Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Man, there are so many smells and odors out there in the real world that I think it unreasonable to expect one to be offensive yet another is acceptable. Some people don't like cigs. Others don't like curry. Some don't like campfire smoke. others don't like farm animals. Some hate the smell of diesel exhaust. Others hate the smell of fertilizer.

No matter what the smell is, somebody is going to complain. No point in telling someone to get over it because if they have an aversion to it, nothing is going to change that, but by the same token, I think most of us here "generally" think that in real world we just want to be left alone and not told what we have to do based on the opinions of others, and if you are getting angry at people over something as basic as smells, especially short duration odors, you are not as much a true conservative and/or libertarian as you profess to be.

Live and let live. Be as courteous and reasonable with others as one can be. Life is too short to make yourself miserable over things like this.
Amen.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Man, there are so many smells and odors out there in the real world that I think it unreasonable to expect one to be offensive yet another is acceptable. Some people don't like cigs. Others don't like curry. Some don't like campfire smoke. others don't like farm animals. Some hate the smell of diesel exhaust. Others hate the smell of fertilizer.

No matter what the smell is, somebody is going to complain. No point in telling someone to get over it because if they have an aversion to it, nothing is going to change that, but by the same token, I think most of us here "generally" think that in real world we just want to be left alone and not told what we have to do based on the opinions of others, and if you are getting angry at people over something as basic as smells, especially short duration odors, you are not as much a true conservative and/or libertarian as you profess to be.

Live and let live. Be as courteous and reasonable with others as one can be. Life is too short to make yourself miserable over things like this.
C'mon, don't be using common sense here...it upsets the fine balance of whining that goes on here at times
Old 10-19-2018, 09:50 AM

too funny, and so easy to pick out the people just begging for something like this to come into effect.
Users are complaining that non users do not like the smell?
HAHA holy crap the very definition of kettle/black!~!
You get a little win, congratulations you can toke your little brains out. Good for you!
Just do not expect the non-users to like it. It simply won't happen. I bet if someone dripping in vomit inducing pig**** sat down next to you in the theatre or at a restaurant you wouldn't sit there and suck in all the flavors, unless you work in pig****. You would get up and move or leave entirely.
I can not wait to see what the next election brings when it comes to buying votes.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:

Smell has very little to do with it, it is just another one of the "anti-smokers" whine. I don't smoke either but the anti-smoker whine is more bothersome than the smoke.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
too funny, and so easy to pick out the people just begging for something like this to come into effect.
You get a little win, congratulations you can toke your little brains out. Good for you!
Just do not expect the non-users to like it. It simply won't happen. I bet if someone dripping in vomit inducing pig**** sat down next to you in the theatre or at a restaurant you wouldn't sit there and suck in all the flavors, unless you work in pig****. You would get up and move or leave entirely.
I can not wait to see what the next election brings when it comes to buying votes.
Would you be OK if your neighbor asked you to stop running a diesel truck because they don't like the smell?

There are much bigger problems in this world than having to smell something unpleasant for a matter of seconds before it blows away. Your analogy of sitting beside someone covered in pig crap is ridiculous and shows how narrowed minded some peoples thinking is on certain subjects.

I'm curious was your day ruined yesterday by the smell of reefer madness taking over your town??? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you noticed absolutely nothing different.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinebeers View Post
Would you be OK if your neighbor asked you to stop running a diesel truck because they don't like the smell?

There are much bigger problems in this world than having to smell something unpleasant for a matter of seconds before it blows away. Your analogy of sitting beside someone covered in pig crap is ridiculous and shows how narrowed minded some peoples thinking is on certain subjects.

I'm curious was your day ruined yesterday by the smell of reefer madness taking over your town??? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you noticed absolutely nothing different.
If the neighbor was sitting in his car window down with my exhaust blowing in and he asked, yes of course I would shut it off, or move it somewhere less offensive to him.

Clothes hair and breath do not 'blow away' in a restaurant or theatre.

Just because there are bigger problems the smaller problems should not affect anyone? Let the armed robbers loose, don't charge them, they didn't shoot anyone just scared them. There are bigger problems like murderers.
Just where do you draw the line? LOL!!
That stupid statement can be used anywhere you feel you should not have to obey a law.

My day in public was not affected at all yesterday by potheads.

My original statement was that when someone comes where I am stinking of skunk I will get up and leave, apparently I am not allowed to do that? That is where I was jumped on lol!

I discuss a particular subject in detail with an analogy and you call it narrow minded?
If you can not focus on a single argument without having to throw the old 'there are bigger problems why worry about the small ones' you do not see the issue?

For so many supposed easy going dudes, there sure are a lot of tight sphincters trying to force everyone into their way of thinking, now that their vice has been legal for what, 48 hours??? They got away with it, whoopee.

What a bunch of hipocrites.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-19-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Gotta say, the biggest shock to me is how many on this forum are users...
And what's disturbing about that is that I'll bet most were non-prescribed users long before it was legal, which makes those of you on that list previously guilty of a criminal offence. Most likely repeated criminal offences.
And yet in most posts you guys are condescending towards the law-abiding members for their negative opinion on a drug that's been legal for all of 48hrs.

I think it will be interesting to see where society ends up in my life time...and by interesting I mean disheartening. Not because of a substance, but because of people's mentality.
How many of our non-using members have suggested they wouldn't follow more strict gun control laws if they were brought in? Everyone has their limit before they call BS on gov't interference. Civil disobedience has brought about a lot of constructive change over the years.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Ken, it is obvious your stance on the legalization of recreational smoking of pot... Was is bothersome is the aggressive nature of your attitude over something as minor as the smell of said substance. Other have pointed out the odor is short lived and there is no one forcing you to toke along with those who choose too.

I personally find the tobacco smokers far worse as many more chain smoke this substance and it collects on their cloths. I can't really say I have the same experience with those who smoke pot.

I hope you can some peace with this new legislation, play the wind and you should live another day
Old 10-19-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Ken, it is obvious your stance on the legalization of recreational smoking of pot... Was is bothersome is the aggressive nature of your attitude over something as minor as the smell of said substance. Other have pointed out the odor is short lived and there is no one forcing you to toke along with those who choose too.

I personally find the tobacco smokers far worse as many more chain smoke this substance and it collects on their cloths. I can't really say I have the same experience with those who smoke pot.

I hope you can some peace with this new legislation, play the wind and you should live another day

You must be joking or perhaps partaking a little too heavily if you think the smell just goes away and doesn't stay with the people who use . Had some renters that used the pantry to store their bongs and it took us a month to get the smell out of the cupboards after they left,if they had smoked in the house it would have been very costly indeed to get the stank out.

Pot smokers are similar to cat ladies, they just can't seem to grasp the fact that they smell bad and not everyone loves their habit (addiction perhaps?) as much as they do. If you spend a week in the bush hunting moose with your pals and no shower you think all is well till you get home and the wife won't go near you because you stink.... same idea .
Old 10-19-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
If the neighbor was sitting in his car window down with my exhaust blowing in and he asked, yes of course I would shut it off, or move it somewhere less offensive to him.

Clothes hair and breath do not 'blow away' in a restaurant or theatre.

Just because there are bigger problems the smaller problems should not affect anyone? Let the armed robbers loose, don't charge them, they didn't shoot anyone just scared them. There are bigger problems like murderers.
Just where do you draw the line? LOL!!
That stupid statement can be used anywhere you feel you should not have to obey a law.

My day in public was not affected at all yesterday by potheads.

My original statement was that when someone comes where I am stinking of skunk I will get up and leave, apparently I am not allowed to do that? That is where I was jumped on lol!

I discuss a particular subject in detail with an analogy and you call it narrow minded?
If you can not focus on a single argument without having to throw the old 'there are bigger problems why worry about the small ones' you do not see the issue?

For so many supposed easy going dudes, there sure are a lot of tight sphincters trying to force everyone into their way of thinking, now that their vice has been legal for what, 48 hours??? They got away with it, whoopee.

What a bunch of hipocrites.

All i'm trying to point out Ken is that you seem to be awfully upset over something that is very minor and like I said before I suspect you wont even notice a difference in your day to day life.

Seems silly to be so bent out of shape over it but that is your issue to deal with I suppose
Old 10-19-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
You must be joking or perhaps partaking a little too heavily if you think the smell just goes away and doesn't stay with the people who use . Had some renters that used the pantry to store their bongs and it took us a month to get the smell out of the cupboards after they left,if they had smoked in the house it would have been very costly indeed to get the stank out.

Pot smokers are similar to cat ladies, they just can't seem to grasp the fact that they smell bad and not everyone loves their habit (addiction perhaps?) as much as they do. If you spend a week in the bush hunting moose with your pals and no shower you think all is well till you get home and the wife won't go near you because you stink.... same idea .
Sorry, not joking just being realistic. The bongs in the pantry is similar to a ashtray full of cig butts stored there. Of course it will have a residual effect, that's a poor snap shot of the culture IMO.

There will always be those who are addicts, not different than any other substance. In general thou, I stand by my experiences with this substance.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:55 AM

I could care less if you light up every five minutes,but don't run me over while texting for a pizza or hurt an employee at your job because your arrs is grass.You will be sued to no end,losing every thing you own.And please no whining crap about like I didn't mean to do it or rat your friends out on something else to save your coward hide to reduce your penalty.

Insurance companies are standing in line waiting for this.Specially WCB.

Lawyers good never be so happy and that is scary in it's self.

Online orders,wonder how many children were part of the thousands of orders online,today's parents to keep little Johnny happy will lie to anyone as long as the little brat listens to them.

Then don't go crying to your doctor that you have breathing problems taking up good health care that others need that had a choice ,but didn't smoke.

Last but not least if I smell weed smoke while out hunting and your carrying a firearm I while rat you out faster than you can blink to the feds .FW and take your plate number.

