Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2020, 03:18 PM

All that media hype telling you only really one side. Media and news for the most part is for entertainment. You will not get the real story. Just watch some edited videos they show. People are getting sick and more cases coming up. So many thousands of cases total and the amount that have died. They are slowly letting us know how many have overcome and survived this virus. They are not to quick to say your survival rate is in the upper 98%.Depending on age and underlying health issues of course. They only put the ones on tv that had extreme cases and come through it. How about the others that tested positive and no real complications. NO I do not want to get in line for it but don't push me in a direction I don't want to go. You already tried voluntary forcible confinement, I have washed and used so much sanitizer crap on my hands I can see my grade 9 exam cheat answers on my hands. 50 years later LOL
Old 09-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Default no

no
Old 09-03-2020, 06:55 PM

No .
Old 09-03-2020, 06:58 PM

Nope. No reason to.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:51 PM

This thread is bait for conspiracy kooks.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Fact checking it appears that I was half wrong; thusly also half right. In full regard of available information I still won't rush out to get it. Or rush in, for that matter.

Long term effects still will not be addressed. Plenty of "perfectly safe" products have been pushed on the populace with disastrous consequence.
And we can agree. Animal trials are being done. As for any vaccine...the experts need to show they are safe for use. That will be done as nothing is being hidden. Therefore any problems will be exposed long before vaccine line up forms at the drug store.

There seems to be some shady paranoia that a vaccine will be pushed out and be dangerous. In 1918 maybe. In 2020 with on the online heros wanting to be the first to prove they know more than others will expose any flaws in the research and trials and results.

Remember...the studies...data...results are PUBLICLY available. So there can be no secrets.

Also remember there are many many successful vaccines that have saved millions of lives and with those comes loads of research, knowledge and experience.

I agree there are newer technologies being researched and those need the proper vetting which is happening.

For the most part the same research is happening. They are conducting some phases in parallel but the end result is the same work is getting done.

Those human volunteers in the phase 2 and 3 trials are heros.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-03-2020, 10:10 PM

I will not take any vaccine while the Lib government is in power....0
Old 09-03-2020, 10:37 PM

I have no underlying health conditions. Out of a population of well over 4 million, 6 people without underlying health conditions have succumbed to the vid. I like my chances

Fall in line!
Old 09-03-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I have no underlying health conditions. Out of a population of well over 4 million, 6 people without underlying health conditions have succumbed to the vid. I like my chances

Fall in line!
How about those people with underlying health conditions. A vaccine would be a godsend.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-03-2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
How about those people with underlying health conditions. A vaccine would be a godsend.
The original post asked who would take the vaccine (when developed). Some will, some won't. Kinda nice to have the freedoms to make that choice?
Old 09-03-2020, 11:51 PM

Some may have read the study results that showed the use of coticosteroids has had a positive impact on Covid 19 patient recovery. The results of the study have been published and this is a definite step in the right direction on the fight against this virus.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:30 AM

Default A very good read and sum up so much of the misinformation

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...d-19-1.5000965
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-04-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Also

There are people who physically are unable to take vaccine. They must rely on herd immunity to protect them.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Also

There are people who physically are unable to take vaccine. They must rely on herd immunity to protect them.
What percentage of the population is that?
Old 09-04-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
What percentage of the population is that?
That would depend on what the vaccine is based on. The flu vaccine for example is based from egg. Anyone who is allergic to eggs should not get the vaccine or at the very least should be closely monitored after getting one. I don't know the actual numbers.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 09-04-2020, 09:40 AM

No. Don't do normal flu shot, certainly won't do whu han flu shot
Old 09-04-2020, 09:46 AM

And lets remember if the COVID-19 shot is like the flu shot immunity is temporary.

I won't be taking version 1 either, I am old enough to remember tholidimide.

Anything that until recently needed years of testing to be deemed safe that now can be done in months one or more of these things are in play.

