Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Once again, emotions and a sense of moral superiority, trumping common sense and the rule of law. Why have laws at all? Progressives, always looking for a crisis to solve, victims to save. It validates their existence and self identity as the Enlightened. Cosmic Justice is the new goal. And guess who foots the bill?

Co-signed. This really says it all.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
Not sure about Calgary but Edmonton's election for Mayor was a win by default. No one serious ran against him and there were a lot of 20 something's that just threw their name in the hat for a joke. We all know Iverson is an idiot but that doesn't mean nutty NDP will get back in.

Two weeks ago for the battle of Alberta game when the stamps were up here in Edmonton was a tell tale sign that not everything is rosy for the dippers. After the game was done they had a special 40 year anniversary celebration for the Commonwealth stadium. It started off with a laser light show and on the big screen the "Hilda beast" started to talk. The boo's were so loud that they actually had to turn up the sound to try and drown the crowd out. It made by heart feel good. Then Iverson came on and the boo's were slightly less but still loud.

After those two idiots were done you could hear the sound turned down a bit when the rest of the presentation went on.

The after the game talk show was playing when I was driving home and just about everybody that called in mentioned it and how good it felt that the crowd was in agreement.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I'm sooo happy to not pay property tax in edmonton anymore.
Myself and my wife are looking at options around Edmonton. I won't be a part of this insanity.

I hear Devon is a nice place to live....
Old 09-21-2018, 06:54 AM
Banned

I don't concern myself with Canadian Politics anymore because as far as I am concerned Canada is a ruined Nation. Since I stopped caring I am a much happier person.

Far from the Country I grew up in. Very sad!
Old 09-21-2018, 10:12 AM

Iveson was on the news last night ... my understanding based on what he said was that Edm had moved to not requiring “documentation” for using city services (ie: getting Library cards, bus passes ...etc) and did not relate to turning these folks into police? It would apply to those without ID like drivers licenses or other ID which is the case with many homeless people. Was there more to the story?