Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
perchfisher90

Default Re: GRRRR....

Roli played a fantastic game. I feel sorry for him, he has pretty much won us games all year, and little people see it because of our inexperienced defence. 2 goals jamie...u cant count the empty netter
Old 03-12-2007, 01:03 AM
BrownBear416

Default HeHe

Who cares how many goals went in the net....

Being shutout is what should be worried about.:eek

Kanon...I am happy to hear you are not angry:b and yes i am worried about are team.

They have to get playing better.....:rolleyes
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 AM
brownbomber

Default Observation

Blaming hamrlik for loosing games? come on guys, you can't blame one individual for losing a game. maybe his mistakes cost goals but shouldn't somebody have scored? maybe if joe blow would have paid attention to where the goalie was sitting in the crease and went high instead of low he would have scored, not scoring that's a mistake too isn't it? not picking a fight but i learned to play hockey on a team, which includes everyone even the guys who make mistakes which lead to goals, i always thought we lost by a couple and yeah he cost us two of those goals but maybe everyone else in the lineup should have scored a little more and then we wouldn't have to worry about guys throwing the puck away.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:21 AM
kanonfodder

Default Re: Observation

My bad I turned it off when it was 2-0 oh well at least you guys are fighting amongst yourselves and that always gladdens this Oil fans heart lol :rollin C'mon Oile win some more games lol
Old 03-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Baulde

We have a few players not performing, we still win some games, get points in others.

You have an entire team not performing brown. How about you give them some advice...

Shouldn't somebody have scored.... coming from an oilers fan... thats rich :rollin :rollin

This is the NHL. Perform(or don't take lots of stupid penalties) or get benched. I'm probably also save to say that you were not getting paid more then a million a year to cough up goals ? Expectations are a little higher. But whatever takes your mind off the Grease.

P.S. Who left a brownbomber in your cornflakes this morning ?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Jamie Hunt

I get the chance to take my son to his very first NHL game tonight. He is one excited little camper. Actully I am very excited also. Very cool moment.
GO FLAMES GO
We need this win.

Jamie
Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 PM
kanonfodder

Go St Louis.......
Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 PM
kanonfodder

C'mon Blues lol........I have now upheld my end of the bet......have a nice day
Old 03-12-2007, 11:18 PM
brownbomber

Default baulde

well sorry to have offended you. yeah i'm a oiler fan, but i'm not a fan to the point where i get offended if someone is critical of them. the oilers should be scoring more goals and playing better period. i was saying hockey as whole is a team sport where you don't blame individuals for a loss. should hamrlik be benched? probably should be watching from up top, but the point is don't put it all on one guy. why not blame playfair for trusting someone who consistently screws up? i was talking from a hockey generally from novice to nhl not as a pro oiler or anti flame. you should hear me be critical of the oilers, i know they are a bad team and not blind to it because someone tells me true fans never give up, i prefer to see the truth. as a flames fan you should see a team that needs to improve as a whole team not just hamrlik to get out of the first round of the playoffs. i'll tell you right now the oilers need to improve in the offseason to not fall off the cliff again and into the 90's abyss. also not gonna get to into it but what's with the grease thing? isn't that kinda like grade 4 stuff? anyway i don't even have a hate on for the flames. if anyone i don't like it's the leafs but that's a whole other story. hope i cleared it up baulde.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Baulde

Default Re: baulde

I was not offended. Sure you can blame a team for the loss. But have a weak link in the chain and the whole thing can break. Hammer is having some weak games. He can be held acountable for that. I never said the whole team gets off scott free either. It seemed like I was getting from you players could not be held accountable.

Pulled a win out tonight. Every time we get stronger or fix one problem another seems to pop up. They have to stop turning it over

Old 03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
BrownBear416

Default RE

BrownB...i hear what you are saying and i agree with you.No i was not blaming it all on Hamerlik i am just to slow of typer to type up every error in the game.I also think playfair should be held accountable.

Great Shootout tonight but the game was not very good.Our whole defence as a core were not very good at all tonight.

We have to get so much better if we want to be a force in the playoff's.

Does anyone know why M lombardi has been benched the last couple games???? If i was benching people he would not be at the top of my list.

Kanon...looks pretty good....:eek :eek
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: RE

Kanon.
LOOKS GREAT!

Game was difficult to watch on a play by play type thing. My son is 5 and he enjoyed it when the Flames scored and the Flames started coming from the roof.
The 2 of us had a great time. Once all the girls and guys around us figured out it was his first game they couldn’t stop talking to us. The kid is going to be a real heart breaker one day. The Chicks dig him.
He loved the Shoot out and fell asleep in OT.
We had great seats for him. We were close enough to the Blues bench for him to learn a whole new language.
We sat 8 rows behind the bench. Good seats to have fun in, but not great to watch a game. He walked out of the dome with a spanking new Jersey and a hat. Also a belly full of Popcorn, Pop and 2 Malts... The kid couldn’t stop eating.
I think he had a good time, not sure as he fell asleep the minute we hit the truck. As for me the night was perhaps the best I have had at a game.

If we win in Colorado, Edmonton will have some competition for T-Times.
Kipper looked really good on more than a few saves tonight. That stop with seconds left in OT brought the dome to its feet. It was thunderous the applause that rained down. It woke Willy up and man did he look startled for a second or 2.

