Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1051  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM
JimmerAB JimmerAB is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 53N, 113W
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Hockey gods might owe them a few....
I'd like to think that shot went in as a result of some positive "Bessie" juju!
Reply With Quote
  #1052  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Justfishin73's Avatar
Justfishin73 Justfishin73 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Edmonton area
Posts: 858
Default

Of course we left after Florida made it 3-2. My boy was NOT happy with the old man
__________________
5/8" AR500 Targets for sale--
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=353153
Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 PM
Jamie Jamie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
McDavid is ridiculous!
We do agreee on that!
I wonder if he will be able to catch JG in points or goals.

I could be wrong was there not a discusi N earlier we in the old thread about who get more goals or points?
Reply With Quote
  #1054  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 9,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
We do agreee on that!
I wonder if he will be able to catch JG in points or goals.

I could be wrong was there not a discusi N earlier we in the old thread about who get more goals or points?
Ya he will. 3 games in hand.
Reply With Quote
  #1055  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 9,598
Default

And Connor always turns it on second half.
Reply With Quote
  #1056  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Walleyedude Walleyedude is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfishin73 View Post
Of course we left after Florida made it 3-2. My boy was NOT happy with the old man
Ohhh man... I don't blame him!

Look at the bright side though, your worst "bad dad" moment of 2019 is already behind you.
Reply With Quote
  #1057  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:50 AM
270person 270person is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I wonder if he will be able to catch JG in points or goals?


Probably not. Every rational hockey fan knows JG is a far better player.
__________________
My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost
Reply With Quote
  #1058  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:12 AM
waldedw's Avatar
waldedw waldedw is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Lloydminster
Posts: 434
Default

finally a game worth staying up to watch
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Reply With Quote
  #1059  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:46 AM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 4,155
Default

So the Edmonton Mcdavid’s won last night? This is good!! Have to check the highlights in a bit!!
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #1060  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:00 AM
brendan's dad's Avatar
brendan's dad brendan's dad is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton Area
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
We do agreee on that!
I wonder if he will be able to catch JG in points or goals.

I could be wrong was there not a discusi N earlier we in the old thread about who get more goals or points?
They are tied in points right now...... still have that $500 to wager?
Reply With Quote
  #1061  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:20 AM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
They are tied in points right now...... still have that $500 to wager?
I'm sure Jamie would have no issue betting JG will get more points in the 3rd round than McDavid will get in the cup finals this year. Most people aren't going to make such a statement though and even fewer would bet on it.
Reply With Quote
  #1062  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:44 AM
brendan's dad's Avatar
brendan's dad brendan's dad is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton Area
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'm sure Jamie would have no issue betting JG will get more points in the 3rd round than McDavid will get in the cup finals this year. Most people aren't going to make such a statement though and even fewer would bet on it.
Sure, I'll take that bet if both teams make it to the third round.
Reply With Quote
  #1063  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Jamie Jamie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Sure, I'll take that bet if both teams make it to the third round.
That was not the proposed arraignment.

Overall, I think JG is a incredible player who is headed to the hall of fame. The only thing holding back Mcjesus is the fact he doesn't play with a NHL team.

For the love of Baby Jesus, get the man some Team Mates or ship him to us. We will take care of him for you. It's really the only humane thing to do for the Lad.
Reply With Quote
  #1064  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Bigwoodsman Bigwoodsman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,115
Default Draisitl going to the All Star Game

Just heard that Leon was voted in as the last man standing by the fans, beating out Mark Girodano(sp).

Once again Oiler fans rule!

BW

apologies to Mark if I bastardized his last name.
Reply With Quote
  #1065  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:31 AM
brendan's dad's Avatar
brendan's dad brendan's dad is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton Area
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
That was not the proposed arraignment.

Overall, I think JG is a incredible player who is headed to the hall of fame. The only thing holding back Mcjesus is the fact he doesn't play with a NHL team.

For the love of Baby Jesus, get the man some Team Mates or ship him to us. We will take care of him for you. It's really the only humane thing to do for the Lad.
I think my proposal was a heck of a lot more fair than yours given the current standings and scoring race.

Will a Flames fan only wager on a sure bet?
Reply With Quote
  #1066  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:36 AM
brendan's dad's Avatar
brendan's dad brendan's dad is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton Area
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Just heard that Leon was voted in as the last man standing by the fans, beating out Mark Girodano(sp).

Once again Oiler fans rule!

