Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2019, 09:19 PM

How many non believers believe in god? None of you?
Old 07-21-2019, 09:28 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Credible by whose standards, the believers? Why are the tracks "convincing" because you know a true Bigfoot track when you see one. Perhaps you're just easily convinced.... read gullible.
Maybe. But I didn't say I was convinced, did I?

Just some rudimentary knowledge of how difficult it would be to fake believable prints, and what a real print would look like vs. a poorly executed fake.

Quote:
"handed down as factual". Really? Factual you say do tell how you know its factual.
You quoted me, and I said it was presented as; not that it was.

Reading comprehension is tough eh?

Quote:
"You'd accept less evidence that Trump is guilty of something, so why not this?" Don't presume to know what I'd accept as evidence, you really have no clue, just like when you speak on this topic. I do know what I refuse to accept, the crap you're putting out and calling it "factual"

Seriously, this link is what you came up with? It's 9 years old and they say it could be an orangutan. You did read it before you linked it didn't you? Soooo..it's now nine years later, what was the final determination....let me guess.
I read related to. Did you read something different?

Quote:
Sweet, when you've got nothin, which you've indicated time and again you use humor to defect from your massive short comings in your "evidence"

Did you participate in this thread to argue and beech or to add something constructive and provide proof? Because if it's the latter you've failed miserably. Maybe add some more emojis next message, their the highest form of response you've come up with so far.
I participated because it's interesting, and to explore possibilities. Somehow it's escaped you, that this is a conversation precisely because there isn't proof. Book reports suck for you, eh lil' fella?

I might even include some cartoons since it seems to captivate your attention.

Or you could just go to bed, and get rested for your big day; since it's apparent that you're either unwilling or unable to add value.

Sad attempts at ridiculing other posters isn't adding value, either. No wonder all the old timers quit, and no one posts hunts anymore.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-21-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Do you have proof of this? You seem to have a deep knowledge of the situation because you used the term "a heck of a lot".

Or perhaps you say this with no proof and just pull it out of your arse just like everything else that you've come up with.

You should really mind your manners and not slander people in a public forum.
It's no secret; he talks about the stuff he's done. Very open about it actually, so it doesn't meet the definition of slander. And it's pretty apparent on some videos that they *may* be drinking and you can hear him draw on something, hold it and then smoke rolls across the screen.

I swear everything is arcane knowledge with some of you guys..

He actually says: "Why wouldn't you be high? It's Seattle!" Or something to that effect.

Comments below, were pretty funny. Guess I wasn't the only one that noticed, it wasn't his finest show.

Pureblood!

Last edited by Tactical Lever; 07-21-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
I smelled something about 20 years ago when walking some timber that made me stop on a dime,i stood there and there was this black bear which about was 20 feet from me and did he stink.

I did a circle and around him and walked right up on dead rotten carcuss of a moose he drug up from a river.The moose fell through the river on the ice and snow and ice covered it then came spring and bears nose picked up the smell.

Brown bears and black bears or grizz can really stink so the smell I can see why they say they stink over mistaken identity of what they thought they seen.
You've mentioned mistaken identity, and that's a possibility, but then you second guessed yourself, or got a better look. You didn't immediately report it as you initially thought. What makes you think that is the case with everyone?

What do you think of the people that have detailed sightings that preclude bears, and the like, and they aren't in it for the attention?

Pureblood!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
You've mentioned mistaken identity, and that's a possibility, but then you second guessed yourself, or got a better look. You didn't immediately report it as you initially thought. What makes you think that is the case with everyone?

What do you think of the people that have detailed sightings that preclude bears, and the like, and they aren't in it for the attention?
You want to go down that trail I suggest you go pack a lunch and start looking for what you think is out there .I just suggested how things can be mistaken for something else.

As for those that swear by it I am not calling them liar's,i just need proof of what they seen.

No doubt over that last million years maybe something did walk around like this sasquatch ,but so far nothing concrete has popped up.

Everyone is allowed there opinion so it's just another topic to kill time.

A women claimed to have had sex with aliens,hell maybe she did along with many other stories that come out.Is she a liar or did it really happen,there maybe aliens from some other planet on AO and that I believe the most.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:18 PM

What a bunch of garbage, so many waste their time with such a myth!! 216 posts, what a joke!!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
All the "religions" on Earth want us to believe in something we can't see..many Wars have been fought on imaginary beliefs..even to this day
Your point being what exactly? Fighting wars make imaginary beliefs legitimate?

