Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Let’s not lose sight of the FACT that 0.2% of Alberta’s population has tested positive for Covid-19. And 0.004% have died from it. Will that change? Probably. Should we all go dancing? Probably not. Should we keep our distance? Might not hurt where we can. Should we wear rubber gloves to shop? Well, no. A mask to walk down the street? In your car?

And just for giggles less than 1% of the American population has had Covid. 0.04% have died.

Or put another way, 330,867,000 haven’t died from it in the US. Well done Trump.
Trump repeatedly states that they have done more testing than anyone and have a firm grip on the virus so their numbers should be accurate.

3,098,959 Total cases
1,609,254 Open cases with outcome not known yet
1,489,705 Closed cases recovery/death as endpoint
134,030 deaths
8.9% death rate of closed cases
Old 07-08-2020, 10:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Trump repeatedly states that they have done more testing than anyone and have a firm grip on the virus so their numbers should be accurate.

3,098,959 Total cases
134,030 deaths
hmmm and now people are questioning why one of the most powerful nations is failing miserably....one word...Trump.

If the vessel is falling apart, crew are lazy and do what they wish...take a look in the wheel house....there is your answer.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-08-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:

3,098,959 Total cases
134,030 deaths
You are correct with your numbers. Unfortunately they are a rough indicator but needs more aggregate data to provide a more reliable indication of what id going on. This is like saying 10% of all traffic accidents result in a fatality and banning cars. The number of succesful trips needs to be factored in to get a reliable answer.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
You are correct with your numbers. Unfortunately they are a rough indicator but needs more aggregate data to provide a more reliable indication of what id going on. This is like saying 10% of all traffic accidents result in a fatality and banning cars. The number of succesful trips needs to be factored in to get a reliable answer.
Those are the numbers that we have at this time. Many use fictitious guesstimates to prove that it's under control and not really that bad. Well these numbers are accurate, as of today, but obviously will change as new cases are added, and people recover/die.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Those are the numbers that we have at this time. Many use fictitious guesstimates to prove that it's under control and not really that bad. Well these numbers are accurate, as of today, but obviously will change as new cases are added, and people recover/die.
I agree with you as we can only use the numbers we have to use as metrics. The fictitious guesstimates that people use to prove its under control are also used to prove its out of control. My point is using this data alone is not capable of providing a good answer to what is happening.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Well actually if you remove NY and NJ from the US stats their mortality rate from Covid-19 is pretty close to that of Canada. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Also for those discussing the "lag", this graph would seem to indicate that we are past the lag point and daily deaths in the US are still trending downwards or at the very least not spiking upwards.

We are not past the lag. Look at the new infections which are not resolved.

But yes, based on the resolved cases the US death rate is similar to Canada's - this point was made by a few of us.

The lag will remain as long as we are adding new cases and there remains to be a "window of time" for people to get better or die.

In that case, the death rates (which are, by definition, resolved) and comparing them to total cases (resolved and unresolved) does not use the same common denominator.

You either forecast your death rates using all cases, or you should be reporting death rate versus resolved cases - which is why the US is showing a number much smaller than has been reported here.

Our metrics take this into account. The CDC's do not.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:03 AM

Yes and what about the rest of the world. The virus is in places that one day air travel will open up to.
I would like to see a plan from the people that are getting paid to control this.

Very little talk about the trouble spots around the world.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:15 AM

I'd be interested in seeing a graph above with the number of years conducted. I bet the percentage of "covid-positive" vs tests is consistent.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:37 AM

How bad will it get? A lot worse. We haven’t seen anything yet and I’m not talking just the virus
Old 07-08-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Yes and what about the rest of the world. The virus is in places that one day air travel will open up to.
I would like to see a plan from the people that are getting paid to control this.

Very little talk about the trouble spots around the world.
Yes,

Once people start travelling this will likely cause more infections. No doubt.

The definition of "people who are paid to control this", to me, is Lawmakers, Presidents and Governors make decisions to institute policy and implement controls.

Clearly, if you look at the "people who are paid to be experts and provide recommendations" they don't have the power, authority to implement or legislate controls.

The problem is that not all lawmakers, Presidents or Governors listen, or take the recommendations from the experts and they end up where the US is now, and where Brazil is now. (#1 and #2 in the world in terms of deaths, infections, etc..).

