Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 07:04 AM

Default Nosler branded WBY ammo

Anyone know where in Canada one can buy NoslerCustom 240 Weatherby Ammo? Not happy with the performance and consistency of the WBY branded ammo and want to try Nosler, not ready to go to handloading yet.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Anyone know where in Canada one can buy NoslerCustom 240 Weatherby Ammo? Not happy with the performance and consistency of the WBY branded ammo and want to try Nosler, not ready to go to handloading yet.
Did you try the Weatherby Select. It is less money than regular WB and shoots really well out of my 257. As far as Nosler ammo, have not seen any since WS closed. Cabela's carries it but they don't list 240 Bee.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:35 PM

I find the Weatherby Select and Select Plus shoot well in my 257 & 300 Weatherbys.
Prophet river has a good selection of Weatherby and Nosler ammo and if they dont have it try Sylvesters in Bonnyville. They carry quite a bit of both aswell.
With that said be prepared to pay cause it aint cheap lol
Old 01-16-2018, 04:37 PM

Thank you, I will look into that. I have been shooting through my boxes of Spire Point 87gr, which I see they no longer even offer (have not for a few years), so maybe there is a reason. Hope so because this gun is driving me crazy. It is an ultralight though so maybe it will never be accurate/consistent.

Last edited by Taiga; 01-16-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-16-2018, 04:48 PM

I have an Ultralight in 257wby. It shoots good with both Select and Select Plus ammo.
I see Sylvesters in Bonnyville has Weatherby brand ammo for the 240 but not Nosler.
They carry a 85gr TTSX. I would be trying that if I were you. But like I said before pricey. 120$/Box
Old 01-16-2018, 09:40 PM

I know you don’t really want to reload yet, but for the cost of 3-4 boxes I bet you could get a setup to make your own. They’ll be far more accurate too.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:41 AM

Reloading isnt always an option for everyone. I used to reload, really enjoyed it. But now working away from home I dont have time. And in the summer when I do have some time id rather be fishing or checking trail cams etc.
Id much rather buy a couple boxes, sight in and go hunting.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
Reloading isnt always an option for everyone. I used to reload, really enjoyed it. But now working away from home I dont have time. And in the summer when I do have some time id rather be fishing or checking trail cams etc.
Id much rather buy a couple boxes, sight in and go hunting.
The only reason I said it is because he does not have many options and even buying that type of factory ammo doesn’t mean he’ll get better accuracy from it. I understand where you come from but it’s not like he owns a 308 is the issue where there are a million options. If I didn’t reload I probably wouldn’t own some of the the rifles I have because in some cases factory ammo is sometimes impossible to get.

Kevin
Old 01-17-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlak View Post
The only reason I said it is because he does not have many options and even buying that type of factory ammo doesn’t mean he’ll get better accuracy from it. I understand where you come from but it’s not like he owns a 308 is the issue where there are a million options. If I didn’t reload I probably wouldn’t own some of the the rifles I have because in some cases factory ammo is sometimes impossible to get.

Kevin
I agree. I started reloading 50 years ago because there was no such thing as accurate factory ammo. Now i can buy accurate factory stuff but I still get to shoot way more by reloading.

Many of my guns the factory ammo is over $150 a box, I would almost never shoot them at that price. If my main hunting gun was one, and I couldn't get accurate factory ammo for it, I would have to sell it and get something more generic.

Out of a large number of hunting partners there are only two of us that reload but funny enough, everyone else is shooting reloaded ammo too.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:31 PM
AO Sponsor

I use the 100 gr Norma factory bullet loads in my cooper 240. Very good and same price as buying the brass. I'll reload once I've shot through the five boxes I have.