And for those that choose to worship at the alter of Bigfoot, maybe it's good enough for them, it just don't fly with me.

Imaginary beliefs and faith have no place in the scientific world.

If you want to sail to Fantasy Island then everything is on the table. Unicorns, leprechauns, flying pigs and the Oilers winning the Stanley cup in the next decade.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Tactical Lever;4004370]
Quote:

Maybe. But I didn't say I was convinced, did I?

Just some rudimentary knowledge of how difficult it would be to fake believable prints, and what a real print would look like vs. a poorly executed fake.

You quoted me, and I said it was presented as; not that it was.

Reading comprehension is tough eh?

I read related to. Did you read something different?

I participated because it's interesting, and to explore possibilities. Somehow it's escaped you, that this is a conversation precisely because there isn't proof. Book reports suck for you, eh lil' fella?

I might even include some cartoons since it seems to captivate your attention.

Or you could just go to bed, and get rested for your big day; since it's apparent that you're either unwilling or unable to add value.

Sad attempts at ridiculing other posters isn't adding value, either. No wonder all the old timers quit, and no one posts hunts anymore.
Just as I thought, you've got absolutely nothing so post drivel instead.

I guess asking posters to provide proof to support their claims doesn't add value in your eyes, but it certainly gets them stirred enough to start throwing insults when they're backed into a corner doesn't it?

I know it's a stretch but please try and raise the level of your posts beyond confrontation for the sake of confrontation . Please do add some cartoons, I'm sure you watch them daily and believe everything you see.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:03 PM

I don’t believe in Bigfoot.
It doesn’t seem possible for a breeding population to hide. Tracking dogs should find them. Trail cams. Spotting scopes and telephoto lens cameras
You can’t hide from that.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just watched it, and that was kind of a sad performance. I think both of them were HAF. That and Joe's obvious inexperience with the natural world, and his half assed truth finding quest really brought it down. Both of them seriously never saw bears walk and stand on their hind legs... And Joe seemed to think that people still catch bears with leg holds, or they get caught by wolf traps(!), and just walk bipedal everywhere. I like Joe, but that was dumb. That would be a little insulting to some people that actually know what they saw wasn't a bear.

So he believed, consorted with some yahoos (not of the BF) type and then got convinced by them, that he was wrong. Then he totally contradicts himself by saying that they were absolutely 100% real, at one time. And that based on the same theory that many are operating on. Wow..Joe..

You want to know what’s really funny?

When they investigate all these guys who know what they saw, every single time they find hair at the scene it turns out to be bear!

I know you really want Bigfoot to exist, to the point all logic, facts, and common sense gets totally ignored because you’re so focused on wanting it to be true. It’s exactly what Joe was discribing.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:18 PM

Hunters always see one but never shoot one. Yet they shoot each other lol.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=YYC338;4004404]
Quote:

Just as I thought, you've got absolutely nothing so post drivel instead.

I guess asking posters to provide proof to support their claims doesn't add value in your eyes, but it certainly gets them stirred enough to start throwing insults when they're backed into a corner doesn't it?

I know it's a stretch but please try and raise the level of your posts beyond confrontation for the sake of confrontation . Please do add some cartoons, I'm sure you watch them daily and believe everything you see.
Ya, sure. That's the tone of your whole posting here. You didn't post anything but crap calling everyone down.

And then when you get it back a little you don't like it.

It was a good conversation til you jumped in.

Pureblood!
Old 07-22-2019, 05:47 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
How many non believers believe in god? None of you?
Get a group of people and they will follow whatever they believe....samsquench or God or gods....whatever floats your boat....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
C'mon, there's "compelling" evidence everywhere. Didn't you watch Finding Bigfoot on the animal planet channel?

They take every buba's eyewitness "testimony" as compelling and credible evidence and use that as well as every sound they hear in the bush as proof of Bigfoot's existence.

They've confirmed Bigfoot's in most of the lower 48. Now they my set the proof bar a little low for some folks, but there's no doubt.......IT'S ALIVE!
Yeah, I watch Hunting Bigfoot all the time - when I have nothing to do.

I always "believed in" Bigfoot up until a couple of years ago, and I'm kinda disappointed to realize it probably doesn't exist.

