Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Exactly. Our society is weird and funny at times. We allow people to over eat and become obese to the point that they can’t walk and need to get around on electric motorized scooters and then we reward them with a handicap sticker or card in their windshield to give them the best parking stall in parking lots. How stellar. But then there are still people that think this plant should be illegal. I don’t get it. But I guess it all boils down to personal opinion and what someone seems right or wrong. I’d be all for alcohol being illegal or limited in someway.
I can back up to a liquor store and buy enough alcohol to kill myself but nobody has ever overdosed on weed. Funny world...
I agree

Just keep Baileys and Spiced Rum off the restricted list....then again, if it tasted the same, Id be ok if they had non- alcohol spiced rum or baileys.....the alcohol means nothing to me. Its the taste
Old 02-15-2020, 02:02 PM

As was brought up many years ago POT is the gateway drug. POT leads to Heroin, now it leads to Meth. Give me a break people. Do not condemn what you know nothing of. Not all good POT smells like skunk. The ones who vape, do not smell. The ones that eat, do not smell. I have been doing studies and tests on POT for the better part of 40+ years and it has nnnnnot aaaaafffffected mmmmmeeee in no way. To the government it was purely a tax grab just like tobacco. Now the novelty is wearing off, one of the big producers and sellers ( AURORA) is laying off workers. Will JT give back some tax dollars to help keep his approved businesses afloat? People are going back to the black market cause it's cheaper to buy. Buy yourself a bigger screen TV with all the theatre sounds around and stay home. Then you can enjoy your movie cheaper than theatre price. Then you can reach into your plastic bag (crinkle krinkle)of whatever candy you enjoy or crunch on your popcorn with your mouth open or slurp on the very end of your drink. All the while I sit high as a kite beside your so called normal state. Hell of a rant.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I agree

Just keep Baileys and Spiced Rum off the restricted list....then again, if it tasted the same, Id be ok if they had non- alcohol spiced rum or baileys.....the alcohol means nothing to me. Its the taste
Yeah the ol spiced rum is my preference as well.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah the ol spiced rum is my preference as well.
Silent Sam and a at home. Crank it up. Tunes Looney, Tunes Music or any good movie of choice. Each to they're own at home.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Silent Sam and a at home. Crank it up. Tunes Looney, Tunes Music or any good movie of choice. Each to they're own at home.
And I agree to that competely! Do what ever the hell you want at home.

But, teach the rest of them not to drive while high, or drive while getting high.

There is the issue.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-15-2020, 03:33 PM

The ones I know do not drive high. They do not get high while driving and I cannot control the ones that do while driving. Do you assume because you do not consume, that they are high all the time? How long a high might last after having what ever way depends on consumption. Weather it be smoked or edible? One is very different from the other. Ok I realize your concern is mostly the smell. I feel your concern. The ones I know , have a straight none high or drinking friend that drives. One thing is when smoked, that high will be for the most part done by the end of the movie. You got more to worry about the drinkers who will still sneak it in at the movies than the tokers before hand. Guess we have in Calgary more theatre's to choose from
Old 02-15-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
And I agree to that competely! Do what ever the hell you want at home.

But, teach the rest of them not to drive while high, or drive while getting high.

There is the issue.
Agreed!!! Same with drinking as well...
Old 02-15-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
agreed!!! Same with drinking as well...
100%

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-15-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I agree

I am the same.

If they made a non-alcoholic merlot that tasted the same as a good merlot I would have that with my steak everytime. Same with a white wine with fish.

I do like Malibu in Brazillian lemonade, (made with limes) but not for the alcohol.

Before all the bitching starts, yes I was drunk once in my life, 1985 after I turned 18. That was enough to throw me off forever.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:03 PM

It’s kinda like the gun debate. There are useless people everywhere. But why punish everyone when there are just a few problem people.

To legalize to keep one of young people’s hands is just stupid. Hasn’t ever worked for alcohol so why would it work now. Most of us have had alcohol tickets when we were younger and partying. Couldn’t imagine having a beer could ruin your criminal record for the rest of your life.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:49 AM

My thoughts on dope have not changed since legalizing pot. My life still does not suck, so there for I do not need to escape it with drugs of any type. Once I feel the need for marijuana I will either be terminally sick or not be happy with my lot in life. So far my life has been awesome and I hope it stays that way. Dogfish
Old 02-16-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGFISH View Post
My thoughts on dope have not changed since legalizing pot. My life still does not suck, so there for I do not need to escape it with drugs of any type. Once I feel the need for marijuana I will either be terminally sick or not be happy with my lot in life. So far my life has been awesome and I hope it stays that way. Dogfish
So you are under the impression that everyone that imbibes has a crappy life?

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-16-2020, 11:26 AM

Man, I know doctors, lawyers every other kind of person. It's got nothing to do with that so out of touch. Keep drinking your alcohol. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
So you are under the impression that everyone that imbibes has a crappy life?
Prove me wrong if you like???
Old 02-16-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Prove me wrong if you like???
Do you drink?

A simple yes or no will suffice.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Do you drink?

If I might?

