Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Well that was a hell of game I must say...

I am happier for Pitts then I thought I would be...

What a save by MAF in the final 5 secs...WOW...

The smile on young faces and old veterans was awesome...
That save was something else. Lidstrom had the corner labeled. Wow! Yep - great game and awesome finish.

Now the question is how long will Pitts hang on to the torch. They definitely have a great core there now. As long as they can keep bringing in the right supporting staff, they'll be good for a long time.

I felt a little bad for all of the Wings, except for Hossa That is the best part of all of this. He picked the wrong team.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mm-08 View Post
Now this just seems silly now...

Did I just burn 7mm-08??? I think so
Old 06-12-2009, 09:43 PM

Fantastic game . Really proud of them young guys to pull there emotions together and the veterans to rally the troops especially after game 5 when Peter Sykora went over to Marc Andre Flurie told him to prepare for the next game and they won , and won at home against Detroit . Ive been saying this all day that Obama couldnt bail out Detroit tonight and well I was right hell of a game .
Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
That save was something else. Lidstrom had the corner labeled. Wow! Yep - great game and awesome finish.

Now the question is how long will Pitts hang on to the torch. They definitely have a great core there now. As long as they can keep bringing in the right supporting staff, they'll be good for a long time.

I felt a little bad for all of the Wings, except for Hossa That is the best part of all of this. He picked the wrong team.
Great game!!! What a save by MAF to win the cup!!! I guess that save will make him forget about the WJHC finally! How can you feel bad for Detroit? Do not forget they were so tired at the all star break that both players they had VOTED IN BY THE FANS could not find it in them to join all star week end. Great way to end the year for Detroit in my mind! Maybe now they will realize they are not the best thing since sliced bread!! A few more Canadiens on their roster and maybe they would of had enough heart to battle off a victory in a game 7!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:19 PM

Well said Goober. I love game 7's and this one lived up to all the hype. Favorite part was when they showed MAF talking to the crossbar that was butes in my books. My hat goes off to them for not giving up. The right team won.

MM
Old 06-13-2009, 02:16 AM

I like the penguins, minus crosby. Good for them for winning the cup. its just too bad crosby was on the team.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 AM

The brutal thing is I never bet a thing on the game and I should've.Everyone I know won everything from a pack of smokes to a bunch of beer.... not that it means much cause we're all going to drink it anyway. I seen it comiing and should'be bet a couple hundred dollars on it like I was gonna and would've broke even for the BBQ tonight. I made BBEER BUT CHICKENS & 3 HR SMOKED SPARE RIBS!!Man were they ever tasteyyyyy.The game turned out like we all thought and every thing is all good!!
The best thing is I gained a 1600 acre prime piece of hunting land that I already knew of but could never get on but gined access all because of my great hospitaliity to a iron
worker that was doing a friend a favor of drywalling for the evening after work.A hell of a guy!! We're gong to shoot the .223's at gophers tommorow and check out the property.Ps. everyone enoyed the beer but chicken and ribbs to death!! Can't waot tto;; next seaspm/ Tine out and I'm don e!!It's been a long day and I'm gong to bed!YI HA
Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 AM

Wow and wow! June 12th I won't soon forget. No BB that wasn't me in your article, but excellent burn though. You're coming along nicely.

Great save for sure. In the end, I think that the wings just looked gassed and the better team won. What a performance by Talbot. Remember, he is the one that wanted to tell Hossa that he picked the wrong team! How satisfying would that have been?!! Especially when they got to hold the Cup aloft in the Wing's barn. Very sweet redemption indeed.

Congrats to BOTH teams on the best final since '94. And a huge shout out to BrownBear416, on the most popular thread in board history. Have a great summer boys..........I'm out.

Tree
Old 06-13-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
How can you feel bad for Detroit? Do not forget they were so tired at the all star break that both players they had VOTED IN BY THE FANS could not find it in them to join all star week end. Great way to end the year for Detroit in my mind! Maybe now they will realize they are not the best thing since sliced bread!!
I hear you man. I didn't actually feel bad for them, I just wanted to get the point across that I was happy Hossa lost and I didn't want to sound too cold . You're right though - the team as a whole definitely doesn't deserve any sympathy.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Wow and wow! June 12th I won't soon forget. No BB that wasn't me in your article, but excellent burn though. You're coming along nicely.
Ya...in all the excitement I too forgot to congratulate BB on the very nice burn. I guess everyone has to get lucky sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Congrats to BOTH teams on the best final since '94. And a huge shout out to BrownBear416, on the most popular thread in board history. Have a great summer boys..........I'm out.
I agree. There were some dull points in the series (game 5) but when looking at it as a whole it was the most exciting final since '94 for me too. Mostly because of game 6 and 7.

