Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2018, 10:43 PM

Eat it Ducks!!!! Karma! That's what you get for playing like a pack of dirty Ducks!!

Flames deserved that one 100%.

Now if the Ducks plane could have some mechanical trouble over the Rockies on the flight home....i hate the Ducks!

Whooooooohooooo!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-06-2018, 10:46 PM

Sweet!!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:53 PM

Glad to see the Flames beat the Ducks, and nice to see Hamilton get the winning goal. (Unfortunately Matthew Tchachuk-Avery was awarded a point)
Old 01-06-2018, 10:59 PM

A smart and patient winning goal. Great game with fine goaltending, a good fight and a goal by Tkachuk.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
I really think its time to stop it (fighting)... any attempt to injure should be treated the same I think, ie: strictly
You should quit watching it if you don't like then, think there's a soccer or basketball game on somewhere.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
You should quit watching it if you don't like then, think there's a soccer or basketball game on somewhere.
I just like hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GoQxELYJFE

Edit: If I want to watch a fight I'll tune into one.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:35 AM

Great game.... Hated the.short handed goal (ugh). 2 big points.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
That's the Ducks for you...slew foot your goalie behind net. Bennett sure took it to Manson, he's a tough kid.
What a dirty play!!, I am working so missed the third but just caught highlites. Man I hate them, expect nothing less from a Duck.. Glad the boys took care of it. I have no problems with a fight where both are willing.
Great win, now keep foot on the gas. Leave the Oil in the dust and all will be right in the world..
Old 01-07-2018, 07:28 AM

Is Jagr done with the Flames ?
Old 01-07-2018, 08:10 AM

I like Tkachuk. He seems to give the Flames a boost in energy. Great win.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
Is Jagr done with the Flames ?
It seems like it, apparently they are in discussion about how to proceed. Commentators talked about it a bit after the game. Doesn't sound finalized, but work in progress.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
It seems like it, apparently they are in discussion about how to proceed. Commentators talked about it a bit after the game. Doesn't sound finalized, but work in progress.
Hmmm?...I thought that was "a million dollars well spent"..?
Old 01-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Hmmm?...I thought that was "a million dollars well spent"..?
1 mill for Jagr over the Lucic deal any day .
Old 01-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
1 mill for Jagr over the Lucic deal any day .
I gotta admit, Flames fans are funny. Anything said about any of their players and it's "Oh!...look over there!".LOL. You guys hate Corey Perry, but a jerk like Tkachuk "gives the team energy"
Old 01-07-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I gotta admit, Flames fans are funny. Anything said about any of their players and it's "Oh!...look over there!".LOL. You guys hate Corey Perry, but a jerk like Tkachuk "gives the team energy"
Tkachuk is the cleanest player on the team. I have no idea what your talking about . But Perry? That scum bag, don't even get me started.

Got to stand up for the boys!!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I think there are some fundamental differences between the two. Admittedly, Tkachuck is a really provacative player, gets in your face, chirps, and all that good stuff....but he will do it right out in the open, he isn't shy about it and he will answer the bell if somebody calls him out.

Perry is a slithering coward, it's all sneaky behind the play stuff, looking around to make sure the ref isn't watching and then trip a player on the way to the bench like he did (again) last night. Or taking his stupid little run at Smith between the periods...just a sneaky b*tch. And he hides behind Manson or whoever is available if he gets called out. The only time I've ever seen him answer any bell is if it's with some little guy that he knows won't school him properly.

Not to say that I don't agree with you about Chuckie, I'd hate him if he was on the Oilers and we had to deal with that crap from him. But he is ours! And he does have some great hockey skills too.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I think there are some fundamental differences between the two. Admittedly, Tkachuck is a really provacative player, gets in your face, chirps, and all that good stuff....but he will do it right out in the open, he isn't shy about it and he will answer the bell if somebody calls him out.

Perry is a slithering coward, it's all sneaky behind the play stuff, looking around to make sure the ref isn't watching and then trip a player on the way to the bench like he did (again) last night. Or taking his stupid little run at Smith between the periods...just a sneaky b*tch. And he hides behind Manson or whoever is available if he gets called out. The only time I've ever seen him answer any bell is if it's with some little guy that he knows won't school him properly.

Not to say that I don't agree with you about Chuckie, I'd hate him if he was on the Oilers and we had to deal with that crap from him. But he is ours! And he does have some great hockey skills too.
He draws a ton of penalties and is third in points, too. What's not to like?
Old 01-07-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propliner View Post
He draws a ton of penalties and is third in points, too. What's not to like?
Exctly. And he has Pedigree. His dad fought Kesler, and so did he! Perfect way to pass the torch!