I will occasionally drink, but not to get drunk.
A case of beer lasts me years. I have bottles of wine that have been stored for over 10 years.
I like the taste of some alcohols paired with food, which is really the only time I drink.

Do people smoke weed and inject/ingest/absorb because they like the taste, or to get an artificial high?

Old 02-16-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
My thoughts on dope have not changed since legalizing pot. My life still does not suck, so there for I
do not need to escape it with drugs of any type. Once I feel the need for marijuana I will either
be terminally sick or not be happy with my lot in life. So far my life has been awesome and I hope
it stays that way. Dogfish
Everybody has their chosen poison..what's yours Dogfish?
Mines sugar.. eating a reese cup as I type..
Old 02-16-2020, 04:19 PM

I really haven't noticed any change, the few smokers I know don't smoke anymore or any less no clouds of smoke or annoying smells BTW only about 10% of pot smells like skunk.

It's going to take a few years for the redneck to wear off.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:35 PM
Banned

The sanctimonious drivel on this forum doesn't ever seize to amaze me! Especially since it's spewed by the same holier-than-thou individuals. Good for a laugh if anything...
Old 02-16-2020, 05:55 PM

Pot was legalized for taxes , votes and help organized crime get there foot in the door to gets licenses for gov't grow opps.

As long as you don't go to work stoned or drunk or drive impaired I really don't care if you hump sheep in your shed.

It's your life so do as you please and it's nobodies dam business what another does unless it affects you directly in your every day life. If your looking for a perfect world then you better sit down and light up.

So go get high or drunk, buy yourself a good set of high rubber boots for the shed and mind your own business .

Most smokers are to busy with life to worry about others and if you like to have a drink in moderation all the power to you.

And if you enjoy life high on yourself it's all cool, it's your trip so ride on and enjoy it.

JD
Old 02-16-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Pot was legalized for taxes , votes and help organized crime get there foot in the door to gets licenses for gov't grow opps.

As long as you don't go to work stoned or drunk or drive impaired I really don't care if you hump sheep in your shed.

It's your life so do as you please and it's nobodies dam business what another does unless it affects you directly in your every day life. If your looking for a perfect world then you better sit down and light up.

So go get high or drunk, buy yourself a good set of high rubber boots for the shed and mind your own business .

Most smokers are to busy with life to worry about others and if you like to have a drink in moderation all the power to you.

And if you enjoy life high on yourself it's all cool, it's your trip so ride on and enjoy it.

JD
Bahahaha I totally agree with this and the shed thing cracked me up... lol
Old 02-16-2020, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post

JD
Mommy, what does hump sheep in yer shed mean
Old 02-16-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
If I might?

I will occasionally drink, but not to get drunk.
A case of beer lasts me years. I have bottles of wine that have been stored for over 10 years.
I like the taste of some alcohols paired with food, which is really the only time I drink.

Do people smoke weed and inject/ingest/absorb because they like the taste, or to get an artificial high?
I dont do cocaine but I do enjoy the smell of it from time to time. That's no different than having a few drinks here and there or toke once in a while. Everyone has their vices. None are better or worse than the other when you get right down to it. They're all like people everyone is different. Just curious Ken07AOVette as I'm new here. What's your thoughts on the war on drugs? I personally think it has failed and everything should be legalized. Education not incarceration is the answer. If we invest in social programs to fight addiction and to educate the general public then I think we will start to win the war on drugs. The system has failed it's time for a new approach.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Everybody has their chosen poison..what's yours Dogfish?
Mines sugar.. eating a reese cup as I type..
Fishing
Old 02-17-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Do you drink?

Maybe
Old 02-17-2020, 09:08 AM

"Why legal pot was actually pushed through"

All I have to say is just because a government decides its okay doesn't mean it is. Take vaping for example. Drugs are not for me and especially for the youth. If you are 30 years old and want to participate oh well. If you are 16 and your brain is still developing it's a total different situation. North Americans are too easy on drugs and alcohol. Our governments make decisions for votes and money, end off story. They are not noted for using our tax dollars with integrity. Dogfish
Old 02-17-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
The sanctimonious drivel on this forum doesn't ever seize to amaze me! Especially since it's spewed by the same holier-than-thou individuals. Good for a laugh if anything...
Any thread started by Ken regarding pot is always this way. I come to read the comments and laugh as well. It's funny seeing all the sky is falling and tin foil hat comments. Reefer madness is alive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2020, 11:40 AM

Watch this movie from the 30s. If you believe what they were telling us then there'd be no hope LOL.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrySanky View Post
I dont do cocaine but I do enjoy the smell of it from time to time. That's no different than having a few drinks here and there or toke once in a while. Everyone has their vices. None are better or worse than the other when you get right down to it. They're all like people everyone is different. Just curious Ken07AOVette as I'm new here. What's your thoughts on the war on drugs? I personally think it has failed and everything should be legalized. Education not incarceration is the answer. If we invest in social programs to fight addiction and to educate the general public then I think we will start to win the war on drugs. The system has failed it's time for a new approach.
Yeah you are new here, your new name is anyway.

Old 02-17-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post

So true! Your wrong, they are right no matter what! I get such a kick out of reading what they post! Cheap entertainment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk