Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2014, 03:19 PM

If Government allows people to carry firearms everywhere people will die.

Where is the debate?

What a sad and stupid tragedy.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwhiskey View Post
Does this refer to Leo's too???? they carry guns, Must be obvious they lose every argument?? right?
Let me know when you cool down and have a cup of coffee, comparing a prepared citizen who CC's to a LEO who is tasked with arresting violent offenders is ridiculous.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned

How about a world with zero cell phones?No texting,twittering ,tweeting?
I work on a construction site,at lunch it`s every man for himself,head down,furiously pecking away on a little hand held device.Dead silence except for the little peck peck peck of little buttons.I bring a book because nobody talks to the guy next to them anymore.
I can`t stand it when the guy you are talking to suddenly reaches for his cell and completely ignores you in the middle of a sentence.
There are people that I will not talk to anymore because of their obsession with texting.I have told the kids NO CELL PHONES when you come here for family dinners.If you don`t like it ,get out and never come back.

All this new tech is breeding a population of idiot azzholes who can`t live for 2 minutes without an OMG or LOL in their lives.
I shudder to think what the losers will do if they are ever denied Cell service for 24 hours.
Guy should not have killed the dork,maybe just shot his finger off.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:28 PM

Fisherpeak I agree, I HATE texting. Texting as far as I am concerned is taking a huge part in destroying society.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Fisherpeak I agree, I HATE texting. Texting as far as I am concerned is taking a huge part in destroying society.
Not sure what's wrong with texting, i would rather a person text than have a conversation during a movie...I do agree with your other statement about deaths to occur if people start packing guns everywhere Ken
Old 01-14-2014, 03:57 PM

turn the lighting on your phone down and keep it in your lap. wouldnt bother anyone, you would think people would be looking at the screen rather than your lap. i know people do it all the time, but i dont notice because im watching the movie rather than being a goof and concerning myself with some random and his buisness.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:10 PM

Pretty easy to win a fight if you're strapped. Therein lies the issue, we all have a different issue of where you start to think thibgs are going wrong, it easily turns into you scuffed my sneaker I'm gonna bust a cap, he's staring me down (actually checking out your sweet rims) bust a cap boom. He threw popcorn at me boom
Old 01-14-2014, 04:37 PM

So far, if you read the article the A $&$$ texting used up his three strikes.

Strike One: texting in a theater enough to annoy others and be ignorant enough to ignore that others desire to enjoy a movie without your Dumb***** clicking.

Strike Two: getting pizzy with the fact that your reported to management and do a do a douchebag move like throw popcorn in a seniors face....care to do it to someone who your own age???...doubt it......how about someone 65??Y...doubt it as well...pretty brave to do it to an old man of 70......really classy....way to show respect and act like a responsible member of society.......way to use your maturity to diffuse the situation, admit your error and forget it......No!! Turn your cap on backwards and start talking tough.

Strike Three: why do you assume his wife's hands are on his chest????? More likely to stop him from continuing forward and getting all gangsta in someone's face. How many times has anyone heres wife, had to put her hands on your chest??? This is a theatre, not a bar, or rave. If your being restrained by your wife, chances are your out of line, but sure like to act tough in public.

The guy that got shot, was looking for trouble, but the easy kind. Unfortunately for his family, he got more than he bargined for.

And the old guy was a bit trigger happy, and probably should have just pistol whipped the inconsiderate tough guy coward.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post

Strike One: texting in a theater enough to annoy others and be ignorant enough to ignore that others desire to enjoy a movie without your Dumb***** clicking.

Strike Two: getting pizzy with the fact that your reported to management and do a do a douchebag move like throw popcorn in a seniors face....care to do it to someone who your own age???...doubt it......how about someone 65??Y...doubt it as well...pretty brave to do it to an old man of 70......really classy....way to show respect and act like a responsible member of society.......way to use your maturity to diffuse the situation, admit your error and forget it......No!! Turn your cap on backwards and start talking tough.

Strike Three: why do you assume his wife's hands are on his chest????? More likely to stop him from continuing forward and getting all gangsta in someone's face. How many times has anyone heres wife, had to put her hands on your chest??? This is a theatre, not a bar, or rave. If your being restrained by your wife, chances are your out of line, but sure like to act tough in public.

The guy that got shot, was looking for trouble, but the easy kind. Unfortunately for his family, he got more than he bargined for.

And the old guy was a bit trigger happy, and probably should have just pistol whipped the inconsiderate tough guy coward.
Wow, someone actually managed to almost justify a man being shot and killed, leaving behind a wife and children, for texting in a theatre and ****ing a senior citizen off.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhutter View Post
Wow, someone actually managed to almost justify a man being shot and killed, leaving behind a wife and children, for texting in a theatre and ****ing a senior citizen off.
Can't agree with you more.

Looking at this video where the shooter is denied bail, tell me that he looks like a person who is meek and mild.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...r-slaying?lite
Old 01-14-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Can't agree with you more.

Looking at this video where the shooter is denied bail, tell me that he looks like a person who is meek and mild.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...r-slaying?lite
Not sure what your seeing......but your probably used to the Neil Young look on seniors......just an old man in prison outfit saying "Yes Ma,am"......such sassiness!!!! (dripping with sarcasm) Does he look like a harden criminal without long hair and a peace sign??

Last edited by BlackHeart; 01-14-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
It's simple, screw around with BS and sooner or later you'll get a horn up the Adze.

This tough guy escalated things three times. May youd like if he HAD to straighten out some old lady's who dared to use a crosswalk in front of him?

He was uncouth and ignorant to others. Now his BS can't be propagated.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
It's simple, screw around with BS and sooner or later you'll get a horn up the Adze.

This tough guy escalated things three times. May youd like if he HAD to straighten out some old lady's who dared to use a crosswalk in front of him?

what if the old guy shoved the victim after the popcorn got tossed at him?

we dont have enough details.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Wow, you appropriately selected your username. Your opinion is probably in the 0.1% of the site so it's basically irrelevant to me. Quite the outlook you have on relations and the value of human life.

Don't get too lost on your way back from lunch.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
what if the old guy shoved the victim after the popcorn got tossed at him?

we dont have enough details.
We are all making judgement calls based on the limited info. BUT a few are letting their biases condemn the shooter. So I'll let my biases counter them.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Wow, you appropriately selected your username. Your opinion is probably in the 0.1% of the site so it's basically irrelevant to me. Quite the outlook you have on relations and the value of human life.

Don't get too lost on your way back from lunch.
Never knew your were a pollster and statistician

I don't need a compass, nor the need to ask Justin Trudeau for directions.

But what your lunch was delicious.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

did you take a minute to look at even a small portion of the victims history , I suggest not. You might want to . Gangsta lololol petty officer yeh they always put those two words in the same sentence. Talking out of the poo valve me thinks you are.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Banned

Everybody carrying guns is like everybody having winter tires. Most people will behave and the people who would act up more will still do he same, the now have a gun and become an even bigger knob and more people get hurt.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Wow, now I know why you have that username and the avatar!!!

No justification for shooting a human in this situation. Don't care if the guy was talking on his phone!!!!!!

Todays technology permits the use of cell phones, ipads, ipods, androids and others. Hate to think I could get shot because I'm using them.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 PM

Lots of emotional responses, just because he has a wife a child......like that's a monumental achievement that only the righteous can accomplish. Well guess what??....It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to knock up your Girlfreind.

Being a father or having a wife doesn't convert a douche to a saint.

So it is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to the causes of this incident that he leaves a wife and kid behind. Their impacts are the fallout from his actions and the shooters actions. But again.......totally meaningless in the context of what truly occurred and why.

If the guy that was shot had been a rapper wanna be gangsta with tattooes and piercing and matching attitude, I would bet that the responses would change. But guess what??....the rapper dressed guy might be the nice guy and the family man the douche wannabe tough guy.

Too many are judging the book by the cover the media is painting. What relevance to the occurance is it that he's a family man, other than to color our perceptions of what transpired and promote the anti gun idealogue.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Wow, now I know why you have that username and the avatar!!!

No justification for shooting a human in this situation. Don't care if the guy was talking on his phone!!!!!!

Todays technology permits the use of cell phones, ipads, ipods, androids and others. Hate to think I could get shot because I'm using them.
Simplifying the event is small thinking. iPhone = shot!! Quite the omitance of the other actions that escalated things. Go back and read my three strikes. Each one of them was an escalation by the guy who was shot. We hear nothing of any other actions other than a reference to the old guy being hit in the face by something.....a little obscure

So Yes. Annoy someone with your tech, throw something in their face, then get all tough guy and physically threaten them (start with some wheel chair bound seniors and work up your rep) and if you're in Florida....who knows you too can be DOA for Apples.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Lots of emotional responses, just because he has a wife a child......like that's a monumental achievement that only the righteous can accomplish. Well guess what??....It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to knock up your Girlfreind.

Being a father or having a wife doesn't convert a douche to a saint.

So it is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to the causes of this incident that he leaves a wife and kid behind. Their impacts are the fallout from his actions and the shooters actions. But again.......totally meaningless in the context of what truly occurred and why.

If the guy that was shot had been a rapper wanna be gangsta with tattooes and piercing and matching attitude, I would bet that the responses would change. But guess what??....the rapper dressed guy might be the nice guy and the family man the douche wannabe tough guy.

Too many are judging the book by the cover the media is painting. What relevance to the occurance is it that he's a family man, other than to color our perceptions of what transpired and promote the anti gun idealogue.
Awesome answer petty officer 2nd class no they just give that away . Im no fan of the navy types less do of the yanky type. However the man served his country that sir in its self speaks of a selfless nature imo . Now iirc navy types serve on close quarters most of the time. That is a little bit of a BS filter (somthing it sounds like you could use) as one gets sharp fast lesson's from ones ship mates rather quickly . The pick shown depicts a guy without the broken nose and scars that would reflect the constant ability to not learn .
So im going to suggest, its infact your perception that is a little, as in miles off the mark .
Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 PM

The cop forgot he was retired for second, shooting unarmed people that annoy them use to be normal in his line of work.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Awesome answer petty officer 2nd class no they just give that away . Im no fan of the navy types less do of the yanky type. However the man served his country that sir in its self speaks of a selfless nature imo . Now iirc navy types serve on close quarters most of the time. That is a little bit of a BS filter (somthing it sounds like you could use) as one gets sharp fast lesson's from ones ship mates rather quickly . The pick shown depicts a guy without the broken nose and scars that would reflect the constant ability to not learn .
So im going to suggest, its infact your perception that is a little, as in miles off the mark .
So serving in the military/navy makes you a saint??

