Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 AM

Police and media fear mongering. They are both disgraceful and unworthy of respect.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 AM

omg! whats next , my ruger 10/22 gopher assault rifle .
Old 03-17-2014, 12:20 PM

I have a few semi auto center fire rifles, some are restricted some aren't. They are all the same color. The term assault rifle sounds just gay to me, I call them semi autos, cause that is what they are. I also have bolt action rifles. I call them bolt actions.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
I have a few semi auto center fire rifles, some are restricted some aren't. They are all the same color. The term assault rifle sounds just gay to me, I call them semi autos, cause that is what they are. I also have bolt action rifles. I call them bolt actions.
A selector switch and a large magazine would seperate a basic semi auto ie sks , 10/22 civilian b,a,r. The Ar platforms are virtually indistinguishable visually from the full auto versions and given capacity and selector meet most requirements of an assault rifle . Yet it is in fact a semi auto trying its hardest to be an assault rifle.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
A selector switch and a large magazine would seperate a basic semi auto ie sks , 10/22 civilian b,a,r. The Ar platforms are virtually indistinguishable visually from the full auto versions and given capacity and selector meet most requirements of an assault rifle . Yet it is in fact a semi auto trying its hardest to be an assault rifle.
So? It's not select fire, therefore not an "assault rifle", no matter how much you want it to be.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Assault rifle
Is it not a description of the way the tool is used?
Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
So? It's not select fire, therefore not an "assault rifle", no matter how much you want it to be.
Exactly! It doesn't matter how it's used, it isn't an assault rifle.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
So an F1 is just a car by your example or by desing is it a race car of the highest order with a very specific use.
Currently there are billions of miles of pipe doing its job as desined and intended. the fact you assult some one with a pipe does not make it any thing but a pipe. Yes a fire arm is a tool .. some have been designed for very specific purposes. Are you suggesting the us army got its deffinition wrong or the fact assault rifle as a term for a class /style of rifle has existed since wwll with no or little input from the media. Just like you can put a spoiler on a jetta but you dont have a race car because race cars have spoilers nice try though.
if the car gets raced it is a "race car" lol
just like a hook that's used for fishing is a "fish hook"
why don't you like select fire centre fire rifles anyways bubby?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
You are correct . However I have no wish for an ar to be an assault rifle.I dont like a rifle I cant identify at 10mtrs gives one the fight or fight responce. Ie shoot the holder oops sorry mate it's not full auto my bad .. better safe than sorry or is that for bears only and home intruders oh this is so confusing.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
if the car gets raced it is a "race car" lol
just like a hook that's used for fishing is a "fish hook"
why don't you like select fire centre fire rifles anyways bubby?
Yes a fishing hook is a fish hook no matter what it is used for .a car that is built to race is a race car a street car is termed " stock car racing " see even nascar gets it.
Imo a selector switch blurrs the line of civilian arms and mil arms . See I understand a rifle that is hard to identify gets folks going. ive walked rural roads many times with my SG my lever. 22. Never had an issue in 30 ish yrs. bet a dollar I cant walk road to road with out a police visit when carrying a mil styled arm . See how that works 30yrs with out an issue, ten min with a plastic wanna be . Perception is everything.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes a fishing hook is a fish hook no matter what it is used for .a car that is built to race is a race car a street car is termed " stock car racing " see even nascar gets it.
Imo a selector switch blurrs the line of civilian arms and mil arms . See I understand a rifle that is hard to identify gets folks going. ive walked rural roads many times with my SG my lever. 22. Never had an issue in 30 ish yrs. bet a dollar I cant walk road to road with out a police visit when carrying a mil styled arm . See how that works 30yrs with out an issue, ten min with a plastic wanna be . Perception is everything.
oh I see you are with the scary looking so ban it rather than educate crowd. Awesome! thanks for supporting the shooting sports bub. One minute I can have a wood stocked ruger 10/22 remove a screw or two and drop it in a tactical stock and have an assault weapon. Same gun. An informed person would know that its a gun regardless of how it looks. Uninformed people will think its scary and a military assault rifle when other than some plastic it is exactly the same gun. Now the problem lies with people like you thinking one gun is more dangerous than another... that is your warped perception. The truth is all guns are dangerous but inert... a single shot laying on a table is just as dangerous as a fully automatic machine gun laying on a table... In your mind the machine gun is way more dangerous when in fact it all depends on the person holding the guns. The single shot rifle can be picked up by a raving lunatic high on crack while the machine gun gets picked up by a Canadian armed forces soldier. Which gun is more dangerous? Its all perception.... obviously the machine gun has "potential" to do more damage but "potentially" the soldier will not use his gun to harm fellow citizens. you see what I mean. Guns are guns when they lay on a table they are all just as dangerous... they don't do anything till the human makes them function. Why do you hate on semi auto rifles or fully auto rifles for that matter. Or is it the tactical looks of the weapon... are you that paranoid that you think a guy walking through a field with a 22 with a tactical stock is coming to kill you? I would think he was trying to shoot some gophers.... but I guess its perception yours is different than mine. Im done with this foolishness from you.

