Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 AM
redgreen

Default Trappers AGM and Convention

Hi all, the Sundre and Rocky Locals are hosting the 2009 ATA AGM and Convention here in Sundre. Trade Show setup will be July 2nd for those that would like to put in a booth. The AGM and Trade Show displays will be open on the 3rd of July, the Banquet, Awards, and dance will be on the 4th of July. There will be many skinning demonstrations and competitions, silent and live auctions (we have secured some excellent stuff to auction already). We have Ted Morton coming to speak at the banquet. Should be a real good turnout!!! Look for more details in the ATA magazine coming up and if anyone has questions just reply to this blurb and I will try to answer.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 PM

I'm really looking forward to the convention this year. It's close to home!!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 AM
redgreen

Default Trappers AGM & Convention Update

Just a bit of an update on events for ths years AGM & Convention. There was some discussion about what families could do in addition to watching competitions, events, demonstrations etc.. We have rented the Sundre Aquaplex Saturday for a couple hours in the morning and a few in the afternoon for free use of any family attending the Convention. It is located in the same complex area as the trade show and AGM.

Also Jim Renner from the Sundre club has donated four single shot .22's and we have obtained the AHEIA laser shooting trailer most people have seen at the various Sportsmen's shows. Jim wants to put on shooting competitions throughout Friday and Sat. for various age categories of youths and the youth with the best score wins one of the rifles. Rules and details will follow but it should be popular.

Booth space is filling up fast with around 30 reserved already, so if there is anyone wishing to put one in best speak up quickly. Phone Bill Macglaughlin at 403-559-7120. He's out building a new cabin right now but you can leave a message.

I'm hoping Rob could put this as a sticky so it stays on top for anyone to read.

Last edited by redgreen; 04-01-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added Saturday
Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 AM

Default Schedule

July 4th weekend right? Friday through to Sunday?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 AM
redgreen

Default Agm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgetter View Post
July 4th weekend right? Friday through to Sunday?

Hi Bullgetter, the AGM is on Friday 3rd, trade show as well, then Sat. 4th is trade show demonstrations etc...Sat. evening is the banquet. Sunday is tear down.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 AM

I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it, I heard it's supposed to be a busy weekend. What about camping facilities or area. Maybe somekind of archery shoot or other. Usually a big hit at sportsman shows.

I live a ways away so it would be nice to camp there.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
redgreen

Default camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Runner View Post
I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it, I heard it's supposed to be a busy weekend. What about camping facilities or area. Maybe somekind of archery shoot or other. Usually a big hit at sportsman shows.

I live a ways away so it would be nice to camp there.
There will be free camping provided on the Rodeo Grounds. Lots of room. There is fresh water available and we will be setting up portable toilets and garbage bins. We are inquiring into a few dedicated fire pit sites as well and it looks ok so far depending on the weather. There are two gray water etc. dumping stations in Town as well. There are other campgrounds around and they will be listed when the info goes out via the ATA website.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply RED. Look forward to it and I'll be sure to track you down somehow.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 PM
redgreen

Default Pen

Quote:
Thanks for the speedy reply RED. Look forward to it and I'll be sure to track you down somehow.
I'll be running the silent auction, and I'll have a fresh pen ready for ya!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM

Oh shucks!!! I suppose that means I have to bring my checkbook and leave the wife at home. LOL.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 PM

Default Convention & Kids

I'm new to the forum, this is my first posting. I own trapline 2700. My family and me are looking forward to attending the trapping convention for the first time, as we will only have to drive 2 1/2 hours north to get there. I'm 29 years old same as my wife and we have kids, two and four. I'm wanting to know if there is anyone going to the convention with kids the same age or close. We will be Camping and I hope there is more people camping also.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Oh shucks!!! I suppose that means I have to bring my checkbook and leave the wife at home. LOL.
don't leave her home, send her to the swimming pool, but bring the cheque book LOL
Old 06-05-2009, 09:39 AM

Default Registration??

I am new to trapping as I just completed my course this past December. Do I have to register to attend the events on Saturday?? I work all week (as most of you do I'm sure) and won't be able to make it on Friday. Can a guy just drop in on Saturday??

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:03 PM

I was told there was no AGM this year.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:21 AM
redgreen

Default Agm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maueice View Post
I was told there was no AGM this year.
Sorry for the late response!! You are correct there is no AGM at the Convention this year. We do however have a packed activity list which should be coming out in the latest Magazine. I just got the Newsletter Jim Mitchell puts out each month and the AGM is scheduled for Sept. 19th at Westlock.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South west trappin RG View Post
I'm new to the forum, this is my first posting. I own trapline 2700. My family and me are looking forward to attending the trapping convention for the first time, as we will only have to drive 2 1/2 hours north to get there. I'm 29 years old same as my wife and we have kids, two and four. I'm wanting to know if there is anyone going to the convention with kids the same age or close. We will be Camping and I hope there is more people camping also.
I think there will be plenty of people camping, it's free at the Sundre Rodeo grounds