As I mentioned, he escalated a situation (popcorn throwing) that was very unbecoming and respectful. Would you physically threaten a 70year old man and throw popcorn in his face to make your point. Or would you be a man, and laugh it off, and sit down saying something like "crazy old fart" and get back to enjoying the movie?

Since you brought it it, how do you know this guys true background, other than navy? Perhaps he was always in the barrel at the start of his
Navy career. You do not know what could have been brewing under his skin. Lots of PTSD in those jobs/enlisted.

In fact, I know someone who is ex-CFs and is one of the most F up people I know......major anger issues.....always looking for fights.....in people's face at the drop of a hat and highly aggressive.

So your point was????????
Old 01-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

As I mentioned, he escalated a situation (popcorn throwing) that was very unbecoming and respectful. Would you physically threaten a 70year old man and throw popcorn in his face to make your point. Or would you be a man, and laugh it off, and sit down saying something like "crazy old fart" and get back to enjoying the movie?

Since you brought it it, how do you know this guys true background, other than navy? Perhaps he was always in the barrel at the start of his
Navy career. You do not know what could have been brewing under his skin. Lots of PTSD in those jobs/enlisted.

In fact, I know someone who is ex-CFs and is one of the most F up people I know......major anger issues.....always looking for fights.....in people's face at the drop of a hat and highly aggressive.

You are ase u ming at every turn . Serving in a police force is grounds for saint hood I suppose. Lol face palm you sir are lost in space.
A sad loss for a family , the quoted poster above is the new poster child for Canada's current successful restrictive gun laws, whew .
Old 01-14-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:

How about "the dude carrying the deadly weapon, and thus the responsibility attached to it walks away and lets the authorities (in this case, the movie theater personnel) deal with a silly situation".

Sure, the old guy misses his movie. But the way this ended, he missed the movie, and will now miss what he'd planned for the rest of his life, too. The guy using deadly force has a responsibility to use it judiciously.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
You are ase u ming at every turn . Serving in a police force is grounds for saint hood I suppose. Lol face palm you sir are lost in space.
A sad loss for a family , the quoted poster above is the new poster child for Canada's current successful restrictive gun laws, whew .
You know that's really funny......in an ironic or moronic way. You do a bunch of assuming.....like because hes in the military, his actions will be better, and then take a giant leap off the edge and implying that I have given the shooter a pass because he's ex-police. Boy if you jump anymore your going to break a leg landing. Read some of my posts......I'm not a big fan of the current trend in policing and in the quality of officers.

So you sir (a say that liberally) are the one who is making an assumption of your self.

And the Pièce de résistance of your true motivations is conveyed in your last sentence. Your type and thinking is what many in here fought politically against for a long time.....a wasteful liberal hair brained scheme that disarms most while doing absolutely nothing towards criminals. Keep licking that liberal stamp....eventually you'll get everything you deserve.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
How about "the dude carrying the deadly weapon, and thus the responsibility attached to it walks away and lets the authorities (in this case, the movie theater personnel) deal with a silly situation".

Sure, the old guy misses his movie. But the way this ended, he missed the movie, and will now miss what he'd planned for the rest of his life, too. The guy using deadly force has a responsibility to use it judiciously.
Ok now that's a statement or two that I can accept.

But you did read where the old guy went and reported the other guys behavior to management. It was when he returned that things escalated. Probably because the ignorant texter didn't appreciate being reported on.

If someone is going to mgmt, its obvious other actions didn't work.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 PM
Banned

Cool

A banner day in the us, todays numbers. youngest school shooter 12, wow thats a new low. Todays oldest shooter 71 . As of today 30 school shootings since new town . Man thats sickening on an average day the us has 245 shootings with an average of 80 deaths. Civilised it shure shows . The only statistic that is really relevant over 300 million firearms , I wonder how many more they need before it gets safer.
The iconic emblem of the free world is collapsing under the responsibility of of its own freedom . So sad they had the world by the horns and at some point lost the light.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Banned

Lessons Learned:

Don't bring popcorn too a gun fight. Wait......let me rephrase that...Popcorn should not be used as a weapon. Too soft and fluffy to be effective against bullets.

Keep your cellphone off when in theatre; nothing worse than douche texting/chatting away during the flick. It just may get you killed.

Don't bully senior citizens, Old guys also know they can no longer fight the same fight they could in their youth. They are more likely to just kill you than to fight with you.

Sounds like they were both jacked up watching this movie aka "Rocky". All the fights in the lobby after the movie....as per Eddy Murphy.

An Armed Society Is A Polite Society