Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-17-2022, 07:47 AM

Default how, where, and when?

haven't had a game tag for over 30 years but I do have a win card. where does one go for tags and when? I would imagine the protocol is light years ahead of what it used to be. I'm the neanderthal sitting in front of a tv that isn't turned on.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:05 AM

I always go to sporting goods in LLB for mine. But you can normally get them at bigger stores like Canadian tire or even some gas stations. A quick google search should give you the info you need for your area.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:09 AM

If you have the relm app on your phone, you can ask them to send you tags
Old 03-17-2022, 03:08 PM

Depending what you are after, they updated the AlbertaRelm website a few years ago. If you are interested in hunting this fall, you may need to spend some time and get a number for your Hunters Ed. If you've taken the courses before, you should just be able to call them and get a new hunter ed number issued. The website does require a number now, especially if you haven't had a tag in that many years.

If you've never taken the Hunters Ed Course from that long ago, it could make you jump through a hoop or two.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:55 AM

Always thought that IF you have a WIN and have bought tags before you are good to go regardless of hunter Ed.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
haven't had a game tag for over 30 years but I do have a win card. where does one go for tags and when? I would imagine the protocol is light years ahead of what it used to be. I'm the neanderthal sitting in front of a tv that isn't turned on.
Why get legal now?

Kidding On a google search , yeah it looks like LLB Sporting Goods may be the only place in Boyle to buy licenses and get tags. Get a copy of the hunting regs from them first and read up on new stuff. I don't know what the percentage would be but I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of hunters are buying their licenses online now. Check this out and get with the 21st century: https://www.albertarelm.com/identify...e71855eb1c1ba5
Old 03-18-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Always thought that IF you have a WIN and have bought tags before you are good to go regardless of hunter Ed.
They tried cracking down on this a few years ago. Don't know if they were successful or not.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingAlberta View Post
They tried cracking down on this a few years ago. Don't know if they were successful or not.
Check the correct box on the application form!

And only check one box!

The options are separated by the word “or”

Sure I took hunters Ed back in 1977, AHEIA has no records that far back(tried a hand full of years back) so I only check the previously held box come renewal time.

There are no absolutes