1. a legitamate paradime shift, the need push new tech over the edge. (hey I can be hopeful too)
2. The old system was needlessly complicated (this one is surly part of the reason)
3. Even if the old system was needlessly complicated some legitamate coners have been cut. There are billions if not more at stake for the company that produces the shot. If WE has taught us anything the wheels have already been greased you can never over estimate the impact of government's inherrant vunerability to corruption.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:07 AM

No way. They put brain dissolver in flu shots. Look around, you'll see what I mean.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
No way. They put brain dissolver in flu shots. Look around, you'll see what I mean.
That's true! I have been saying for a long time now that they have been putting stuff in the flu shots to make people vote Liberal/NDP.

For some, their ability to use reason and common sense is still strong enough to override it... For now...
Old 09-04-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
And lets remember if the COVID-19 shot is like the flu shot immunity is temporary.

I won't be taking version 1 either, I am old enough to remember tholidimide.

Anything that until recently needed years of testing to be deemed safe that now can be done in months one or more of these things are in play.

1. a legitamate paradime shift, the need push new tech over the edge. (hey I can be hopeful too)
2. The old system was needlessly complicated (this one is surly part of the reason)
3. Even if the old system was needlessly complicated some legitamate coners have been cut. There are billions if not more at stake for the company that produces the shot. If WE has taught us anything the wheels have already been greased you can never over estimate the impact of government's inherrant vunerability to corruption.
Strange post.

Firstly you are wrong. Current established understanding of the Covid19 virus is that the vaccine target receptor is not changing. Therefore a vaccine will work against any other strains.

Secondly. Thalidomide Is a drug. Not a vaccine. It’s use in pregnant women was terrible and yet the drug now has many valuable uses.

Thirdly...your three points were confusing. Fact is the data will all be made public. There can be no WE scandal because Trudeau can’t lie, hide or anything else he does.

But we digress. All these companies and all their data is getting reviewed by all other countries...all other companies...all other researchers, scientists, social justice warriors, paranoid delusionaries, charity groups, IRS, PBS, FOX, CNN....and everyone else. It’s an era of both cooperation and competition.

The biggest challenge is not testing time...but manufacturing time. Testing on thousands and thousands of people and the results being closely reviewed and published.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, it seems like it.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:43 PM

Take a vaccine for something that has serious/deadly results for less than 0.35% of the people who actually contract the virus?

No, I'm out.

But in all fairness I am healthy.

But I don't get the flu shot either.
Nor do I wear a mask when I'm in a vehicle by myself.

I'm kind of a rebel that way...
Old 09-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Banned

My family and I always get the vaccinations and this one will be no different. I can’t wait for this crap to be under control. I can’t wait to get back to work too! This is lame.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Will China be supplying it? Will they try to make in mandatory? if either of these is true I won’t be that enthusiastic about getting needled
Right??
Cause everything else that comes from China is top quality goods, eh?

If I wait long enough and the covid is extinct, then why do I need a shot?
Old 09-04-2020, 09:22 PM
Banned

If China or Russia create the first vaccine I won’t be getting it until you do first.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
The original post asked who would take the vaccine (when developed). Some will, some won't. Kinda nice to have the freedoms to make that choice?
Yes.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:02 PM

absolutely will take it.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:27 AM

No and I am immune compromised. I also don't get the other flu shots.

On a side note all of us gin owners say we won't give up our guns. Yet here we are and a lot are saying they will get the vaccine. This vaccine is for public saftey and our protection. The same garbage they tell us about gun control. have any of you yes men thought about this. It is the same people telling you both lines of garbage. Maybe we need to think brfore we follow along.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
This thread is bait for conspiracy kooks.
No I’m asking an honest question from my outdoor enthusiast peers is all.

The chicken pox vaccine came out in 1984 and was 25 years in the making.
Myself, I’m uneasy about a fast tracked vaccine that could be commissioned in mere months. My question is honest and I’m being sincere. No baiting.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
LOL!!! Zing!!!!!