Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2014, 07:25 PM

I'm thinking the attitudes on both their parts bear responsibility, and even the apathetic theatre manager has a tiny bit of this on his or her hands. The retired cop may have taken an overly assertive initial approach which then got the texters defensive hackles up. The texter could have left it alone when the retired cop returned from trying to get management to do something, but he started pressing the old fellows buttons like a douche when he could have just left it at that. Their mutual stubbornness has now left both of their wives and families without them, that's not protecting your family so far as I'm concerned. Protecting your family is still being there for them.

A good lawyer would get some money for either party out of the theatre based on managements negligence of dealing with the situation.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:28 PM

The media has never seen a firearm tragedy they wouldn't exploit, or a positive firearm story they wouldn't ignore.

As horrible as these stories are, they are the exception, not the rule. Context is everything.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
A banner day in the us, todays numbers. youngest school shooter 12, wow thats a new low. Todays oldest shooter 71 . As of today 30 school shootings since new town . Man thats sickening on an average day the us has 245 shootings with an average of 80 deaths. Civilised it shure shows . The only statistic that is really relevant over 300 million firearms , I wonder how many more they need before it gets safer.
The iconic emblem of the free world is collapsing under the responsibility of of its own freedom . So sad they had the world by the horns and at some point lost the light.
Here we go. The real anti gun motivations.

Fish...... Gunner......how ironic!!!!!!

Last edited by BlackHeart; 01-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
Lessons Learned:

Don't bring popcorn too a gun fight. Wait......let me rephrase that...Popcorn should not be used as a weapon. Too soft and fluffy to be effective against bullets.
Now that's funny!!!

Going to stop this and load up some 300 win Orville Redinbacher with Butter powder.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
If Government allows people to carry firearms everywhere people will die.

Where is the debate?

What a sad and stupid tragedy.
Yup, you win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Everybody carrying guns is like everybody having winter tires. Most people will behave and the people who would act up more will still do he same, the now have a gun and become an even bigger knob and more people get hurt.
I'm not even sure what side you're on but that analogy isn't exactly sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
A banner day in the us, todays numbers. youngest school shooter 12, wow thats a new low. Todays oldest shooter 71 . As of today 30 school shootings since new town . Man thats sickening on an average day the us has 245 shootings with an average of 80 deaths. Civilised it shure shows . The only statistic that is really relevant over 300 million firearms , I wonder how many more they need before it gets safer.
The iconic emblem of the free world is collapsing under the responsibility of of its own freedom . So sad they had the world by the horns and at some point lost the light.
Very sickening. Where did you read of the number of shootings since Newtown? Please PM me the article if you have it on hand. Edit: There have actually been 32 since Connecticut.

Last edited by pinelakeperch; 01-14-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
Here we go. The real anti gun motivations.

Fish...... Gunner......how ironic!!!!!!
Amazing what fire arms traing teaches. The numbers speak for them selves. I did not give a twelve yr old a twelve gauge or a retired police officer a pistol . Both seemingly law abiding citizen's till these tragic incidents . US gun laws did. More guns right that will fix It. Please prove the numbers wrong .
Old 01-15-2014, 01:11 AM

Feel that strongly about it turn in your guns mate.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:59 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyelk View Post
Feel that strongly about it turn in your guns mate.
My guns stay in the safe till its range time or november.I dont own a pistol .once or twice a year that I may show some one, they are clearance drilled and witnessed even though the were cleared and witnessed when being stored. The ammo and bolt is stored in an other safe and my pump is cycled open so the trigger lock stops the action easily being closed. Safe as houses. My oldest girl has had extensive time having the same habits drilled as to how to safely handle a firearm. Have misfire on a cold windy night wearing glove and gogglez because of the sand , it hammers home good practices. BWOOOOOooooooo○○○○○○บบบบบบบ.