But I still "believe in" the Loch Ness Monster. I guess time will tell.
The main page of that site is real long, but the posts are interesting reading.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
You want to go down that trail I suggest you go pack a lunch and start looking for what you think is out there .I just suggested how things can be mistaken for something else.

As for those that swear by it I am not calling them liar's,i just need proof of what they seen.

No doubt over that last million years maybe something did walk around like this sasquatch ,but so far nothing concrete has popped up.

Everyone is allowed there opinion so it's just another topic to kill time.

A women claimed to have had sex with aliens,hell maybe she did along with many other stories that come out.Is she a liar or did it really happen,there maybe aliens from some other planet on AO and that I believe the most.
I know what you are saying; not trying to sound argumentative, though it seems like some would like to push it that way.

I'm highly skeptical of the vast majority of sightings. Most of the time it's bears, or people want to make up a story.

I just leave a little room for a few encounters; where I say: "well maybe...". I don't ever expect to see one, or have it proved that they exist. And I don't bother looking. I don't really need to outline weird stuff that I may have experienced. Too easy to explain away, but definitely out of the ordinary.

I think the stupid Bigfoot show with the (BFO?) team of cameras and lights, and some of the websites that legitimate information might be posted on do a big disservice to critical searching.

14 000 species discovered yearly; a lot of that taxonomic errors/reclassifications, and looking at older fossils. Of the new, new discoveries, a lot of invertebrates, and a lot of ocean critters.

Pureblood!
Old 07-22-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
Yeah, I watch Hunting Bigfoot all the time - when I have nothing to do.

I always "believed in" Bigfoot up until a couple of years ago, and I'm kinda disappointed to realize it probably doesn't exist.

But I still "believe in" the Loch Ness Monster. I guess time will tell.
The main page of that site is real long, but the posts are interesting reading.
I'm kind of the opposite. I believed that the Loch Ness could have contained a throw back, long thought extinct, as it's a big deep body of water, with extremely low visibility. But a lot went into looking with better tech, and the footage and pictures ultimately proved easy to fake, with not a lot of compelling sightings.

And with Bigfoot; I didn't believe. I figured exactly the way everyone does, that someone out there would have killed or caught one. But there is enough lore stretching across continents, and a few accounts that make me question that position again.

Pureblood!
Old 07-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Banned

Why wasn’t there a search party set out immediately after the Slave lake sighting? Or any sighting for that matter? Put a pack of hounds out there immediately after and track that sucker down. And if I had a gun in my hand I wouldn’t leave without proof.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Why wasn’t there a search party set out immediately after the Slave lake sighting? Or any sighting for that matter? Put a pack of hounds out there immediately after and track that sucker down. And if I had a gun in my hand I wouldn’t leave without proof.
Exactly Kurt
Old 07-22-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Why do you care so much? Let people believe what they want. You aren't going to change their minds so leave them be.
There is zero evidence that they exist but if people want to believe and it doesn't harm you, then I say let them.
It is no different than God, aliens or anything else that people have no concrete evidence of. If people choose to believe AND it doesn't harm anyone, then let them.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Why do you care so much? Let people believe what they want. You aren't going to change their minds so leave them be.
There is zero evidence that they exist but if people want to believe and it doesn't harm you, then I say let them.
It is no different than God, aliens or anything else that people have no concrete evidence of. If people choose to believe AND it doesn't hard anyone, then let them.
Ok.

I’m just gonna say someone missed out on a jackpot. Easier than hitting 649

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kdvr.co...f-bigfoot/amp/

Last edited by Kurt505; 07-22-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Ok.

I’m just gonna say someone missed out on a jackpot. Easier than hitting 649

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kdvr.co...f-bigfoot/amp/
Unfortunately it expired in Dec 2017 by the looks of it! Assuming there could be a liability issue at play as some poor hairy hunter/bush man is going to get shot if he steps out without his shirt on. For the record I highly doubt they exist but it is always fun to believe the what if.
Wonder if you shot one, could you be charged with poaching and end up losing it to fish and wildlife?
Old 07-22-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Hopefully you didn't buy their stock:
https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BGFT:US
Old 07-22-2019, 01:39 PM

You think those Sasquatches are bad, you should see the damn leprechauns around here.

Every morning my bottle of Jameson’s is an inch lower than it was the night before, they sneak in and drink it. One morning it was three inches lower, that was the time I saw the little bugger! You can say what you want, but I know what I saw!