Those are simple facts and anyone who says "good job Trump" or provides some sort of "fist pump" is simply refusing to accept facts and reality.

I am so amazed that the Kool Aid lines are still full of people so willing to ignore reality.

To exasperate it - Even the governments own websites confirm the poor job and poor results.

Yet we stand up there at the podium self gratifying and congratulating ourselves for what a fantastic job we have done.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
So are the numbers I posted.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineFlyFisher View Post
How bad will it get? A lot worse. We haven’t seen anything yet and I’m not talking just the virus
I predict lockdowns....military enforced....if required.

Look at Melbourne Australia....6 weeks....lockdown.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/asia/...hnk/index.html

Old 07-08-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I predict lockdowns....military enforced....if required.

Look at Melbourne Australia....6 weeks....lockdown.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/asia/...hnk/index.html
Not in the US.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:49 AM
Banned

This thread reminds me of the foam ball I used to play with when I was a kid.

The ball is red.

The ball is blue.

Or is the ball red and blue with a white stripe dividing it in two?

Old 07-08-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

The ball is red.

The ball is blue.

make it stop!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:

3,098,959 Total cases
134,030 deaths
I see you have changed the metrics regarding death rates.
That's fine, but now you have introduced information that can't be compared to other Nations.

You don't show what source you are using.

To remain consistent for the data and allow us to have a valuable comparable, please do the same for Canada and the world including the source of the information.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 07-08-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:

The ball is red.

The ball is blue.

the ball is upside down....dam you kurt….

Old 07-08-2020, 12:17 PM

Because they are winning:

AP: US to advise health care workers to reuse PPE

Vice President Mike Pence says the U.S. government will issue guidance encouraging front-line health care workers to reuse personal protective equipment.

Pence, speaking at White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing on Wednesday, added that PPE supplies remain “very strong” but the Trump administration will be encouraging healthcare workers “to use some of the best practices” to “preserve and reuse” face masks and other protective equipment.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
the ball is upside down....dam you kurt….

Just this once, I’ll fix it for you.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
I see you have changed the metrics regarding death rates.
That's fine, but now you have introduced information that can't be compared to other Nations.

You don't show what source you are using.

To remain consistent for the data and allow us to have a valuable comparable, please do the same for Canada and the world including the source of the information.
I'm using worldometer, the same as everyone else on here, and this just helps clarifies to those who like to say the mortality rate is dropping, it isn't, all the data just isn't in yet. If you want a clear picture you only look at the data that is complete, and over a million is a rather robust sample.
Worldometer also posts the mortality rate for all closed cases world wide. Their total for the world is 7%

Last edited by Scott h; 07-08-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Because they are winning:

AP: US to advise health care workers to reuse PPE

Vice President Mike Pence says the U.S. government will issue guidance encouraging front-line health care workers to reuse personal protective equipment.

Pence, speaking at White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing on Wednesday, added that PPE supplies remain “very strong” but the Trump administration will be encouraging healthcare workers “to use some of the best practices” to “preserve and reuse” face masks and other protective equipment.
He's trying to set the scene for when they run out of safety equipment AGAIN. It's a right to refuse an unsafe work environment, so if medical professionals don't have the proper equipment then the patient won't get helped.

Last edited by Scott h; 07-08-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:20 PM

Thought I would see what is going in Quebec for reference.

From: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/heal...rus-in-quebec/

The latest data of the evolution of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours in Québec reveal:

82 new cases, bringing the total number of people infected to 56,079;

6 new deaths were recorded, to which are added 7 deaths that occurred before June 30, for a total of 5,603;

hospitalizations decreased by 16, for an overall total of 331. Among these, 27 patients are in intensive care, a increase of 1;

7,576 tests were performed on July 6, for a cumulative total of 921,440.

This puts there positive tests at 6.1%

For Alberta we are 8,436 cases with testing at 493,935 or 1.7%

BC is 2,990 cases with testing at 205,637 or 1.5%

Ontario is 36,178 cases with testing at 1,582,361 or 2.3%

Last edited by CMichaud; 07-08-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:30 PM

Wink

Quote:
Just this once, I’ll fix it for you.

now if it was only that easy to fix the economy from the covid backlash.....kurt ya wonna get into politics?....got one vote for ya....it's a start!

Old 07-08-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Thought I would see what is going in Quebec for reference.

