Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Banned

Default Women sports in trouble?

I'm not going to mention the F word, but all I can do is chuckle. For years, equality was on the table, pushed beyond any boundaries. Now it's time to cry foul.

A girl transitioning to a boy is dominating wrestling in Texas - Texas rules won't allow him/her to compete against the boys and prescription drugs are ok, even though it's testosterone.

There are 2 (?) transgenders fighting in Womens MMA now?

Transgender crushes women in weightlifting...

And on and on and on it goes. Seems like all the sports.

Even the IOC has changed it's rules. Women can feel free to compete against men in the olympics - but I can't see too many stepping up. Men don't need to have the sex change operation to compete against women, but they need to prove estrogen levels.

It'll be fun to see how this all goes down - and what changes to attitudes are coming. This must be the new patriarchy.

Last edited by silverdoctor; 03-27-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Banned

I've been seeing more and more of these stories crop up lately.

It's gotta be really crushing to be the victim of your own victimhood. How long until women start being sexist against transgender people that just want to compete in sports.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:54 AM

What a screwed up world this next generation is inheriting !!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:26 PM

Liberals eating their own...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-a-white-male/
Old 03-27-2017, 05:17 PM

Smile This needs to happen more often.

I think it's great when people get what they asked for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easier setting.jpg (44.8 KB, 188 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 03-27-2017, 08:16 PM

Hands up everyone that has paid money to go to a women's sporting event.

Yeah, I thought so. Lots of WNBA fans here on the forum LOL
Old 03-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

I would have paid money to see Fallon Fox get his/her ass kicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remsCdsLLJM
Old 03-27-2017, 08:29 PM

Smile The Press sisters?

No one remember the Russian women? Hitler had a man in woman's high jump in 1936, I wouldn't worry about this.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
I would have paid money to see Fallon Fox get his/her ass kicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remsCdsLLJM
hater

I'd pay to see men fight women fight dogs fight bears. It's just a circus.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

I find the whole idea of separate women's sports highly misogynistic. All professional sports teams should be half women in the name of gender equity, and they should get paid the same as their male counterparts.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I find the whole idea of separate women's sports highly misogynistic. All professional sports teams should be half women in the name of gender equity, and they should get paid the same as their male counterparts.
I figure at some point, they'll split it off and create a transgender league of every sport.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:12 PM

I remember when Bruce Jenner was on a Wheaties box☹️
Old 03-27-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Now I think he may be on a milk carton. People go missing all the time.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-28-2017, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
And now he has a box of his own.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:28 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
I figure at some point, they'll split it off and create a transgender league of every sport.
Yup and while they are at it the juiced league too, why not it all would be entertaining and that's what it is about.

image.jpg

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
And now he has a box of his own.
I don't think he went for the full snip and tuck.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
I think it's great when people get what they asked for.
That's a great comment. Gotta love Anonymous.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:52 AM

I had to laugh at a recent story on CBC where two homeless women were complaining (to CBC) about having to sleep in the same common room as a transgender homeless woman (male identifying as a female).

It's all well and good and everyone is happy to oblige and be polite...until it personally affects them. That's when things change.

We reap what we sow. This won't end well. Equality by TREATMENT is not the same as equality by DESIGN. You can't hamstring one gender to make it "more fair" for the other gender and no matter what gender people use as their identity, it doesn't change the physiological facts within their body. If you're born as a male, you're going to have the body advantages of a male in terms of muscle tone and strength, aerobic capacity, leverage and frame size. Doesn't matter how much lipstick you add...

Transgender women (ie, men that are identifying as women) will completely change the face of women's sports if they don't stop it now. I, for one, find it hilarious and look forward to seeing them try and justify how they're going to block those people out in the interests of keeping things "fair".
Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 PM

Other than beach volleyball, who really watches womens' sports (JK).....the marketing and advertising firms know this and the corporate dollars reflect this in the amount spent and flowing to the athletes.

