
cause i really think that most of us somehow inherently know this,...don't we?

This comparison is of two different bullets, the only thing in common is the grains,....moot to the power of moot...
Easy man, he obviously thinks he has come up with something brillant, you have to admit he has given us something to laugh about. At this point it is best to just smile politely and back away slowly...
Old 12-17-2010, 07:31 AM

ARN?NARN. has that special sense of Newfy humour in him that tends to get lost on may of us Westerners!!
it is amusing however.....!:>)
Cat
Old 12-17-2010, 07:58 AM

Nothing was lost on me Cat but I can see it flying over at least one head.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM

The best way to sum it up is this,...

if 209, Cat, SH, ISB Hardy and a few others see the errors as well, then I'm in good enough company to make this my last post and take the higher road...
Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Wink

209x50 - ride the coat tails of others cause the coward only threatens when he is safe.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
The best way to sum it up is this,...

if 209, Cat, SH, ISB Hardy and a few others see the errors as well, then I'm in good enough company to make this my last post and take the higher road...
It won't be the same without ya.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps View Post
209x50 - ride the coat tails of others cause the coward only threatens when he is safe.
Oh my you shouldn't have wasted the time coming up with that little ditty. Don't you think your time would have been better spent at another attempt at rewriting the laws of physics and exterior ballistics? Keep trying you'll get something right eventually.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 PM

sometimes the simplist things can cloud a clear mind

more so when comparing apples to oranges.

(and I agree, an apple at tossing speed will out penetrate an orange thrown by a MajorLeague pitcher)