Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-26-2012, 06:16 PM
AO Sponsor

Default DAO Definition Article

All this DAO talk for so long, and it dawned on me that many people don't have the first clue what a DAO entails. Here is an article about the ins and outs of a Delegated Authority, how it is supposed to function and what it entails.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.c...nistrative-law

Last edited by Marty S; 09-26-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM

Default Dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
All this DAO talk for so long, and it dawned on me that many people don't have the first clue what a DAO entails. Here is an article about the ins and outs of a Delegated Authority, how it is supposed to function and what it entails.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.c...nistrative-law
It would take a lot smarter people than me to figure it all out and administer it properly.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:57 PM
AO Sponsor

Me too!

But I think I'd rather have more authoritative decisions made by trappers than by non-trapping, non-stakeholder government officials, at least whenever enabled or authorized to. The flip-side would be to rely on govt officials for everything instead of being granted a certain amount of authority.

Currently the trappers have no authority, therefore in my books, any authority that the trapper is given is better than no authority.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Me too!

But I think I'd rather have more authoritative decisions made by trappers than by non-trapping, non-stakeholder government officials, at least whenever enabled or authorized to. The flip-side would be to rely on govt officials for everything instead of being granted a certain amount of authority.

Currently the trappers have no authority, therefore in my books, any authority that the trapper is given is better than no authority.
Well said Marty!!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Banned

Both the Northern Trapper and Marty mentioned TWO KEY WORDS in their statements. The words - ADMINISTER and AUTHORITY. Now anyone who has seen what has happened the last while and are not looking thru rose colored glasses, handed out by individuals, should be able to read between the lines.

The Gov't, as much as I don't want to see them make all the decisions, have been willing to talk back when. Of late, they have been getting tired of having to listen to what they were being fed at these "DOA", love ins..
I do not think the sky is falling, even though there are those who would say it is. There are still level headed politicians on our side.

The words Admin and Auth., scare hell out of me when I see who would be doing just that.
History does repeat itself...

As for the Bobbleheads who want to jump all over me, have at "er. There are a lot of trapppers out there who think as I, but would rather trap than get embroiled in the ATA politics. I only say this becuz, I still care, to many others do not anymore and say nothing...This is so SAD....

I'm packed now and headed for the line, so let's see what transpires...in the mean time..
Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 PM

Default Dao

WELL SAID !!!!

Gabby.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:03 PM

Doug if you cared you'd get involved. Just saying. Plus you're slandering the exec by implication. Got something to say?

To the rest of you lets take control of our future rather than depending on others.