Last edited by Burglecut83; 03-17-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
You are correct . However I have no wish for an ar to be an assault rifle.I dont like a rifle I cant identify at 10mtrs gives one the fight or fight responce. Ie shoot the holder oops sorry mate it's not full auto my bad .. better safe than sorry or is that for bears only and home intruders oh this is so confusing.
I think if someone's waving a gun around at the police, they'll get shot. I don't think the configuration of the gun matters.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I think if someone's waving a gun around at the police, they'll get shot. I don't think the configuration of the gun matters.
Now don't go bringing common sense into the discussion. I highly doubt that the type of firearm would be a concern in that situation.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
oh I see you are with the scary looking so ban it rather than educate crowd. Awesome! thanks for supporting the shooting sports bub. One minute I can have a wood stocked ruger 10/22 remove a screw or two and drop it in a tactical stock and have an assault weapon. Same gun. An informed person would know that its a gun regardless of how it looks. Uninformed people will think its scary and a military assault rifle when other than some plastic it is exactly the same gun. Now the problem lies with people like you thinking one gun is more dangerous than another... that is your warped perception. The truth is all guns are dangerous but inert... a single shot laying on a table is just as dangerous as a fully automatic machine gun laying on a table... In your mind the machine gun is way more dangerous when in fact it all depends on the person holding the guns. The single shot rifle can be picked up by a raving lunatic high on crack while the machine gun gets picked up by a Canadian armed forces soldier. Which gun is more dangerous? Its all perception.... obviously the machine gun has "potential" to do more damage but "potentially" the soldier will not use his gun to harm fellow citizens. you see what I mean. Guns are guns when they lay on a table they are all just as dangerous... they don't do anything till the human makes them function. Why do you hate on semi auto rifles or fully auto rifles for that matter. Or is it the tactical looks of the weapon... are you that paranoid that you think a guy walking through a field with a 22 with a tactical stock is coming to kill you? I would think he was trying to shoot some gophers.... but I guess its perception yours is different than mine. Im done with this foolishness from you.
im not scared of any fire arm ive own lots , carried and qualified on even more . Im simply stating that
A :assault is an actual classificaton of a rifle, it has a very clear intent and design. How any one feels about that is irrelevant.
B: as a trained and qualified person. the use , want of an assault styled rifle blurrs good judgement. Imo . See the folks that carry said actual rifle carry them for there intended purpose And wear uniforms denoting freind or foe.
C : not sure how much more educated I could be on assault rifles qualified on 4 differnt rifles can feild strip 1/2 dozen others. You = ?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Now don't go bringing common sense into the discussion. I highly doubt that the type of firearm would be a concern in that situation.
So guy wavin a double barrel sg is the same threat as a guy with a 30 rnd mag on a centerfire rifle ?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
So guy wavin a double barrel sg is the same threat as a guy with a 30 rnd mag on a centerfire rifle ?
Would have me just as scared. Shotguns were used in the trenches of WW 1 through the jungles of Viet Nam... FOR A REASON. at CQ, they are very effective weapons.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Given that the shotgun likely has a better chance of actually hitting someone, it may present more of a threat.Besides, if it's a legal magazine, it would be pinned to 5 rounds anyways
Old 03-17-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Both can kill you just as dead.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:24 PM

a rifle is a rifle a shot gun is a shot gun till somebody makes it a weapon by shotting people. A hunting rifle makes just as dead as a ak 47

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 03-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post
Would have me just as scared. Shotguns were used in the trenches of WW 1 through the jungles of Viet Nam... FOR A REASON. at CQ, they are very effective weapons.
Yes they are in tight quarters. just a tip for the folks if the bad guys waving a shotty walk away oh abt 150yrs would be safe. Then use the centerfire from the trunk of the police car .lol we can create a sscenario where a shot gun is of similar threat oh in side 50mtrs for two attempts. The 600 yrd effective range of most centerfire rifles should negate that problem nicly.if not yoy get ten attempts to imporove lol.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:45 PM

I am really starting to get confused here. I bought a rob arms XCR L in a semi auto 223. Now I am learning that I can't use this rifle on coyotes because it will not work, it was not designed for shooting coyotes so I probably won't be able to hit them. Fish gunner what is your point or do you just want to argue for the sake of arguing?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
You have difficulty with definitions big guy. Your mower was in all purposes intended to cut grass. it is not if ever issued by any military in the world as a weapon ..... as the other team armed with assult rifles would soon level your team armed with mowers.
My mower was issued by the royal Scottish upyerkilt regiment ( a small and very angry unit within the black watch) It was issued to mow huns heads off not to cut grass..therefore it is a assault mower. The other team armed with rifles stared in amazement until it was too late. Wikipedia "battle of the crabgrass" (cause you are the king of Wikipedia)

My watch I bought on ebay from agent 009. It has some special top secret features that I cannot tell you about but it is most certainly an assault watch.

