Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
We may have to lighten up about pointing stuff like that out, it seems to be triggering to some Oilers' fans and next thing they are talking about Dynasties and how the 84-85 Oilers were the best team EVER!!! Sure, it was like 34 years ago, but we can't ever forget it happened...
Is this the Flames 30 year anniversary of winning their only cup? Wouldn't that be so special if they could win it this year. 1 cup every 30 years I guess will be above average odds with 31 teams in the league. Good job Calgary, I mean if you win the cup, but if not you suck like all the other 30 losers
Old 01-21-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Is this the Flames 30 year anniversary of winning their only cup? Wouldn't that be so special if they could win it this year. 1 cup every 30 years I guess will be above average odds with 31 teams in the league. Good job Calgary, I mean if you win the cup, but if not you suck like all the other 30 losers
Not really, win or not, the point is to entertain. The Flames are entertaining. Are you enjoying watching the Oilers right now, really entertaining?
Old 01-21-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I really do understand how unhappy you must be as an oilers' fan watching that Clown Car show....but the knee jerk reaction to regress back to childhood heroes, while tearing down the Enemy aka Flames is kinda sad. I like watching good hockey, and it certainly has been a good year for Flames fans to enjoy a quality product on the ice.

You can keep being triggered and bringing up ancient history if you'd like though. It's all you've got this year, and for the foreseeable future. At least they have a nice Arena that the Taxpayer is on the hook for.

It's an interesting philosophy you have there that only the team that wins the Cup is good, and ALL the other teams in the entire league suck. I guess that means the Oilers have lots of company, as only one team is good, and the rest 'suck' like the oilers? Of course we know it doesn't work like that, contrary to the 'if you're not first you're last' Ricky Bobby... there are degrees of suck, and it seems like they are all being explored for the rebuild.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 01-21-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
We may have to lighten up about pointing stuff like that out, it seems to be triggering to some Oilers' fans and next thing they are talking about Dynasties and how the 84-85 Oilers were the best team EVER!!! Sure, it was like 34 years ago, but we can't ever forget it happened...
I don't watch much hockey any more so I had to do a search online for this tidbit. The Flames had their moment in the sun 30 yrs ago as well with one Stanley cup in the history of the franchise. Obviously dominating the NHL
Where as the "Soilers" have only won the cup 5 times?

Again I have no skin in the game so I don't really care but I do think the whole piszing match between two groups of fans and armchair coaches is quite entertaining

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-21-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:32 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20iio0wLpPA

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-21-2019, 02:52 PM

The simple fact is that the Flames fans are celebrating what their team is accomplishing this year, as opposed to the Oilers fans that have had nothing to celebrate in the last decade. It's sad when a team has to celebrate what happened 30 years ago, because they haven't accomplished anything since, and are likely going to miss the playoffs yet again.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Was our practice cancelled today so they could have a come to McJesus moment? BD, your just trolling here because you have nothing to add. Go take care of your Alberta embarrassment. I am proud of this province and that so called organization is making us look bad. Perhaps a "Blu/Orange" jacket thing will help. Do some fundraising, have a convoy of empty bandwagons in front on the stadium.. I don't know, just do something. I don't know what stinks worse, the Oilers as whole or the Gov running the province.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:45 PM

Went to the Detroit game on Friday. Neal is a good player. Too bad about your fantasy pool's.

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Old 01-21-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Was our practice cancelled today so they could have a come to McJesus moment? BD, your just trolling here because you have nothing to add. Go take care of your Alberta embarrassment. I am proud of this province and that so called organization is making us look bad. Perhaps a "Blu/Orange" jacket thing will help. Do some fundraising, have a convoy of empty bandwagons in front on the stadium.. I don't know, just do something. I don't know what stinks worse, the Oilers as whole or the Gov running the province.
Really????? Have you visited yourself on the Oiler's thread lately? I am actually suspecting you are the sober personality of Dead Moose.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:10 PM

You were really doing so good being a hockey fan for quite a while there BD.....sad to see it coming back to this. The stress of being an Oilers fan is a heavy burden to bear.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:17 PM

Come cheer for the Flames....
Old 01-21-2019, 05:31 PM

You guys are funny... you can sling all the mud you want on the Oilers thread but don't anyone dare disturb 1 spec of dust on the Flames thread.

You are all acting like Johnny when he gets a penalty. A whole lot of wah, wah, wah.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
You guys are funny... you can sling all the mud you want on the Oilers thread but don't anyone dare disturb 1 spec of dust on the Flames thread.

You are all acting like Johnny when he gets a penalty. A whole lot of wah, wah, wah.

See and that right there is why nobody likes you.

The Oilers Hurt Butt is strong in this one...

Old 01-21-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
See and that right there is why nobody likes you.

