Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

Thx for the update tree,, sounds like you and the kids are havin a great time... Cherish these moments bro they don't last long.. Some of the best times the boys and I have had were when we were left alone for a few days... Keep a strain on er...
Old 12-08-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
I think operation Magpie requires explosives?
or an improvised flame thrower (that way they are done and don't need to be plucked)
Old 12-08-2007, 07:33 PM

hey treeguy, are you OK? we have not heard from you in a while....
Old 12-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Hope he never took my advice with the use of explosives with "Operation Magpie".
Old 12-08-2007, 07:50 PM

maby "operation magpie" backfired and they got him.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:11 PM

Still here boys. Kids are finally asleep....end of day 2.

Hmmmm. Flamethrower? Haven't made that one work yet. BTW, has anyone seen my dog?

Wifey caught wind of the brake stand with her van and put the kiabosh on that plan.

However, we have learned a few things about baiting magpies. They, like me, like left over pizza! Also, with action, the kids are HIGHLY motivated spotters!

The initial shooting lane from our blind/dining room ment that, as a right handed shooter, I had to slide the window open all the way from left to right. After the first couple of botched shots, they figured out the movement thing right away.

Sooooo, I busted another screen in the kitchen in order to only have to move the window an inch or so to stick the barrel out. They figured that one out also. Here's where it gets funny....

I 'locked and loaded' stuck the barrel out the window, lined up on the bait pile which is now sporting a dish of dog food, proped the stock up with the toaster and waited....

Managed 2 shots. First was a misfire as the cheap BB gun is only good for 3 out of 4 down the pipe. Second was deflected by the stupid fence (thought I had that solved) and hit it in the azz.

I've been trying for a clean head-shot, but now that they are paranoid, they don't sit still for too long. Maybe in the morning I'll try and just 'gimp' one and go from there.

Stay tuned.....

Tree
Old 12-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Final day, our peerless leader gets home in a couple of hours......thank God!

The house is clean, but not TOO clean if ya know what I mean.

Only managed one shot today and missed. Sheeze, I thought bowhunting was hard. In the words of every hunter, "I'm gonna need another gun"! The 'ol Daisy just doesn't seem up to the challange, but that is a happy/sad sort of thing.

Thanks to all for reading/participating. We've had a fun weekend, and I hope you got a few chuckles out of the thread!

Tree

Last edited by TreeGuy; 12-09-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Good to hear the BOSS will be home in short order

Now she can line you all up against the wall and interrogate each and every one of the kids to see what has taken place .

(have you put a heater in the dog house yet , to get it warmed up ?)

Then she can start the repair list, starting with the screens ! You shouldn't be wack'n Magpies anyway ! Around here they have been a god send ! I have mouse traps, and three cats. End up with lots of corpses that need cleaning up & they do so each and every morning !

Not to mention the Ute parts I've been getting lately
.270 130gr BTSPs are not "fur friendly"

If you are not on line in the next few days, we undrstand fella
Old 12-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Intended for TreeGuy

i was left at home with our 11 month old today. she is walking and is in to everything--what i am saying is she wore me out today. she finally settled down for a nap this AM. just as i was about to change the channel from the Cartoon Network to the Discovery Channel i heard Loonette ask Molly if she wanted to take a bath with her. Best Big Comfy Couch Episode ever!