Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2020, 09:29 AM

Default Grizzly Roto Molded coolers

I’m in need of a new 4-5 day cooler. I’ve seen a few of these around but never talked to anyone that has real world experience with one. At $350 for the 80l version they are just over my risk threshold to try one out without some trusted reviews.

Anyone here have one or know someone who does?

Thanks
Hilgy
Old 09-20-2020, 12:28 PM

I would go with a Lerpin from under water Kenetics. They often have factory seconds or ones with a slight (often unnoticeable) defect, these will have a big discount on them. Got my 70L Lerpin for $170. Best cooler ever.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:04 PM

2nd that on the Lerpin from Underwater Kenetics in Edmonton. I also have a 70 liter model, kept ice in it for 4 days with frequent opening of the cooler. When I bought mine I got a mini tour of the warehouse and he had examples of the coolers he stocks cut in half so you can see what the build materials look like. Best prices on roto molded coolers that i've seen in Alberta. Friendly service FWIW.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:16 PM

This is a very good review,

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...owdown.133059/
Old 09-20-2020, 04:53 PM

Ill 3rd the Lerpin, have the 100l model and the last trip we took it out we packed the bottom with milk jugs filled with water and frozen. Put the food on top mixed with little ice packs. After a week there was better than 90 percent ice still left.

One complaint though is for a cooler that big and heavy it should have better handles. Its pretty bearish to move around when full.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:43 PM

I bought the Lerpin 120 L and it works great but very heavy. The guys at UK products were great to deal with
Old 09-20-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilgy View Post
I’m in need of a new 4-5 day cooler. I’ve seen a few of these around but never talked to anyone that has real world experience with one. At $350 for the 80l version they are just over my risk threshold to try one out without some trusted reviews.

Anyone here have one or know someone who does?

Thanks
Hilgy
I was looking at a grizzly before my family bought me a yeti. They look like a solid unit and I've checked them out several times at sporting goods stores. Problem is after getting the Yeti I went hook line and sinker for them. Have been extremely happy with the 5 different products of theirs I've used. I wouldn't be opposed to a grizzly. IIRC they are slightly cheaper than yeti as well.

In the grand scheme of things there are so many of those type products out there now pick one with features you like and fits your budget. You probably won't be disappointed as long as it is Rotomolded and ACTUALLY IGBC certified.