At least they scare the unicorns away, so I really can’t get too mad at them.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
You think those Sasquatches are bad, you should see the damn leprechauns around here.
What about the Martians and Reptoids and Grays.....Oh My!!

Theeey're heeeer!!
Old 07-22-2019, 01:59 PM

Had a funny thought, satire.... what if everyone is looking in the wrong direction in trying to find evidence of bigfoot. Everyone is looking down to the earth for footprints. Maybe everyone should be looking up instead. Their are several species of primates and apes that are tree dwellers. Some rarely come down to the ground. While old Les Stroud and all the other's are looking for footprints on the ground the 'squatches' are chuckling in their nests 80 feet up in the trees. Even 350 lb. western gorillas build nests high up in the forest canopy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apes.jpg (137.9 KB, 59 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 07-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Tactical Lever;4004439]
Quote:

You didn't post anything but crap calling everyone down.
Everything I posted on this thread (until you came along with your sarcasm) was in regards to asking people to back up their claims and statements with actual proof.

Didn't call anyone down and if folks get a little pizzy when they can't support their claims and get backed into a corner, that's on them.

If you're going to start stating "facts", be prepared to support it or don't make the claim. Wishes and sayz so's don't make the cut.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Had a funny thought, satire.... what if everyone is looking in the wrong direction in trying to find evidence of bigfoot. Everyone is looking down to the earth for footprints. Maybe everyone should be looking up instead. Their are several species of primates and apes that are tree dwellers. Some rarely come down to the ground. While old Les Stroud and all the other's are looking for footprints on the ground the 'squatches' are chuckling in their nests 80 feet up in the trees. Even 350 lb. western gorillas build nests high up in the forest canopy.

Oh great. It wasn't enough to have them beaning us with boulders while we're out for a nice stroll through the forest, or waking us up with their hideous screams during the night. Now we have to fear getting walloped with 20 pound turds from the tops of tall spruce trees. When will this madness end?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:34 AM

Great story, can’t wait till someone gets a real picture of one!
Old 07-24-2019, 12:23 PM
Banned

Default Actual footage of Sasquatch

Should look like this

https://edmontonsun.com/news/world/t...c-7504b97e65e3

If they can get footage of humans who don’t want to be contacted in the South American jungle, then surely they can get some better footage of Bigfoot.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Actually, there isn't. Not a shred of it from any credible source.
How do you decide what a credible source is? Probably not by watching some of the foolish TV shows.

You probably believe that there was a Ragnar Lothbrock, because that is what you were told, by TV, but there is scant evidence he existed. More evidence existed for St. Nicholaus, yet you didn't believe that he was a real person...

Here's a list of tribes that describe a similar animal. Described as a real forest creature, not ghost or surpernatural legend.

Ba'wis (Tsimshian Indian Bigfoot)
Boqs (Bella Coola Bigfoot)
Bush Indians (Alaskan Athabaskan Bigfoot)
Chiye-Tanka (Sioux Indian Bigfoot)
Choanito/Night People (Wenatchi Indian Bigfoot)
Hairy Man (Yokuts Indian Bigfoot)
Kohuneje (Maidu Indian Bigfoot)
Lariyin (Dogrib Indian Bigfoot)
Lofa (Chickasaw Indian Bigfoot)
Matah Kagmi (Modoc Indian Bigfoot)
Maxemista (Cheyenne Indian Bigfoot)
Na'in (Gwich'in Indian Bigfoot)
Nakani (Dene Indian Bigfoot)
Nant'ina (Tanaina Indian Bigfoot)
Nik'inla'eena' (Koyukon Indian Bigfoot)
Omah (Hupa Indian Bigfoot)
Sasquatch (Coast Salish Indian Bigfoot)
Seeahtlk (Clallam Indian Bigfoot)
Shampe (Choctaw Indian Bigfoot)
Siatco (Chehalis Indian Bigfoot)
Skookum (Chinook Indian Bigfoot)
Ste-ye-hah'mah (Yakama Indian Bigfoot)
Stick Indians (Northwest Coast Bigfeet)
The Woodsman (Athabaskan Indian Bigfoot)

Along with stories and sightings of something from other cultures in different countries, we also have individual sightings. While I can't consider 100 percent of them credible, neither can I consider 100 percent of them incredible.

So that leaves room for doubt in my mind.

Pureblood!