Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-17-2014, 04:21 PM

a lot of chest pounding on here all experts I might as well join in . started off as a weapons tech then infantry then armoured. leopard tank has a big assault gun. but im no expert just a guy who no something about rifles and such but always learning

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 03-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So all that you need to do, is convince the bad guy with the shotgun, to let everyone walk away until they are out of shotgun range. I am sure that he will be only too happy to comply with you request.
Lol who said your standing beside the guy to start with . You guys just make this up as you go lol .
Old 03-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Banned

My neighbours "assault dog" jumped up on my other neighbours kid and knocked it into a puddle today. BAN ALL DOGS
Old 03-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
My neighbours "assault dog" jumped up on my other neighbours kid and knocked it into a puddle today. BAN ALL DOGS
It was the assault kids fault. It is a proven fact that if we stopped having kids crime would plumet. Ban all children.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
It was the assault kids fault. It is a proven fact that if we stopped having kids crime would plumet. Ban all children.
It takes a man and woman to make an assault kid.... ban heterosexual marriages
Old 03-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Banned

http://www.bassassaultlures.com/

Ban these lures... the name of them scares me
Old 03-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
So you are saying the 870 Police is an assault shotgun, and the wing master is a sporting gun? Keep in mind the only difference is barrel length (unless you put on a different barrel, or prune the one you bought it with)

Also keep in mind, I have field stripped numerous 870s, so I am what you'd call an expert.
No actually we call them "riot guns " shot gun with a short barrel 20-18 odd inches. Extended tube to increase capacity . Light weight or folding stock to increase portability reduce fatige of handling . Or did I and the media make that up lol so yes there is a classification for a combat shot gun. trench gun is another form or correct classification . You guy are going to have to do better they dont just make this stuff up .lol
Old 03-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
No actually we call them "riot guns " shot gun with a short barrel 20-18 odd inches. Extended tube to increase capacity . Light weight or folding stock to increase portability reduce fatige of handling . Or did I and the media make that up lol so yes there is a classification for a combat shot gun. trench gun is another form or correct classification . You guy are going to have to do better they dont just make this stuff up .lol
Its a gun.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

So you dont read history much do you . Sub machine gun guess where that comes from . Rail gun two differnt types do you know both . Lol you can place assault infront of any thing you like it will never change the intent and design of said item . Your opinion is just that the fact that assault rifle existed since ww2 is not my opinion its a recorded fact yo a style /design thay did not exist till that time . Nice try though. Note not once have used the word ban or restrict, simply that a classification exists.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:

You think that's scary???
Check this out

http://www.trueswords.com/spring-ass...le-p-5901.html

Please wont someone think of the children and ban ban ban

OK Im going to quit now before I get banned
Old 03-17-2014, 05:15 PM

the sks is a combat rifle same as the fnc1a1 m1 garand combat rifle. ak 47 assault rifle c7 assault rifle .. but who really cares cause the rcmp class everthing that goes bang as a assault weapon which is a made up name to scare the public

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 03-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Its a gun.
Then in so far as it does not have rifled barrel you are correct . Why do we have all these classifications
Revolver
Slide action pistol
Machine pistol
Lever action rifle
Bolt action rifle
Semi auto rifle
Assault rifle
Auto rifle
Chain gun
Gattling gun
Gpmg
Auto cannon
When if we could just say gun .
Its simple really it describes the action and or the design . Calvary carbine . Or do we call it a short barrled rifle for use off horse back .
Old 03-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you dont read history much do you . Sub machine gun guess where that comes from . Rail gun two differnt types do you know both . Lol you can place assault infront of any thing you like it will never change the intent and design of said item . Your opinion is just that the fact that assault rifle existed since ww2 is not my opinion its a recorded fact yo a style /design thay did not exist till that time . Nice try though. Note not once have used the word ban or restrict, simply that a classification exists.
please defragment that into something I can understand or is there even a point to this load

Ill guess that ive never seen a rail gun before. Isnt an uzi a submachine gun it fires pistol rounds fully automatic... why are you quizzing me
who are you hiding from?