The Oilers Hurt Butt is strong in this one...
Losing year after year after year , makes some people sensitive.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Losing year after year after year , makes some people sensitive.
It certainly seems to be a trigger. There seems to be a vast difference between a hockey fan, and an Oilers fan.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Banned

Owner Daryl Katz takes over the Oilers in July of 2008.
IN THE 10 YEARS SINCE
COACHES (8)
Ken Hitchcock 2018-19
Todd McLellan: 2015-16 to 2018-19
Todd Nelson: 2014-15
Dallas Eakins: 2013-14 to 2014-15
Ralph Krueger: 2012-13
Tom Renney: 2010-11 to 2011-12
Pat Quinn: 2009-10
Craig MacTavish: 2008-09

GENERAL MANAGERS (3)
Peter Chiarelli: 2015 – today
Craig MacTavish: 2013 to 2015
Steve Tambellini: 2008 to 2013

LOTTERY WINS: (4)
Taylor Hall in 2010, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in 2011, Nail Yakupov in 2012, Connor McDavid in 2015.

TOP 10 DRAFT PICKS: (8)
Magnus Paajarvi (10th in 2009), Taylor Hall (1st in 2010), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (1st in 2011), Nail Yakupov (1st in 2012), Darnell Nurse (7th in 2013), Leon Draisaitl (3rd in 2014), Connor McDavid (1st in 2015), Jesse Puljujarvi (4th in 2016).

PLAYOFF APPEARANCES: (1)

STANDINGS
21st in 2009
30th in 2010
30th in 2011
29th in 2012
24th in 2013
28th in 2014
28th in 2015
29th in 2016
8th in 2017
23rd in 2018

26th (currently)

You would think the Butt hurt would quit hurting. Eventually you would think they would get used to it... Now I am wondering if they enjoy it?
Old 01-21-2019, 06:02 PM

I like BD, hes just angry and frustrated like all the Oilers fans. Its best not to kick them too much while theyre down, but it is just too much fun.

I have no idea what the solution for the Oilers is. To me, it looks like they will be screwed for years. McDavid isnt going to be the saviour, he cant do it alone. Theres a reason why this is a team game and not individual.

They had a team meeting, what came out of it? 2 bums put on waivers, another sent to the minors. And Koskinen gets an extension (which i think is a good thing for you guys).
Old 01-21-2019, 06:05 PM

Even Wayne and Mark think it's a joke....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2rpl8o.jpg (69.8 KB, 34 views)

Old 01-21-2019, 06:38 PM

Man not even trying stir things up in the Oil thread and they are all worked up. Must be stressed wonder why..

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
If we forget it you are doomed to repeat it.

Hard to forget the 80's.

Errr aaah wait a minute.....

But yes, Oilers fans will have the last laugh.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:54 PM

Nice to see the Sharks get totally crushed by Florida today.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Nice to see the Sharks get totally crushed by Florida today.
I seen that, Whooo perfect...
Old 01-21-2019, 08:06 PM

And Vegas lost too, for that matter.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:11 PM

This whole My dad can beat up your dad shtick is hilariously juvenile, yet oddly par for the course on AO for the most part ... carry on
Old 01-21-2019, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
This whole My dad can beat up your dad shtick is hilariously juvenile, yet oddly par for the course on AO for the most part ... carry on
Who invited this guy in? And for the record, its not about who is better. Its about the fact the Oilers have a SHYT show going on right now and to a person we all would like to see it get better. The BOA is no fun with the difference between these 2 teams.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Who invited this guy in? And for the record, its not about who is better. Its about the fact the Oilers have a SHYT show going on right now and to a person we all would like to see it get better. The BOA is no fun with the difference between these 2 teams.

Meh who invited you ? As far as I know ,I can comment on any thread I like as long as I am civil. I've read a bunch of your comments , generally rude and a bit mouthy I might add.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:50 PM

I've been critical of Johnny last couple years but this year he really looks like he gets it. Rough going in the first round might wither him some, we'll see. Going to the game tomorrow night, just see so much more live. They've been some entertaining most nights since the Pittsburgh shellacking. Go Flames!!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 01-21-2019, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Meh who invited you ? As far as I know ,I can comment on any thread I like as long as I am civil. I've read a bunch of your comments , generally rude and a bit mouthy I might add.
Your welcome to hit the ignore button... Especially if you cant read sarcasm. Kinda slow there my northern friend but thats to be expected.

As soon as you can add something intelligent to the conversation, I would be very happy to listen.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Your welcome to hit the ignore button... Especially if you cant read sarcasm. Kinda slow there my northern friend but thats to be expected.

As soon as you can add something intelligent to the conversation, I would be very happy to listen.
as are you sorry if I struck a nerve.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:02 PM

Actually not to brag or anything and not that it matters but my dad could most likely beat up anyone’s here.