Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2020, 12:47 PM

Default When Does the Quarantine Act End in Canada.

When does the Quarantine Act End. I thought it was June. Or is it Sept?

There is no Parliament and no Accountability. I wrote my MP, a while back chiding the Conservatives for being doormats, and too never extend this measure beyond the term if they ever sought my vote.. We have irreputable damage that can't be fixed without competant and drastic measures. We can ill afford anymore damage to our way of life.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:10 PM
Banned

Hate to say it but we are in a pickle.
I agree...we need to exercise caution but it is time to restart the economy.
But every cross Canada poll (up til yesterday) says the vast majority of Canadians feel we should stay in lockdown for the summer.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:59 PM

This is the “new normal” no one told you
Old 05-30-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
This is the “new normal” no one told you
Yes the new normal sucks but we still have to be careful. I think we are in fairly good shape in Alberta and B.C. Saskatchewan. It’s the US that is going to be very volatile for a long time. Zero control down there with no leadership. And there is no lockdown here as far as I know as someone mentioned
Old 05-30-2020, 02:33 PM

Edmonton Mayor Iveson And City Council just extended the state of emergency For Edmonton for another 90 days. We have very low covid infection rates At the moment...

Does he get more funding from Prov or Feds if he does this,,, anyone know?
Old 05-30-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Edmonton Mayor Iveson And City Council just extended the state of emergency For Edmonton for another 90 days. We have very low covid infection rates At the moment...

That sucks, Edmonton did so well, you guys should be getting things going
Old 05-30-2020, 06:30 PM

Alaska just lifted the self quarantine provision for arrivals by air. You have to present a negative covid test result or they will do one at the airport. It's a step forward.

Grizz
Old 05-30-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
But every cross Canada poll (up til yesterday) says the vast majority of Canadians feel we should stay in lockdown for the summer.
The anecdotal does match the polling. I don't trust any media source that is funded by the Taxpayer.

Even if its true, its is only because of the Easy Money without accountability. I doubt majority of us peasants believe anywhere close to 50 percent of the narrative. Look at the Hipsters and Yahoo's in Trudeau Liberal Land enjoying the sun in Queen's Park. Even their mayor ain't drinking the koolaid evidenced by his contempt for Social Distancing.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
The anecdotal does match the polling. I don't trust any media source that is funded by the Taxpayer.

Even if its true, its is only because of the Easy Money without accountability. I doubt majority of us peasants believe anywhere close to 50 percent of the narrative. Look at the Hipsters and Yahoo's in Trudeau Liberal Land enjoying the sun in Queen's Park. Even their mayor ain't drinking the koolaid evidenced by his contempt for Social Distancing.
Exactly
They know that the end of Covid is the end of free money from dum dum!

BW
Old 05-30-2020, 10:40 PM

Man, I cant wait for a separation referendum!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post

100% just wait in line for the hand outs ......
Old 05-30-2020, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

I tend not to put much faith in polls either....but whether it be sponsored polls, polls in the media where it is up to the individual to respond or man in the street...they all report near 80% of people think it’s too early to come out of isolation.
I chalk it up to the fact that we now have a lot of people who:
a) think ‘they’ can protect us from anything
b) the Turd will continue handing out money
It’s all about entitlement.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:25 AM

Default There's a few wrinkles to all of this

The quarantine act is enacted to reduce infection rates among travellers and parts of it have been extended to provincial authorities via health orders. Our office reduced staff by 80% and we were hoping that a June/July start would happen. It looks more like a Sept/Oct start with limited public access, a tough go when you're in the education business and expect to see bums in the seats. My daughter works for Alberta Health and has been intimately involved with the COVID crisis; while our numbers are excellent we are still on the uphill side of the curve. It is my opinion that it is still too soon to rush back and resume all activities, I think we will be social distancing for awhile. Patience is key. Politically though, there is less and less patience each day; and the decision to go back to work will be Kenney's. I saw a great quote the other day - "we will never know if we did too much, we will only know if we did too little."
I think we should be prepared for a new normal, restrictions on shopping and the number of people in stores, large gatherings etc.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:36 AM

Why don’t we start doing things based on what statistics are starting to tell us? That is. If you are under the age of 65 your chances of dying from this thing is less than with the seasonal flu. So let’s quit locking down things that have direct correlation to that age group?

-Billy Molls
Old 05-31-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Why don’t we start doing things based on what statistics are starting to tell us? That is. If you are under the age of 65 your chances of dying from this thing is less than with the seasonal flu. So let’s quit locking down things that have direct correlation to that age group?
True, but you could transmit it to another and then on to a vulnerable group. Guess it could be just Seniors, hiding in their houses.

Grizz
Old 05-31-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
True, but you could transmit it to another and then on to a vulnerable group. Guess it could be just Seniors, hiding in their houses.

Grizz
If that is what needs to happen, that is what needs to happen. They will be hiding for a lot longer if the current situation continues

-Billy Molls
Old 05-31-2020, 11:44 AM

Default True - but

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
The 60+ group are the ones most seriously affected, but they are not the ones transmitting and transporting the virus through our communities.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Exactly.. There was an article out that a problem arising is the resistance to going back to normal, or even a modified normal. They figure there are 3 groups of people, or schools of thought. The first group is going out, while still using some of, or most of, the precautions. The second group wants to wait and see on what happens to the first group, and the third group is waiting the longest.

IMO, reopen the economy and admit that they over-reacted. It kept the numbers low, but did nothing for immunity for the people and is killing, or has killed, our economy. Keeping things closed up til a vaccine comes out that may or may not be effective is ludicrous. There will be enough people blown away next March when they figure out that all of these government handouts aren't going to be free..
Old 05-31-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100winger View Post
The 60+ group are the ones most seriously affected, but they are not the ones transmitting and transporting the virus through our communities.
That does not matter. It is not the point. At all.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-31-2020, 12:23 PM

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens once CERB checks end and Canadians start having to repay the money collected

Canada is definitely not in a position for a speedy recovery with the damage done to oil&gas, forestry, mining, fisheries and farming industries before Covid19 even started

But don’t worry Trudeau will save us all
Old 05-31-2020, 12:34 PM

It’ll go on til the feds run out of money to give away
Old 05-31-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
It’ll go on til the feds run out of money to give away
They will just print more and devalue the Canadian dollar if they feel the need to
Old 05-31-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
It’s going to be interesting to see what happens once CERB checks end and Canadians start having to repay the money collected

Canada is definitely not in a position for a speedy recovery with the damage done to oil&gas, forestry, mining, fisheries and farming industries before Covid19 even started

But don’t worry Trudeau will save us all
When the current CERB program ends the turd will add more to it. I do t ever see it ending.

Why is Canada still accepting international air traffic?

BW
Old 05-31-2020, 12:59 PM

We are probably accepting international flights because it would be racist for our politicians to put Canada first. 🤮
Old 05-31-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
When the current CERB program ends the turd will add more to it. I do t ever see it ending.

Why is Canada still accepting international air traffic?

BW
I can see the CERB being drug out for a long time too

Not going to get into what Canada should and should not do I am not even going to get into it anymore because I have no say in it

Just riding out the gong show with the observe and react in the manner I see best for my household.