From: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/heal...rus-in-quebec/

The latest data of the evolution of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours in Québec reveal:

82 new cases, bringing the total number of people infected to 56,079;

6 new deaths were recorded, to which are added 7 deaths that occurred before June 30, for a total of 5,603;

hospitalizations decreased by 16, for an overall total of 331. Among these, 27 patients are in intensive care, a increase of 1;

7,576 tests were performed on July 6, for a cumulative total of 921,440.

This puts there positive tests at 6.1%

For Alberta we are 8,436 cases with testing at 493,935 or 1.7%

BC is 2,990 cases with testing at 205,637 or 1.5%

Ontario is 36,178 cases with testing at 1,582,361 or 2.3%
LOL !!! Long way to go if we want to count on herd immunity for protection!
Old 07-08-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
LOL !!! Long way to go if we want to count on herd immunity for protection!
A month or so ago, there was a study released for the Swedish government that indicated the “immunity” rate in Stockholm of about 7.5% in the beginning of May, if I recall correctly. Most of the other Europe, that went through lockdowns and whatnot, was at about 5% at the time, according to other studies. The main doc and strategist for Sweden’s approach, whatever his name is, said in the interview that they were disappointed because they were expecting the number to be closer to 25-30% by then. At the same time, the Swedish economy took a hit comparable to the other Nordic countries. I can find the article(s) I read to support all this if necessary, or those interested can find themselves.

Needless to say that their (Sweden’s) health care system is quite different from the US, including the capacity. They also don’t run around in protests, they take precautions, social distancing, etc. My wife’s cousin and quite a bit of her other family lives in Sweden. The life after COVID happened is far from “normal” there as well. Funny enough, they currently have almost exact same restrictions we have in place in Alberta. Those guys thinking that they just continue doing what they did back January are kidding themselves, read about it. Read about the state of their economy as well.

By continuing as we were prior and “letting her rip” is not a very smart approach, which is very evident south of our border. If people think the current state of economy is less than great, I doubt people want to see what would happen if the world just “opens up” to life style of prior-2020. I find it weird that people don’t see the consequences.

What is happening in the USA is pretty ridiculous. It is a major fail by the government and people. Someone mentioned that their daily number of deaths keeps falling, they are in for a surprise in a few days. They had over 900 yesterday, according to worldometer, which is the highest in almost a month and they are approaching the same number today. You can’t have hospitals filling up, reaching capacity, and not expecting significant increase in mortality.

The weirdest thing is that we have already been through this elsewhere in the world, in some states, some places here in Canada and some down south are going to go through the same thing all over again. There is no excuse this time. And it clearly appears from the earlier press conference today they may experience a shortage in PPE yet again. It’s like a badly scripted movie, a bizarro world.

Furthermore, those running their own businesses here, is your business set up for opening and closing numerous times over and over again? How many closures would it take before you close the doors permanently? 1? 2? I am assuming most would fit into “2” or so category. This is exactly what is happening in Texas, California, Florida, etc. And it will continue to happen until the common sense kicks in. They are destroying their economies, not saving them. It is obvious. The straight up herd immunity way is a longer and more expensive road to take. Closures, lockdowns will occur once the health care system reaches close to capacity, regardless of what anyone thinks. It is crystal clear.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Interesting video. Came upon it today.

https://youtu.be/eDSDdwN2Xcg
That is interesting

-Billy Molls
Old 07-08-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I'm using worldometer, the same as everyone else on here, and this just helps clarifies to those who like to say the mortality rate is dropping, it isn't, all the data just isn't in yet. If you want a clear picture you only look at the data that is complete, and over a million is a rather robust sample.
Worldometer also posts the mortality rate for all closed cases world wide. Their total for the world is 7%

Why did you ignore posting Canada's death rate using your metrics.

Please explain why Canada has such a horrendous death rate compared to the US and the World?

US. 9.7%

World 7.9%

Canada 12.4% !

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 07-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Why did you ignore posting Canada's death rate using your metrics.

Please explain why Canada has such a horrendous death rate compared to the US and the World?

US. 9.7%

World 7.9%

Canada 12.4% !

Maybe he never had his magnesium?
Old 07-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
3 gummies each would get the party started
Starting to think maybe I'm the one that needs a gummie to follow along with the thought path of some
Old 07-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
That is interesting
If I didn’t know any better I would say they want covid to continue until our economies have been decimated so they can impose the globalist agenda.
Closed Thread