I also got a nice assault pen from 009 and a set of assault and pepper shakers at his moms garage sale.

See I can type stupid stuff too!!

You should stick to the fishing threads cause when it comes to guns you are either with us or you are the enemy.

Last edited by nof60; 03-17-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am really starting to get confused here. I bought a rob arms XCR L in a semi auto 223. Now I am learning that I can't use this rifle on coyotes because it will not work, it was not designed for shooting coyotes so I probably won't be able to hit them. Fish gunner what is your point or do you just want to argue for the sake of arguing?
He argues for the sake of arguing. Plus he is a pinko. Watch this...

Fishgunner...the sky is blue today

here fishy fishy fishy
Old 03-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Banned

Does it really matter fish gunner. Obviously you are in your own mind an expert. My old man verifies guns for the RCMP back east. I am sure in his military career and civilian career he has stripped more guns than you've ever seen but how is that relevant? Its Not. I can easily beat you in a sailboat race... relevant no... What is... is that you are a firearms "expert" and cant see that a gun by itself is inert. You are very close minded. No gun is dangerous on a table. Any gun picked up and aimed at someone is an assault gun. So is a pipe or wrech or knife being used in an assault.... because in your own words is being used for its intended use.... BY THE PERSON WHO HOLDS IT. All objects have an intended use. They also have many uses. By your logic anything and anything that can be used to hurt people should be banned. Or ..... just the things that say assault rifle cause that's what it was made for. You're all over the map. To me a select fire rifle is a select fire rifle... that's what it is... that's what it was designed to be.... REMEMBER OL BUOY YOUR BIG WORD OF THE DAY.... PERCEPTION!!!! wooo I see it as a select fire rifle, which is what it truly is and the purpose it was built for... to be able to select between semi automatic and fully automatic fire... not to assault people. Your logic is amazing you and the fearmongerers are scared of them and call them assault rifles. I am more worried about "scared" people like yourself owning firearms period.... than normal non paranoid mentally stable people owning fully automatic guns. Even though they are prohibited in Canada and we aren't allowed to own them. Makes no sense to me why a fella shouldn't be able to go spray some bullets in fully auto mode if hes not a danger to society. That's my favourite part of going home to visit is shooting the old mans prohibited guns. You my friend seem like you should probably try and join the RCMP and scare the **** out of some more uninformed people.... you hold up your end ill ill hold up mine... Teaching new people about the safe operation of firearms be they, semi, fully, automatic shotguns rifles handguns and rimfires and encouraging them to join the sport and to buy as many guns as they can afford and to enjoy their freedoms. I will also be encouraging them to inform as many people as they can of all the foolishness being brought on by the RCMP. Why don't you field strip some guns, or spread some more fear about a gun sitting in a closet not hurting anyone? oh yeah and how many push ups can you do? wanna have a contest? lol
Old 03-17-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Yes they are in tight quarters. just a tip for the folks if the bad guys waving a shotty walk away oh abt 150yrs would be safe. Then use the centerfire from the trunk of the police car .lol we can create a sscenario where a shot gun is of similar threat oh in side 50mtrs for two attempts. The 600 yrd effective range of most centerfire rifles should negate that problem nicly.if not yoy get ten attempts to imporove lol.
So all that you need to do, is convince the bad guy with the shotgun, to let everyone walk away until they are out of shotgun range. I am sure that he will be only too happy to comply with you request.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So all that you need to do, is convince the bad guy with the shotgun, to let everyone walk away until they are out of shotgun range. I am sure that he will be only too happy to comply with you request.
HAHAHAHAH YEAH REALLY THOUGH! THE GUY IS A FRICKEN UPSIDEDOWN WISEMAN
Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Rob arms xcr : long stroke Kalashnikov style gas system(roatating bolt ) cyclic rate 6-800 rpm . Semi auto variants available. That is the rifles description.
Designed specifically for the most demanding military, law enforcement, and recreational users, the XCR-L offers a level of reliability offered by few other rifles. From xcr site.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

I think all fishing rods should be banned because some of the big long black ones look scary to me. And if someone INTEDED on killing someone with one they could. They "POTENTIALLY" pose a risk to the public.... YUP BAN EM ALL
Old 03-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Rob arms xcr : long stroke Kalashnikov style gas system(roatating bolt ) cyclic rate 6-800 rpm . Semi auto variants available. That is the rifles description.
Designed specifically for the most demanding military, law enforcement, and recreational users, the XCR-L offers a level of reliability offered by few other rifles. From xcr site.
Sounds like a fine coyote rig to me. It is well built and up for demanding tasks. Be they military or not. Why are you scared again bubby?
Who is out to get you?
ARE YOU A LIBERAL?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
So you are saying the 870 Police is an assault shotgun, and the wing master is a sporting gun? Keep in mind the only difference is barrel length (unless you put on a different barrel, or prune the one you bought it with)

Also keep in mind, I have field stripped numerous 870s, so I am what you'd call an expert.