Its good to have kids

Jamie
AKA
Willys Dad
Old 03-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Duk Dog

Default Kid's first NHL games

Hey Jamie
I got to share the same sort of experience as you, except as an uncle. My 5 year old nephew and his mom flew out to visit from Ontario for an extended weekend. Much to the regret of his dad we have done our best to make him a Flames fan and not a Maple Leafs fan. I took him to both the Saturday night game as well as tonight. He was one excited kid and is heading back east tomorrow with a ton of Flames goodies. Sure neat to see how awe struck they are by the entire event of a NHL game.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:57 AM
brownbomber

Default accountability

sorry getting our wires crossed. how about point form.
-of course players are accountable for their play on the ice
-coaches are accountable for their players actions and fixing the mistakes
-if mistakes continue after pointed out it's back on players.

anyway i'm more concerned that i ony have about 6 games or so left in my season than i am about hamrlik being up to his old tricks, although i wish i had about .001% of his talent. lombardi could be benched for a team thing say curfew, giving attitude at praccy, missing a bus, or it could be a personal thing, or a hockey thing not back checking, blowing assignments, not finishing checks, something that is hard to pick up on tv. oh and jamie good job taking your boy to his first nhl game. i will always remember my first game oilers and north stars and i couldn't wait to get out of the hotel i was pacing about 4 hours before game time. it's something i will always remember. it's a time with my dad that will never leave me, kind of like smelling arena ice or chalk on a ball diamond. it's weird but walking up to skyreach i always think of my dad taking me to games.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: accountability

Duke and Brown
Yes, It was special. Duke I am sure you know exactly how much fun it is to take a little guy.
It is also surprising just how many memories both the Dome and the Coral hold for me. Starting at Game 1 for the Flames, to being the Stick boy for the Calgary Centennials (Old timers) (Cool to see John Davidson in net), to Lanny Macdonald walking by me in the old Coral, to meeting Ed Whalen, to seeing my first playoff game, to my Dad (and subsequently me showing my son) Pictures of himself hanging on the walls in the Coral, to taking my Dad to game 6 of the cup final, and finally having my son with me last night. All very good stuff

Brown, what level do you play at?

Jamie
Old 03-13-2007, 01:19 PM
brndawg

brownbomer, did you actually watch the 2 games I was referring to? if not end of discussion. if yes then you should understand what i was referring to - he was effing awful in both games.

yes it's a team game but when one of your teammates does boneheaded things that result in goals (not just getting beat on a play - that's hockey) that's an individual problem.

at least last night the entire defence played poorly so there really wasn't one player to single out (although what was hamrlik doing chasing the man with the puck along with his partner instead of picking up the extra man?!?!?:eek )

lucky lucky win.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Jamie Hunt

This team is going to make me pull my hair out....
On paper they look great. But paper doesnt win you anything

Something needs to happen or we are just one series behind Edmonton in looking for T-Times

Jamie
Old 03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
kanonfodder

Just like the Stamps huh Jamie...so close, so much hype , so much on paper, LOL GO ABC (anyone but Calgary )

ooooh only 8 points back, how many more times you play the avs??????
Old 03-15-2007, 11:40 PM
kanonfodder

Well we hung with the wild for a while, but nice to see the Nilsson kid get his first NHL goal. Bodes well for the future. On a happier note Dallas kicked Calgary in the nards....oooh lookie whos creeping up OMG it's an Avalanche.....lol
Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Baulde

I thought the happy note was the first part ?

As for what is creeping up, that would be the daisies on the oilers grave
:evil
Old 03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Okotokian

Can anyone tell me why Mc T hasn't been fired? ten loses in a row, usually BADLY beaten, long out of the playoffs, players haven't shown one ounce of heart since the trade. Is McT giving everyone the rest of the year off or is every player simply not listening to him? Either way, he should be gone.

This is an example of the protection an ownership "group" gives team management. No one person to take charge. I bet that if the Oilers were owned by a single individual, that guy would have been totally steamed by now and shown either Mc T or Lowe or both the door.

Not sure the Flames are listening to Playfair much more... Defence? What's that? I want to SCORE!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
kanonfodder

LOL @ Baulde, aw buddy you guys are still in the graveyard, I wouldn't get cocky. All the season hype on the NHL's number 1 Defence, the best goalie, Iggy this Iggy that, Conroy is the final piece of the puzzle, Tanguay is gonna light it up..................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rollin :rollin
Old 03-16-2007, 04:35 PM
perchfisher90

hahahahaha lol...i sure will be laughin when calgary doesn't get into the playoffs either, adding the fact that they have so many big names...they will lose out on this year, and the future years cus they will loose everyone. unlike us:rollin
Old 03-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Mackaylake

Can anyone remember if the shames made it into the playoffs as a favourite (according to their standing) in the last dozen or so years. I can only remember one year.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Jamie Hunt

Perch, isnt it time you changed your signature???

Jamie
Old 03-17-2007, 12:00 AM
hillbily

jamie that signature never gets old!!!!!! if i knew how to do that kinda stuff i would have the same one. it ****es the flames fans off thinking off the past all they have is the future.LOLOL:lol :lol
Old 03-17-2007, 12:07 AM
BrownBear416

Default Ahhhh...

Keep laughing Coiler fans:eek :eek :eek :eek you are doing a fine job of showing everyone how to be successful at losingggggggggggggggg.:rolleyes :rolleyes .
Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Jamie Hunt

Hill
Perch was part of a bet that had Oiler fans chnaging thier Sigbatures.
Check out Kannons.

Jamie
Old 03-17-2007, 10:25 AM
hillbily

aahhh yes, i like it. I know whats going to happen flames fans- so you dont have to worry bout not makin it to the playoffs. The oilers are playing so well that they wont win anymore games but 2, both against colorodo, making the avalanche's chase for the flamers that much harder.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Jamie Hunt

The Sun is calling for playfair's head this morning. I wonder if it is to late?

Jamie