Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2017, 05:48 PM

Default Interesting Tower Construction - Calgary East Village

There's a condo tower going up adjacent the old Simmons Mattress warehouse in the East Village that's now a restaurant, the tower seems to have prefabricated modules being lifted into place by crane. It's almost like watching an industrial accommodation camp being assembled. Potentially worth a brief peek for those interested in such things.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
There's a condo tower going up adjacent the old Simmons Mattress warehouse in the East Village that's now a restaurant, the tower seems to have prefabricated modules being lifted into place by crane. It's almost like watching an industrial accommodation camp being assembled. Potentially worth a brief peek for those interested in such things.
Pictures for those who are no where near there to see?
Old 11-25-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

If it's what I'm thinking I believe that building style is very popular in China. They can throw up high rises in a week! Some pictures would be cool. I'm only used to seeing precast buildings being craned in as I just completed one.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:07 AM

I’ll try to snap some shots later today in daylight, it was dark heading home yesterday.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:16 AM

I think that was the same idea for the Hilton they did down there. Plumbing, electrical everything already set up for each one and just snap em together. They had an article on it in the paper when they were building it too. Can’t find it though.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:35 AM

Doing a tower right beside that site. It’s a neat modular construction style that is being used a ton in Europe. Works well with hotel floor plans that have a common unit size.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:30 AM

The six storey Comfort Inn in Fox Creek was built like that. Company out of Three Hills.