Last edited by Burglecut83; 03-17-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:18 PM

shot gun is a gun so is a the m777 is a gun . arifle is a rifle pistol is a pistol

Old 03-17-2014, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
the sks is a combat rifle same as the fnc1a1 m1 garand combat rifle. ak 47 assault rifle c7 assault rifle .. but who really cares cause the rcmp class everthing that goes bang as a assault weapon which is a made up name to scare the public
this is right
you nailed it
a lot of responsible gun owners now have caches of assault weapons
Sounds kinda crazy really
Old 03-17-2014, 05:22 PM
Banned

From the above:

What do I tell the average person on the street about this mess?

I read about wanna be army people who want to disarm us.

The coalition for gun confiscation is trying to make every gun into a mass killing assault rifle.

The RCMP are not under the control of the Harper government.

Thank you.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
The point I am trying to make, which is flying over your head, or bouncing off your skull, is that the media or RCMP calling gun x an 'assault weapon' does not make it so. The SKS, XCR, AR15 etc. are not 'assault rifles'. The M-16, M-4,AK-47, C6 etc are 'Assault rifles'. Yes, they are visually similar, and have some interchangeable components, but they are not the same. To allow the media and spokespeople from the RCMP to repeatedly uses this misnomer for our sporting rifles allows them to impart a negative connotation on the rifles that thousands of us use legally for recreation, hunting, and livestock protection on a daily basis. Ultimately this influences the court of public opinion, which is a powerful force that we need in our corner if we have any hope of maintaining our shooting sports.

Allowing the powers that be to call an SKS without correction opens a door for those who want to eradicate private firearms ownership. It has been mentioned before, and is unfortunately fairly realistic, that a scoped bolt action soon becomes a 'sniper rifle' in the eyes of the media. Forget my 870 comparison, what is the difference between the Remington 700 VLS, and the 700P? How about a Tikka T3 Varmint and the T3 Tactical?

Put the right spin doctor on the job, and they are the next 'evil black gun'
Old 03-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
please defragment that into something I can understand or is there even a point to this load

Ill guess that ive never seen a rail gun before. Isnt an uzi a submachine gun it fires pistol rounds fully automatic... why are you quizzing me
who are you hiding from?
Rail gun from ww2 now called a rail way gun given the advance in tech.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...witzer1917.jpg
The modern rail gun is an electric propulsion system to drive a projectile at speeds up to mach 7 .
Same name (till recently ) two completely different systems . Just an example of why specific clarification of some systems is required.
Me ive got nothing to hide or hide from know a fair few members personally.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
An assault rifle is a selective fire (selective between semi-automatic, fully automatic and/or burst fire) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1] Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Note the difference between the assault rifle and the battle rifle. Assault rifles use smaller cartridges and are used at closer ranges than battle rifles. The larger sized rifle cartridges used in battle rifles make fully automatic fire more difficult. Fully automatic fire refers to an ability for a rifle to fire continuously while the trigger is pressed and held; "burst-capable" fire refers to an ability of a rifle to fire a small yet fixed multiple number of rounds with but one press of the trigger; in contrast, semi-automatic refers to an ability to fire one round per press of a trigger regardless of how long the trigger is held. The presence of selective fire modes on assault rifles permits more efficient use of rounds to be fired for specific needs, versus having a single mode of operation, such as fully automatic, thereby conserving ammunition while maximizing on-target accuracy and effectiveness.

Examples of assault rifles include the StG 44, AK-47,[2] M16 rifle, INSAS rifle,QBZ-95, FAMAS, Heckler & Koch G36, and Enfield SA80.

Where did you get this description? I sent an email to the rcmp and they stated that there is no legal definition of an "assault" rifle in Canada.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Examples of assault rifles include the StG 44, AK-47,[2] M16 rifle, INSAS rifle,QBZ-95, FAMAS, Heckler & Koch G36, and Enfield SA80. its what the military calls them .......

