Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2020, 07:41 AM

Default Dear criminals

Just a tip because I know your not very bright, advertise your stuff on buy and sell, lol
Old 12-23-2020, 07:46 AM

Lol my friend found his stolen horse trailer on kijiji yup not very smart
Old 12-23-2020, 07:49 AM

My buddy who is RCMP here in Sherwood Park has told me they have a couple Special Investigation officers that check out FB Marketplace, Kijiji and the like for things that they may recognize in their stolen property investigations...
Old 12-23-2020, 07:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

oh and the lady that gift wrapped here box of used kitty litter and placed it on her doorstep wants it back too

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-23-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
My buddy who is RCMP here in Sherwood Park has told me they have a couple Special Investigation officers that check out FB Marketplace, Kijiji and the like for things that they may recognize in their stolen property investigations...
That would be nice if they had such a thing in Calgary, friend had her bike stolen - nada from police. She saw it advertised on Kijiji and contacted CPS. Still nada. So she contacted the ad about buying it, met up at one of the meet sites, verified the serial # off the bike and took it for a little test ride.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:30 AM

A plant operator saw an air compressor on Kiiji that looked like one missing from his site he asked the seller to him a picture of the name plate for HP and details.
After a check of plant inventory the serial number matched the missing equipment he contacted the RCMP they charged the person for theft then the shocker, turned out to be his boss!

The boss lost his job and faced more charges after more stolen equipment was found in his shop.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:32 AM

There should be a special place in hell for some of these chronic thieves. The tradegy is that they are well known by the police and nothing really gets done with them. The justice system needs an overhaul in this area for sure.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:38 AM

Two saddle lake men charged with selling banned rifles on buy and sell, even a 100 round clip.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
Two saddle lake men charged with selling banned rifles on buy and sell, even a 100 round clip.
Selling to sustenance hunters....
Old 12-23-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Selling to sustenance hunters....
Now,,,,was there any call for that comment!!!
Old 12-23-2020, 08:52 AM

Nope, there wasn’t, I’m an aboriginal harvester and I don’t need a 100 round clip.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/2-saddle...king-1.5241453

And they will likely get a slap on the wrist, and a firearms prohibition, and be back to committing more crimes in short order. They are already know to police, so it's not like they aren't already associated with criminal activity.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims83cj5 View Post
Now,,,,was there any call for that comment!!!
Your right probably selling them to target shooting competitors..
Old 12-23-2020, 10:05 AM

If they gave each one of these scumbags 10 years and made them serve the full 10 years, it would probably save the taxpayers money, because they wouldn't have to arrest them, and try them multiple times over the next 10 years. But of course this is Canada, so they will likely stand in front of many judges in their lifetimes.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
oh and the lady that gift wrapped here box of used kitty litter and placed it on her doorstep wants it back too
Have you ever seen these kind of videos? Better than the kitty litter.
https://youtu.be/h4T_LlK1VE4
Old 12-23-2020, 11:51 AM

A banned rifle sold? Shouldn't have said rifle already been turned over to the RCMP.
After all, there is a ban on certain firearms.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/2-saddle...king-1.5241453

And they will likely get a slap on the wrist, and a firearms prohibition, and be back to committing more crimes in short order. They are already know to police, so it's not like they aren't already associated with criminal activity.
And the article seems to be more about straw purchasers to further push the angle of civil disarmament.

It barely even blames the career criminals. I would love to find out what punishment they actually receive. I wouldn't be surprised if they are out and about as well.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:01 PM

Since it is a great many people's belief that the Order In Council is unlawful, why should there be any charges at all?
Old 12-23-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Since it is a great many people's belief that the Order In Council is unlawful, why should there be any charges at all?
Because they were supposedly obtained illegally.

Quote:
Police say obtaining the guns was done in part through straw buyers, where someone with a valid firearms licence purchases the weapons for someone who isn't legally permitted to buy them.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
A ten man heavy duty lifeboat deflated takes up very little room.

If I had the means, I'd like to pack one that when opened, engages the cartridge to inflate,,,
Old 12-23-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
If they gave each one of these scumbags 10 years and made them serve the full 10 years, it would probably save the taxpayers money, because they wouldn't have to arrest them, and try them multiple times over the next 10 years. But of course this is Canada, so they will likely stand in front of many judges in their lifetimes.
I concur.
Look up what extreme measures on organised crime/guns did in Japan.

Though with that creep in Ottawa,,. He'll make a criminal of you yet. Fabricate a crime, fabricate a criminal.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:

I agree . But this the Incurence company’s would never allow it . They make too much money with the system
Old 12-23-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Then the Bleeding Hearts would be bitchin because we have too many people in jail. My idea of a jail is on Baffin island, with no fence.

Grizz
Old 12-23-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Then the Bleeding Hearts would be bitchin because we have too many people in jail. My idea of a jail is on Baffin island, with no fence.

Grizz
I don't thick we need to go that far, pick a spot in-between fort mac and ft Vermilion and drop a jail there with no fence, if they make it back to a town then they get a pass, lots of country there and in the summer lots of water crossings and bugs not to mention bears
Old 12-23-2020, 04:33 PM

I figure either somewhere around Churchill or maybe Akpatok Island (Ungava Bay) No need for fences, or guards for that matter. The residents would be fighting to make sure they could keep the door closed with them on the inside.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Yep they have entire teams now dedicated to online marketplace fraud & stolen goods.
I’m sure AO is monitored quite heavily especially with firearms & ammunition being transacted.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
A ten man heavy duty lifeboat deflated takes up very little room.

If I had the means, I'd like to pack one that when opened, engages the cartridge to inflate,,,
This year I have had way too much slack time. One guy had a package rigged up with a glitter bomb, a stink bomb, and a phone that recorded the whole scene. The phone even had a gps sender so he could retrieve it.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Your right probably selling them to target shooting competitors..

Lol. Well done.