Thanks again for starting the thread BB. There are some great guys to talk hockey with on here. Looking forward to next season.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post
I like the penguins, minus crosby. Good for them for winning the cup. its just too bad crosby was on the team.
they wouldnt have been there without him.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
they wouldnt have been there without him.
Pitt does not win the Washington series if Crosby is not there. His importance to the team was clear last night during the interviews when every player claimed him as there leader! Guerin went as far as saying they wanted to win it for him as he deserved it, and that is coming from a guy who was only there for the last couple weeks of the season.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:15 PM

Ya what a great game 7 and I agree with Goober....I feel nothing for Detroit

Thanks to everyone who Participated in Our thread.I feel honored to be able to chat with such a great bunch of people about the greatest game on earth...

I am all hockeyed out and am excited to start heavy scouting for fall soon..

I hope everyone has a great summer and look for the 09/10 NHL thread coming to the General Discussion sooner then you think ...

3000+ Posts and 35,000 views....wow...I imagine the majority of the views were good looking females wanting to sneak a peak at the FroHawk but that just one mans Opinion....
Old 06-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Ya what a great game 7 and I agree with Goober....I feel nothing for Detroit

Thanks to everyone who Participated in Our thread.I feel honored to be able to chat with such a great bunch of people about the greatest game on earth...

I am all hockeyed out and am excited to start heavy scouting for fall soon..

I hope everyone has a great summer and look for the 09/10 NHL thread coming to the General Discussion sooner then you think ...

3000+ Posts and 35,000 views....wow...I imagine the majority of the views were good looking females wanting to sneak a peak at the FroHawk but that just one mans Opinion....
The only blonde rug you gonna attract with that Feaux hawk is the bear you shot.....
Old 06-13-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
The only blonde rug you gonna attract with that Feaux hawk is the bear you shot.....
Just had to get one final Low Blow in eh??
Old 06-14-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Just had to get one final Low Blow in eh??
Don't hate the Playa hate the game......
Old 06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Banned

Monster thread.. Well done!!

I read the Sun this AM. This was Mrs Sutter's (Mom Sutter) coment in regars to a snippy coment made by a reporter out of Vancouver (In regards to Brent perhaps being the head coach of Calgary)

""I didnt like a lady from Vancouver talking sports the other night saying " Brent might be in Calgary" and the phrase she used was "isnt that cozy" said Grace.
I thought, "You stupid women", she probably doesnt know a puck from a baseball"

I thought that was very funny. I wonder if the Sutters got all of their toughness from Mom?

Gota love that family.
Oh and yet another shot for our friend Kanon, did you know that the Penguins also had cap issues and had to send a player down to the minors???

Kanon, if you want a few laughs, go back and read some of the posts from the beiging. You and I were jawing about the BOA. Good chuckles there I tell you.

Jamie
Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 AM

another season has ended, hats off to the pens, they deserved it.
watch out for next year! as you all know and i'm sure will agree the flames will be un-beatable. there's no way they can lose; what with kippy, zippy, iggy and piggy at the top of their game! the only reason the oilers dominated them in the eightys was because lanny was waiting for his moustache to grow in!
keep rooting all you calgary fans! soon you will be on par with the hab fans; all it takes is practice.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by el sparko View Post
another season has ended, hats off to the pens, they deserved it.
watch out for next year! as you all know and i'm sure will agree the flames will be un-beatable. there's no way they can lose; what with kippy, zippy, iggy and piggy at the top of their game! the only reason the oilers dominated them in the eightys was because lanny was waiting for his moustache to grow in!
keep rooting all you calgary fans! soon you will be on par with the hab fans; all it takes is practice.
Still upsett over not making the playoffs?? (AGAIN)
It's ok, you still have the Esks...
Oh wait, they sucked last year as well.

Jamie
Old 06-14-2009, 12:52 PM

OH you just know I can't let Corporal Calgary get the last word in here..... first off yep Pitt sent Satan down to the minors but they had put him on waivers first and tried to trade him in order to clear cap space. There GM wasnt on TV looking like he didn't know how this had eluded him.
Secondly with our revamped roster the Stamps will be once again our poor dirt cousins. Geez remember the last time you hosted a Grey Cup Game, well I am sure we will make our selves at home in your quaint little dressing room......