With all liberalization ideals, the depth of thought about consequences is what usually bites them in the.........groin. All kum by ya until someone looses a testicle.

S00000......like all L idiots.....what is going to be the next band aid or new level of stupidity to correct the first mistake/short-sightedness?

Wait for it...........

This is the prediction of options they are exploring:
1) Hamper/handicap all men......they do it for horse racing. Easy to do....make all men wear an extra 100lbs on their ankles.....then women can excel in the big leagues like the NFL and NHL.

2) Implement a tax on male pro sports players and give this to women. But let Revenue Canada do it....that way the rules can be genetic.....and nobody wins an argument on fairness with Rev.Can. Also would allow some slimeball associated with the Liberals to put themselves in charge of this money and earn a big salary for themselves and friends.

3) Make steroids legal for genetic women.....should be nice seeing the playoff beards on them.

4) TG-NFL?? Thank God its Not Full-balls Legal?

5) If its not a tax, or a way to make their donors a lot of money, or doesn't really work out as planned and the problems with their ideals need to be hidden, THEN its got to be made illegal to criticize it. Transgenderaphobia motion in the par-lament???

Too funny......
Old 03-29-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Other than beach volleyball, who really watches womens' sports....
Exactly... other than the Olympics or my daughters Bball I can't say I can handle any of it. It's painfully slow and sub standard compared to men's and I wouldn't pay spend a dime on it. It's a simple truth that there's no comparison to men's sports in terms of skill, speed, strength and view ability.

Arguably the 'best' womens sport may be hockey (or soccer) in Canada, and if training they will play games against junior men's teams. AAA midget for example.... I'll pay $5-$10 to watch that and that's being generous.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:55 AM

I do watch women's figure skating... That's about the only women's sport that I do watch... It's more of art and sport combined when it comes down to it...

I was at grandma's for lunch yesterday and had the unfortunate fate of watching CBC news with her... Apparently, the US women's hockey team is on strike during the Worlds to protest and get equal pay to the men's teams.... They're threatening to not play the final. This I find funny. I don't particularly watch hockey, but watching women's hockey the times I've watched is many times like painfully watching a game of keep away. Boring. If I was hockey USA, I'd call their bluff, and let them forfeit a world title over this and watch their sponsors pull out...

In my mind, the women's hockey team at worlds is nowhere good enough to warrant a pay raise to equal the men's world team...
Old 03-29-2017, 09:09 AM

You watch all of the sports and pay big dollars to watch a 5 million dollar person get snookered and then bitch about it. Such is life!! If you did not watch the sorts at all, what would happen to the 5 million dollar person?????
Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K View Post
Exactly... other than the Olympics or my daughters Bball I can't say I can handle any of it. It's painfully slow and sub standard compared to men's and I wouldn't pay spend a dime on it. It's a simple truth that there's no comparison to men's sports in terms of skill, speed, strength and view ability.

Arguably the 'best' womens sport may be hockey (or soccer) in Canada, and if training they will play games against junior men's teams. AAA midget for example.... I'll pay $5-$10 to watch that and that's being generous.
Team Canada just kicked azz in womans world championship curling. I'd put my money on them in a mixed rink.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Team Canada just kicked azz in womans world championship curling. I'd put my money on them in a mixed rink.
Strength and speed not required. It's a "touch" game.

The Canada women's team was awesome - they "ran the table," which was a first for the tournament - but it's not a "sport" in the sense of requiring strength, agility, speed or power.

We all know that women are better sweepers, though.

Pool, darts, etc, all fall in the same category. They're possibly classified as "sports" but you don't have to be physically gifted to play them well.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:44 PM

I worked in ACAC (College level) Hockey and Volleyball for 8 years.

I could scorekeep, timekeep, and run penalty boxes all at the same time for women's hockey.

For men's hockey I was usually the timekeeper, and that was tough enough by itself.

Pretty self explanatory.