Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
So out of curiosity, just what are these thieves doing with all these stolen exhausts? Can't imagine there is much of a market for one that was hacked out with a reciprocating saw. If they are selling them for the metal value, who is the skell metal shop buying what are obviously stolen goods? You would think that would be a pretty easy target for the Cops to shut down.
The metals inside are worth money. It's a criminal organization that does this. They have a place where they can unload the stolen goods for a reduced rate. Metal can't be traced. Some recycler is involved or its employees. They make off the metal at full market value. It happens much more than what you would think. They will travel and hit certain areas then move on .

They stole exhausts off a couple trucks in a fenced locked compound where I work. The thieves are pretty brazen . They steal stuff just to steal sometimes. Stole a brand new Superduty from inside the shop at night. Drove it to another dealer left it there and stole another truck from the locked shop. These are video equipped with monitor systems that police are alerted to as soon as they go off. They don't care . These guys are career criminals.

Probably just a diversion to steal that truck to have police occupied so they could go after what they really wanted.

Last edited by hogie; 07-20-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
The metals inside are worth money. It's a criminal organization that does this. They have a place where they can unload the stolen goods for a reduced rate. Metal can't be traced. Some recycler is involved or its employees. They make off the metal at full market value. It happens much more than what you would think. They will travel and hit certain areas then move on .

They stole exhausts off a couple trucks in a fenced locked compound where I work. The thieves are pretty brazen . They steal stuff just to steal sometimes. Stole a brand new Superduty from inside the shop at night. Drove it to another dealer left it there and stole another truck from the locked shop. These are video equipped with monitor systems that police are alerted to as soon as they go off. They don't care . These guys are career criminals.

Probably just a diversion to steal that truck to have police occupied so they could go after what they really wanted.
People just need to $@#% shovel and shut the hell up
Old 07-20-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
The EPS sent out a video expert to look at our security footage when our newspaper was stolen about a month ago.
Go figure...
No wonder they didn’t have time to respond to the op, they were over at you house doing an investigation on your $.99 newspaper.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:46 PM

Default Rcmp

RCMP don't give a rat's ass about your vehicle theft or anything to do with theft.
Last August first we had our truck, trailer and Side-by-side stolen in Airdrie.
The RCMP showed up and gave us lip service, because the theft was in progress.
We spent three days filling out paper work.
Their ears perked up when I mentioned there were a couple of firearms and several hundred rounds of ammunition.
The trailer and side-by-side was found through Social Media.
Truck is still MIA.
Never heard anything from Airdrie RCMP.
Go on to Alberta Stolen Vehicle website and see what is happening.
I was told that the only person they can charge is the guy behind the wheel. Unfortunately Alberta practices "Catch & Release".
I am like many others, I have a solution.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator john View Post
RCMP don't give a rat's ass about your vehicle theft or anything to do with theft.
Last August first we had our truck, trailer and Side-by-side stolen in Airdrie.
The RCMP showed up and gave us lip service, because the theft was in progress.
We spent three days filling out paper work.
Their ears perked up when I mentioned there were a couple of firearms and several hundred rounds of ammunition.
The trailer and side-by-side was found through Social Media.
Truck is still MIA.
Never heard anything from Airdrie RCMP.
Go on to Alberta Stolen Vehicle website and see what is happening.
I was told that the only person they can charge is the guy behind the wheel. Unfortunately Alberta practices "Catch & Release".
I am like many others, I have a solution.
Just heard the news, a local scumbag I know personally was released for the third time with a "Promise to Appear".

Grizz
Old 07-22-2019, 08:10 AM

$10,000, mine was stolen in a hotel parking lot in Medicine Hat. It also took 6 weeks to repair.