Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 PM

Default Strong Start To NAFA Mink Sale

The NAFA Ranch Mink sale is in full swing with over 400 buyers in attendance. The Chinese are by far
the largest presence, but representation is also strong from Korea, followed by Greece, North America
and Russia.
The Section III offering which started the mink sale on Sunday sold under fierce competition and brought
exceptionally strong prices for this type of mink. NAFA’s famous Breeder collection followed and brought
similar strong results, particularly in the Blacks. China was the dominant buyer throughout.
NAFA’s outstanding Mutation Mink collection opened the regular mink catalogue and also achieved
strong results. In the Blue Iris, larger males advanced 10% from February 2009 levels while size 0’s
were up 15%. Blue Iris females were also up 10% to 15%.
The Sapphire mink experienced similar results, with the better quality males up 5% to 10% and females
up 10% overall, while the Pastel males advanced 15% and the Pastel females were up as much as 20%.
The sale continues tomorrow with various Mutations followed by the Black, Mahogany and
Demi Wild males.

http://www.nafa.ca/auction/archive/N...9-05-18_RF.pdf
Old 05-22-2009, 08:36 PM

So why post three different threads about the same thing??
Old 05-23-2009, 05:34 AM

Default Why

The sale took place over three days starting with the III section mink & breeders, it is interesting for someone who wants to understand what is going on to understand what the fur market trend was on this sale. 2,8 MILLION RANCH MINK sold 100% over 3 days with prices advancing. In their WILD FUR SALE trappers received less money for the very best wild mink producted this season compare to low end ranch mink.
Sorry if this is to much information for you.
Jim
Old 05-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Banned

Thanks Jim for the insite. As you know, the farmed mink are not of great concern to most of us, however in these times, if it will give us an indication of where things may be headed. In this case, maybe there is a light at the end of this tunnel and will make this day a little brighter.. Thx again, Jim
Old 05-25-2009, 02:10 PM

Jim I've appreciate all the info you've posted on the various trapping forums. I'm surprised that those who don't find your info interesting would even read your posts. I know I can easily ignore the posters on this site that don't interest me.

Anyways even though I recognize that you're promoting FHI through the sharing of info I respect you for at least making the effort, and intend to try your auction services out this season.

Keep up the good work Jim.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb View Post
The sale took place over three days starting with the III section mink & breeders, it is interesting for someone who wants to understand what is going on to understand what the fur market trend was on this sale. 2,8 MILLION RANCH MINK sold 100% over 3 days with prices advancing. In their WILD FUR SALE trappers received less money for the very best wild mink producted this season compare to low end ranch mink.
Sorry if this is to much information for you.
Jim
I think you misinterpreted what I said earlier. Although I don't know much about trapping and furs, I do find it interesting. I read pretty much everything on the site even though I'm not a trapper.

What I noticed though was that you made three different threads as opposed to just updating one thread. Yeah I know that's being kind of picky and I'm not a mod and so on....