Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-17-2021, 06:18 PM

Default Headed to Slave lake Narrows, hows access

I was planning on hitting the narrows tomorrow. Can anyone offer how the access is? Are you able to drive a pickup out? How’s the bite?
Old 01-17-2021, 07:42 PM

Last time up there was Dec 31 Access was good, some trucks,lots of atv’s.
There were some drifts that people got hung up on. It’s snowed and rained since then so it could be touch and go now. I used a side by side ad had no trouble but planning on taking snowmobile next time. Seems like it usually drifts bad making truck access tough every year.
Please update after your trip. Thanks
Old 01-17-2021, 07:46 PM

I would never rely on being able to drive on at the Narrows. Last time I was out, there was a good drop off to get on the lake at the shore that may very well short circuit your day before you get started.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I would never rely on being able to drive on at the Narrows. Last time I was out, there was a good drop off to get on the lake at the shore that may very well short circuit your day before you get started.
That’s true it was pretty bad. Some trucks were out there but getting off would be a challenge. I always use either a side by side or snowmobile, never willing to risk my truck there.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:37 PM

Didn’t make it to the narrows, way too windy for my liking. Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:22 PM

I went there today. Was nice until about 2 then the wind started.
Action was slow but I only drilled 4 holes. Saw a few once in awhile. Also quite a few whites or tullibee. Caught 5 walleye. Brought 2 home both around 50 cm. They weren’t very aggressive. Triggered the bite by pulling bait away as they were slowly checking it out. Pretty cool seeing them come in and making them chase it. Camera really helped today.
Didn’t see any pike or burbs.
Used snowmobile today. Big drift right at shore that someone got really stuck in with a truck. Some big drifts on the lake too. Found a sled cover, then found the guy that lost it and gave it to him. He was in a Razor. Said he got really stuck coming off the lake last night.
Wind started getting bad around 3. Almost blew my trailer off the road when I was leaving. Highway coming home was scary. Got blown across the center line a couple of times. Semi flipped off the road just north of Westlock.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:21 AM

Thanks for the report. lol grab my snowmobile if I decide to head out.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:20 PM

Default Narrows

Went out two weekends ago easy to drive on. Fishing was average. Caught our limit in walleye and three bourbon...great day out with the kids