Old 03-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Rail gun from ww2 now called a rail way gun given the advance in tech.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...witzer1917.jpg
The modern rail gun is an electric propulsion system to drive a projectile at speeds up to mach 7 .
Same name (till recently ) two completely different systems . Just an example of why specific clarification of some systems is required.
Me ive got nothing to hide or hide from know a fair few members personally.
Why are you scared
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
The point I am trying to make, which is flying over your head, or bouncing off your skull, is that the media or RCMP calling gun x an 'assault weapon' does not make it so. The SKS, XCR, AR15 etc. are not 'assault rifles'. The M-16, M-4,AK-47, C6 etc are 'Assault rifles'. Yes, they are visually similar, and have some interchangeable components, but they are not the same. To allow the media and spokespeople from the RCMP to repeatedly uses this misnomer for our sporting rifles allows them to impart a negative connotation on the rifles that thousands of us use legally for recreation, hunting, and livestock protection on a daily basis. Ultimately this influences the court of public opinion, which is a powerful force that we need in our corner if we have any hope of maintaining our shooting sports.

Allowing the powers that be to call an SKS without correction opens a door for those who want to eradicate private firearms ownership. It has been mentioned before, and is unfortunately fairly realistic, that a scoped bolt action soon becomes a 'sniper rifle' in the eyes of the media. Forget my 870 comparison, what is the difference between the Remington 700 VLS, and the 700P? How about a Tikka T3 Varmint and the T3 Tactical?