Old 01-07-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

Look at me go!!
I was fortunate enough to get invited to the game last night as well. Thats 2 games in a row! Both were awesome games.

Oh and Tkachuck is awesome. He scores, he leads, he has it all. I want his brother as well.
He is always in the middle of everything. No issues going to the net and answers the bell. In a very short time, he has garnered some respect around the league for his ability. To compare him to Avery is a amazing brain fart. Do you actually watch the games?

Did they show Smith go to the Ducks bench on TV? I thought a bomb was about to go off. At times last night it seemed we were one spark away from a total melt down. Such intensity and passion last night. How come all games can't be like the last couple?

Anyhow, my truck had to have a sleep over at the Dome. Stupid heroin beer.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Sounds like you had a great time, and I envy that you were there for the game. Ducks were getting beat at hockey so of course had to resort to being Ducks...which is the letter 'I' away from what they are. But Flames got nasty too, and beat them like a red headed step child. Was beautiful to see! I really like Chuckie too, but doubt we'll get his brother (though I'd love to have him too!).

Old 01-07-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Look at me go!!
I was fortunate enough to get invited to the game last night as well. Thats 2 games in a row! Both were awesome games.

Oh and Tkachuck is awesome. He scores, he leads, he has it all. I want his brother as well.
He is always in the middle of everything. No issues going to the net and answers the bell. In a very short time, he has garnered some respect around the league for his ability. To compare him to Avery is a amazing brain fart. Do you actually watch the games?

Did they show Smith go to the Ducks bench on TV? I thought a bomb was about to go off. At times last night it seemed we were one spark away from a total melt down. Such intensity and passion last night. How come all games can't be like the last couple?

Ok maybe Avery wasn't a perfect comparison as he doesn't match Tkachuk's offensive output, but their on-ice antics are similar. Maybe Kesler would be a better comparison. Either way, I don't like their style of play no matter how effective it is. Way too greasy, kind of like a Duck.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Ok maybe Avery wasn't a perfect comparison as he doesn't match Tkachuk's offensive output, but their on-ice antics are similar. Maybe Kesler would be a better comparison. Either way, I don't like their style of play no matter how effective it is. Way too greasy, kind of like a Duck.
In todays hockey, its all we have left. Cant fight, can't hit, he is becoming the hero of Minor hockey.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like you had a great time, and I envy that you were there for the game. Ducks were getting beat at hockey so of course had to resort to being Ducks...which is the letter 'I' away from what they are. But Flames got nasty too, and beat them like a red headed step child. Was beautiful to see! I really like Chuckie too, but doubt we'll get his brother (though I'd love to have him too!).
This tickets last night were a 100% surprise. I got them at 7 PM.
Good seats as well. Flames attack end right on the goal line 1/2 way up the 2nd bowl. It was different sitting there as my 1/4 seasons are on the rail in the Press Level. More energy it seems.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Look at me go!!

I'd take both Tkachuck brothers over the Hamiltons any day!
Old 01-08-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
In todays hockey, its all we have left. Cant fight, can't hit, he is becoming the hero of Minor hockey.
Those players have been around forever. If you are an Oiler fan you will remember Tikkanen or Linesman.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
Those players have been around forever. If you are an Oiler fan you will remember Tikkanen or Linesman.
Yeah big Oilers fan here.............................................. ....................

He is more than those you mentioned. He is almost a Hi-bred player. Kinda of a all in one guy. He is a pest, he will agitate, he will fight, he will lead, he does score, he goes to the tough places on the ice.
He walks the line I know he does, but what serious cheap shot have seen him give (Ok, the one elbow was big)? What comments in the paper has he made? Guys love him that play with him.

I would say the game after his suspension for the elbow was the point I started to really respect him. He gave the whole Kings organization the chance to get their pound of flesh from him. Then he still took a big run at Doughty. This is all after stretching on the red line during warm ups and letting everyone know he had shown up.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/12/...lames-nhl-2017

Jamie
Old 01-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
Never the same as the 80's guys.....
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Correct, Tkachuk isn't really an 80's guy, more of a Khadri/Dustin Brown. Effective yes, easy to hate, yes. Not really the kind of guys that anyone sheds a tear over if they get badly injured, but just sneaky/greasy enough to avoid injury.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 PM

The Jagr experiment is over. It was worth a try, glad they're moving on sooner rather than later.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:09 AM

Big game tonight. Hopefully they show up with the same intensity they did against Anaheim.