Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 12:50 PM

Default Manitoba Red River Cats

This is something I'd highly reccommend to all fisherman looking for a world class drive to inexpensive fishery. Manitoba Red River Cats at Selkirk, MB. What an incredible morning!! Boated over 22 of these beasts with no less than 8 qualifying for MB Master Angler Awards. Our best was a double header with my gf's fish measuring 36.25" long and mine measuring 38.5", the longest to date of this season boated in our guides personal boat and ranking #56 both on the Red River and overall for all MB waters in the MB Master Angler database.
Check out the guides services on his FB page Blackwater Cats Outfitter. It's a first class run operation and they definitely work hard to put you on fish and keep you on fish the entire time.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:50 PM

Heard from many it’s a definite “ must do !”
Old 07-19-2019, 02:26 PM

Wpg was home, brings back lots of great memories fishin Cat's on the Red down from Lockport ... did you at least try a footlong at Skinners ?

Wonder if the corner gas Stn on Main st (Hwy 9 & Hwy 44) still has the sigh out front that says ...... What did the fish say when it ran into the wall .... Dam!

Tks for sharing the pic's.

David

Old 07-19-2019, 02:37 PM

Also grew up in the Peg and fish the red Lots ,last summer I hired Blackwater cats and had the trip of a lifetime more cats than I could handle in a day highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2019, 02:42 PM

Made that trip a few times and definitely some nice Channel cats. Stayed at Stu’s place, Cats on the Red, good location but heard not the greatest any longer.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Wpg was home, brings back lots of great memories fishin Cat's on the Red down from Lockport ... did you at least try a footlong at Skinners ?

Wonder if the corner gas Stn on Main st (Hwy 9 & Hwy 44) still has the sigh out front that says ...... What did the fish say when it ran into the wall .... Dam!

Tks for sharing the pic's.

David
We tried half moon this time. Next time we'll hit skinners. Heard it's pretty good.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Also grew up in the Peg and fish the red Lots ,last summer I hired Blackwater cats and had the trip of a lifetime more cats than I could handle in a day highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
They definitely know their quarry!