BW

apologies to Mark if I bastardized his last name.
Let me get this straight, Karlsson, Doughty and Burns are going to get to feed McDavid, Johnny, Keller, Pettersson, and Draisaitl with Pavelski parked infront of the net.

Anyone want to bet against the Pacific?
Reply With Quote
  #1067  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Let me get this straight, Karlsson, Doughty and Burns are going to get to feed McDavid, Johnny, Keller, Pettersson, and Draisaitl with Pavelski parked infront of the net.

Anyone want to bet against the Pacific?
Not a fan of Pavelski? Is he slow? He has more goals than Karlsson, Doughty, burns, Keller, and Pettersson and McDavid and Johnny only have one more than him. He's also 10th in goals scored in the league. I'd say the odd man out is Keller, Pavelski has 25 goals, Keller has 30 points.
Reply With Quote
  #1068  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Jamie Jamie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I think my proposal was a heck of a lot more fair than yours given the current standings and scoring race.

Will a Flames fan only wager on a sure bet?
Of course.. I don't gamble.. I just win $$$
Reply With Quote
  #1069  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Just heard that Leon was voted in as the last man standing by the fans........
The John Scott tradition continues......
Reply With Quote
  #1070  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Jamie Jamie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
The John Scott tradition continues......
Zing!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1071  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Gerald J Gerald J is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Just heard that Leon was voted in as the last man standing by the fans, beating out Mark Girodano(sp).

Once again Oiler fans rule!

BW

apologies to Mark if I bastardized his last name.
He's having a great year. Good game last night too.
Reply With Quote
  #1072  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Bigwoodsman Bigwoodsman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
The John Scott tradition continues......
Didn't John Scott get player of the All Star award? IIRC he was voted the best player by the players at the All Star game.

BW
Reply With Quote
  #1073  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:24 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 9,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Not a fan of Pavelski? Is he slow? He has more goals than Karlsson, Doughty, burns, Keller, and Pettersson and McDavid and Johnny only have one more than him. He's also 10th in goals scored in the league. I'd say the odd man out is Keller, Pavelski has 25 goals, Keller has 30 points.
You think he doesn’t like pavelski because he parks himself in front of the net? Over half of his goals are dirty goals. He’s good at it. Not very big but knows where to park.
Reply With Quote
  #1074  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
You think he doesn’t like pavelski because he parks himself in front of the net? Over half of his goals are dirty goals. He’s good at it. Not very big but knows where to park.
I guess I could see that not being a big factor in the 3-3 format were there are lots of breakaways and 2 on 1s. Does he do that because that's all he's capable of though or because it's effective in the regular season?

He's better than Keller isn't he?
Reply With Quote
  #1075  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 9,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I guess I could see that not being a big factor in the 3-3 format were there are lots of breakaways and 2 on 1s. He's better than Keller though, isn't he?
Yes he is. And nobody is better at tip ins and redirections than little joe
Reply With Quote
  #1076  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:11 PM
brendan's dad's Avatar
brendan's dad brendan's dad is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton Area
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Not a fan of Pavelski? Is he slow? He has more goals than Karlsson, Doughty, burns, Keller, and Pettersson and McDavid and Johnny only have one more than him. He's also 10th in goals scored in the league. I'd say the odd man out is Keller, Pavelski has 25 goals, Keller has 30 points.
Read my post again, it all about dominance by the Pacific team and that dominance includes little joe in front of the net. Maybe he won't do much of that with 3 on 3 but that is where he shines. There is reason he has twice as many goals as assists.
Reply With Quote
  #1077  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Jamie Jamie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,688
Default

I cant wait for the 3x3... So much fun to watch!!
Reply With Quote
  #1078  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:04 PM
sgill808 sgill808 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,449
Default

Im hsppy Drai got voted in. Now he can learn from other superstars in the league how to earn his pay cheque.
Reply With Quote
  #1079  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:24 PM
bessiedog's Avatar
bessiedog bessiedog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,147
Default

Oooohhh baby!

Couldn’t watch da game..... stupid tv!..


We’re in the thick of it boys!!!
Next two weeks r big big big big big!

Dem r games we’re gonna win. And wifey might even let me bet on dat Shames game.

We win the next 4-5..... rest up during All Star break.
Kleffy gets back. We do onebig trade!!!



And it’s playoff time boys!


Ohh yea!
We got dis!
__________________
"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
-HDT
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user." T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #1080  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 9,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Im hsppy Drai got voted in. Now he can learn from other superstars in the league how to earn his pay cheque.
You will find most 100 point players(he’s on pace for over 100) will be asking that much. Or more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.