Put the right spin doctor on the job, and they are the next 'evil black gun'
Sorry you cant take the time to go over the thread . I full stated the sks is not an assault rifle. The xcr fully is ,a semi auto version is avalible. The ar semi auto is a rifle that is based on a assault rifle platform , so minus one position on a selector switch (which is a multi position switch ) its kinda spliting hairs . Gimme a min to read up on the other rifles you mentioned im sure its simple enough to deem the modifications made for the military to chose the weapon over a simple same caliber bolt gun .
Hay now why forget the 870 it was your example .... lol sorry guy its a classification it describes the design or intent. Ie goose gun of old you know exactly what that is ?? Why.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Why are you scared
Lol what is this scared you speak of .
Old 03-17-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
The ar semi auto is a rifle that is based on a assault rifle platform , so minus one position on a selector switch (which is a multi position switch ) its kinda spliting hairs .
If it's a semi automatic, it is not by definition, an assault rifle. It's really that simple.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If it's a semi automatic, it is not by definition, an assault rifle. It's really that simple.
Yes that is its classification , I submit at ten yrds you cant tell the difference . Not liable to mix it up with a lever gun now are we .
For swiffty . The folks a tikka dont say much about the varmint model 50 odd words one paragraph.
When it comes to consistent accuracy, be it at the range or on the plains, the Tikka T3 Varmint is hard to out-shoot. The free-floating precision barrel effectively eliminates vibration and will not overheat even in fast-paced varmint shooting. The synthetic stock has an extra-wide fore-end for bench resting, and the swivel stud accommodates both a bipod or a sling. The ergonomically-designed Varmint cheek piece provides comfortable head positioning with a large scope.
For some unknown reason they come up with oh maybe 300 word for the TAC version of the same rifle hmmmm how can that be . Lol there the same right ...... not .
When it comes to accuracy, the Tikka T3 TAC is in a class of its own. The free-floating barrel is made of match-grade Cr-Mo steel, and manufactured by a precision cold-hammer forging process by Sako craftsmen. The action and the barrel surfaces are Manganese-phosphatized for lasting protection against the elements and wear. The barrel features protected muzzle threading, providing attachment for optional Sako muzzle brake or suppressor assembly.The modern bolt has two front locking lugs and a spring-loaded reliable operation. The Teflon coating on the bolt ensures a non-reflecting surface and a smooth bolt throw. The 2-way safety behind the bolt handle locks both the bolt and the trigger. The trigger unit is adjustable with a hand-honed sear/trigger - without creep. A single set trigger is optional.The Picatinny rail on top of the action takes any Weaver or U.S. Mil.Std 1913 compatible mounts. New phospatized Tikka Optilock bases and rings are recommended for maximum accuracy and ease of use.The detachable straight-feeding single column magazine is silent, durable and non-rusting. The standard 5-round magazines are tailored to each caliber for ultimate reliability and performance.The stock is made of fiberglass reinforced copolymer polypropylene and features an ambidextrous palm swell. The wide fore-end has a swivel stud to take a bipod. The three sides of the stock are fitted with inserts which allow the use of heavy duty hook-type sling swivels. The recoil pad is of black rubber and the length of pull may be adjusted with spacers. The cheek piece is adjustable at 5 mm intervals, up to 25 mm (1”).Scope, scope mounts, bipod, muzzle brake and extra large bolt handles are optional, as well as are adjustable open sights and fore- and rear-stock fastened military type heavy duty sling studs for hook-type swivels.
Weird they just made up a whole bunch of stuff to make the tac version better lol.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes that is its classification , I submit at ten yrds you cant tell the difference . Not liable to mix it up with a lever gun now are we .
For swiffty . The folks a tikka dont say much about the varmint model 50 odd words one paragraph.
When it comes to consistent accuracy, be it at the range or on the plains, the Tikka T3 Varmint is hard to out-shoot. The free-floating precision barrel effectively eliminates vibration and will not overheat even in fast-paced varmint shooting. The synthetic stock has an extra-wide fore-end for bench resting, and the swivel stud accommodates both a bipod or a sling. The ergonomically-designed Varmint cheek piece provides comfortable head positioning with a large scope.
For some unknown reason they come up with oh maybe 300 word for the TAC version of the same rifle hmmmm how can that be . Lol there the same right ...... not .
When it comes to accuracy, the Tikka T3 TAC is in a class of its own. The free-floating barrel is made of match-grade Cr-Mo steel, and manufactured by a precision cold-hammer forging process by Sako craftsmen. The action and the barrel surfaces are Manganese-phosphatized for lasting protection against the elements and wear. The barrel features protected muzzle threading, providing attachment for optional Sako muzzle brake or suppressor assembly.The modern bolt has two front locking lugs and a spring-loaded reliable operation. The Teflon coating on the bolt ensures a non-reflecting surface and a smooth bolt throw. The 2-way safety behind the bolt handle locks both the bolt and the trigger. The trigger unit is adjustable with a hand-honed sear/trigger - without creep. A single set trigger is optional.The Picatinny rail on top of the action takes any Weaver or U.S. Mil.Std 1913 compatible mounts. New phospatized Tikka Optilock bases and rings are recommended for maximum accuracy and ease of use.The detachable straight-feeding single column magazine is silent, durable and non-rusting. The standard 5-round magazines are tailored to each caliber for ultimate reliability and performance.The stock is made of fiberglass reinforced copolymer polypropylene and features an ambidextrous palm swell. The wide fore-end has a swivel stud to take a bipod. The three sides of the stock are fitted with inserts which allow the use of heavy duty hook-type sling swivels. The recoil pad is of black rubber and the length of pull may be adjusted with spacers. The cheek piece is adjustable at 5 mm intervals, up to 25 mm (1”).Scope, scope mounts, bipod, muzzle brake and extra large bolt handles are optional, as well as are adjustable open sights and fore- and rear-stock fastened military type heavy duty sling studs for hook-type swivels.
Weird they just made up a whole bunch of stuff to make the tac version better lol.
All you seem able to do is regurgitate stuff that you google. Are you a robot?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Where did you get this description? I sent an email to the rcmp and they stated that there is no legal definition of an "assault" rifle in Canada.
Wikipedia
Old 03-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
All you seem able to do is regurgitate stuff that you google. Are you a robot?
No my grammar and spelling are garbage . Its better fo every one if I copy lol. Swifty asked whats the difference between two rifles of a similar origin . Uhh lots if you ask the folks at tikka. What do ya want my my kurburfal for ten paragraphs lol . Ill stick to the copy thing . At no point am I claiming my own words . Thanks though sloth .
Old 03-17-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I really don't understand why you find so much importance in what it looks like. Why should a gun face different standards because of its looks?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Now go and handle one of each. Aside from some extra trimmings on the TAC, they are identical. I have handled and fired both models, and the TAC was no different, aside from aesthetics.

What you are looking at on Google is called 'marketing'. The 'tactical' segment is huge right now in the firearms world. Why? I don't know exactly, I didn't do the market research. Look at Mossberg, they made a 'tactical' 30-30 for gods sake.

Point being, because it looks a certain way does not make it any more or less dangerous to the public. Unfortunately, the RC's don't see it that way, and will stoop as low as deliberate misinformation to make sure they have public support when they pull there reclassification BS.