Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM

Yep would be nice to see Gator and Lupes win one....now that they dont play for those stinky coilers anymore I don't really mind them.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
SNIPER

looks like the wings want one more practice game.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 PM

Anyone else get the feeling that we could be looking at the most talented Cup final ever? Wings showed their beatable tonight, but it has cost Dallas every last drop they had left in the tank to do it. They will not win game 5.

Philly will not win game 4.

Pens/Wings have been playing 'Anything you can do, I can do better'.

Any predictions?

Tree
Old 05-14-2008, 10:42 PM
SNIPER

I predict Osgood and Fleury will have sunburns on their necks.
Wings in 6
Old 05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
340wtby

Detroit would have won if that goal would have been allowed, as it should have been.

As for the most talented Cup Final ever, not sure about that, but definately in while.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:05 PM

Hey 340, I actually agree with ya. That was a brutal call and nearly as bad as the Finnish goal against the US in Halifax the other day.

Franzen's been cleared to practice, so he'll be back for the final.

Yes, most talented is arguable for sure, but how about most dynamic? Finally the best two teams meet for the cup. I think it could be the best final since '94 with the Rangers/Canucks.

However, the way I'm seeing it is that both teams match up pretty good throughout. EXCEPT in the net. MAF looked brutal and nervous last night. I'm biased, since I'm still pizzed at him for his screw up late in the third in the world Jr's in Halifax a few years back!

This final is the Wing's to lose and it very much reminds me of the first trip the Oilers made to the final against the Islander's juggarnaut. Destroyed by experience. Next year in the same final rematch it was a different story, and the Long Island dynasty was ended.

I think the only chance the Pens will have will come through the sheer determination of Crosby, you can see it in his eyes. Problem is, Malkin is fading, and fading fast.

Tree
Old 05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
340wtby

Ya for sure it will be a great series, I don't really care who wins but it would be nice to see the Pen's win because they won't be able to afford that team next year with FA. I think the experience will factor in a lot as it usually does in the playoffs. So I'll be putting my money on the Wings. That Zetterberg Datsuyk combo is deadly.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:21 PM

I'm a NS boy, so my heart's with the Pens, but......you add Franzen into the mix, look out. Check his stats. He has (guessing a bit) about 30 goals in his last 28 games. Suffered 2 injuries that cost him a ton of time this season, but will be a good pool pick next year.

I've been up as high as 143 worldwide in my stupid pool on 'Facebook'. Mrs Tree has peaked out at 37th but we still have a ways to go.

Should be fun though. Hey 340, you're not as bad as they say you are!

Tree the Hero
Old 05-15-2008, 12:50 AM

137th worldwide is pretty sweet tree. i was i think 8th in edmonton for a few days but have slipped to the 70's and 80's now. worldwide somewhere in the 700's but considering there is over 100,000 entrants worldwide i would say we're both doing decent. 271 points for me and i'm destroying all my friends closest is 15points back. good luck hope you can crawl up to the top and make some money, i got no chance of doing that.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:13 AM
SNIPER

Where are all the so called hockey fans. Oh yeah the phlegms are out. I am thinking the pens had to long of a lay off.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:18 AM

If last night was any indication of what the finals are going to be like, it won't be worth watching. Wings were all over them.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:33 AM

Wings all the way.... pens need to learn to dump, chase and hit. How many giveaways?? bad passes?? cant do that in the finals man.... laughed at Grapes last night, said someone should slap some sense into Sid.... you wear the C... you take the fall. Great teams though, just expected the pens to come out flyin high alot more. Game 2 might be different I'm bettin.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:53 PM

The penguins are playing like i thought they would in the 1st round.....Detroit is just to good.

Hey sniper do i owe you any cash or are we all square?
Old 05-25-2008, 07:27 PM
SNIPER

We are even. It was fun wagering though.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:34 PM
jrs

I didn't realize anyone was still watching. I thought that game was kind of boring, i was really disappointed. I may not watch another this year, can go fishing in the evenings instead. If I'm off early enough I'll watch game 2, if its not awesome bring on the 2008-2009 season already.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 PM

i called it a few pages back.. Wings in 5..