Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2019, 07:50 PM

Default Cabelas warranty

Well there is none apparently.
Bought one of their branded flashlights last fall.
Not a cheap one either. Sells for 75 bucks.
Started giving me some grief and has seen limited use so I dug out my paperwork on it and couldn't find anything about warranty.
I assumed it would have one year or at least something defined but couldn't find any mention of warranty.
Called the store and was told they offer a 90 day exchange and that's it.
Seems since Bass Pro bought them a lot of their warranty or lifetime product guarantee's are gone. I think guys were buying their socks at one time because they were guaranteed for life. May not be the case anymore so buyer beware.
Hopefully this saves someone some grief down the road.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:59 PM

Their “lifetime warranty” length is deemed by them as well. Each product has its own useful lifetime rather than a fixed amount of years like most lifetime warranties are.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:04 PM

Those were basspro socks, and I wonder if basspro still is good for exchanges on them.

The basspro warranty might be the same as they bought up Cabelas.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:54 PM

I know most will just walk away from the counter as not to cause a scene but ask for the manager, still insist they somehow honor a replacement. Do not get loud or obnoxious but stand your ground. Show your receipt and what the product is doing. Just keep at it. They do not like attention brought forth. Do not give up. I have seen it work. Short of kicking and stomping of the feet. They gave in and exchanged item. Or get ahold of the manufacture and email, text, phone (do people actually phone) and insist they exchange. Just keep on it. Might work
Old 08-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Want me to send my mom in there? Old retired lady with nothing better to do usually gets her way with problems like this.

I don't carry things as far as she does but I've learned that talking to a manager does go a long way. Arguing or escalating the situation almost always works against you. I say how pleased I am with all the other products I've bought from them and was kind of surprised I got a bad one. They'll usually always try to work with you.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:54 PM

The BassPro sock warranty ended at the beginning of the year. You can exchange your socks for their new type that holds up for a long time, with no warranty or get your original $14.99 back.
I took a pair in a few weeks ago and just took the cash
JH
Old 08-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry View Post
The BassPro sock warranty ended at the beginning of the year. You can exchange your socks for their new type that holds up for a long time, with no warranty or get your original $14.99 back.
I took a pair in a few weeks ago and just took the cash
JH
funny I took some original heavy wool socks in to Bass Pro at Cross Iron last month and exchanged them no problem. Nothing was said.