If you want to get high no big deal,but I have no use for a drunk or stone hunter so don't light up if you don't want trouble

I have my rights as a sober person while out in public to be safe and no drunk or pot head is taking away my liberties to live a free and healthy life.

So to all you happy smokers light up and enjoy your life ,but remember with every wish comes a curse,so light up and puff till you can't puff no more and the same goes out to drunks.

And to every punk that gets it online and passes it on for a profit to younger children,then your as low as it gets and good S....t kicken is what you need.

Like said I could care less if you smoke a bag a day,but there are many that still care about illegal moves done while you are stone.So big brother is now your neighbor 5 times harder.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post

You think this is aggressive? Haha too funny. Why should anything I say bother you? There is nothing minor about something that makes non users want to vomit no matter how much you may like it. It is short lived according to the users that have burnt out their olfactory receptors, not mine which have only been affected by second hand smoke or fires.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
All i'm trying to point out Ken is that you seem to be awfully upset over something that is very minor and like I said before I suspect you wont even notice a difference in your day to day life.

Seems silly to be so bent out of shape over it but that is your issue to deal with I suppose
What is minor to you maybe is not to others. In school they taught us the right of your fist ends where the right of my nose starts. Many have conveniently forgotten this, on purpose.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
What is minor to you maybe is not to others. In school they taught us the right of your fist ends where the right of my nose starts. Many have conveniently forgotten this, on purpose.
There's another good quote Ken "sorry to tell you this buttercup but my rights don't end where your feelings begin"
It's legal now...deal with it.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
There's another good quote Ken "sorry to tell you this buttercup but my rights don't end where your feelings begin"
It's legal now...deal with it.
Good point. The arrogance and ignorance of someone plowing their stench or opinion over someone innocent. How manly of you.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:22 PM

I never touch the stuff. And even if I wanted to smoke it, I couldn't due to the restrictions that the company I work for has put in place. But I actually don't really mind the smell of it lol. I don't smoke tobacco either, but I also find the smell of someone smoking a freshly burning cigarette outdoors not unpleasant. Is that weird?
Old 10-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You've said it all right there Ken. What is minor to 99.999% of the population seems to be a HUGE deal for you. Fair point and is certainly your right

Quoting Abraham Lincoln seems fitting for the times you seem to be living in.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
I never touch the stuff. And even if I wanted to smoke it, I couldn't due to the restrictions that the company I work for has put in place. But I actually don't really mind the smell of it lol. I don't smoke tobacco either, but I also find the smell of someone smoking a freshly burning cigarette outdoors not unpleasant. Is that weird?
Same.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You've said it all right there Ken. What is minor to 99.999% of the population seems to be a HUGE deal for you. Fair point and is certainly your right

Quoting Abraham Lincoln seems fitting for the times you seem to be living in.
You think that 99.999% of the population are potheads? By the dozen or so proponents in here?
Talk about living it fantasyland.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You think that 99.999% of the population are potheads? By the dozen or so proponents in here?
I think he means 99.999% are tolerant people that don't let little things bother them
Old 10-19-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I think he means 99.999% are tolerant people that don't let little things bother them
I think you are correct!!!
Old 10-19-2018, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good point. The arrogance and ignorance of someone plowing their stench or opinion over someone innocent. How manly of you.
You are too funny...as long as everyone agrees with your opinion things are great...correct??
Kinda the pot calling the kettle black!
Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Now put that in yer pipe and smoke it...
Old 10-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
more like 99.999% have given up talking to the wall. Hard to argue with a segment of the society that's basic comeback is whoaaa dude mellow out maaan I smell awesome
Old 10-19-2018, 01:20 PM

Said as satire about public lands...

It will be interesting when the pine trees killed by pine beetles and forest fires on public lands are re-seeded with tall strains of pot plants just so the government can keep up with consumption demand and have forests not affected by pine beetles. Camping and deer hunting in the Alberta foothill forests in a couple years will look and smell so different.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-19-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Not at all. Where did I say 99.999% of the population was pot heads? I said 99.999% wouldn't get their panties in a bunch like some folks seem to be over something very minor (you don't have to repeat yourself we all know its not minor to you, we get it smells are your kryptonite)

I never touch the stuff but according to the fantasy land you live in Ken because it doesn't bother me then I must partake ??? Did I get that right?
Old 10-19-2018, 01:30 PM

Consider the potential impact to our free range beef; think it will be noticeable?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steaks.jpg (62.9 KB, 22 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Hilarious You guys all stomping your feet and getting all cranked up because Ken is stomping his feet and getting all cranked up .

how do you spell hypocrite? Love AO.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Said as satire about public lands...

It will be interesting when the pine trees killed by pine beetles and forest fires on public lands are re-seeded with tall strains of pot plants just so the government can keep up with consumption demand and have forests not affected by pine beetles. Camping and deer hunting in the Alberta foothill forests in a couple years will look and smell so different.
An honest question... I've never smelled a living pot plant, do they have the same type of odor?