Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
The biggest issue with drugs is people turning to crime in order to feed their addiction and victimizing innocent people.
Doubt someone is going to smash your car window for your change so they can buy another joint.
They are usually to high to get off the couch and if they do they will go to the store to buy some Doritos and support the economy.
Hard drugs, probably. Weed, probably not

Reefer Madness
Old 03-27-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
For anyone who doubts the horror that is about to be unleashed upon our country, I URGE you to watch the document "Reefer Madness". Sure, it's a little older, but the main message still hits home like a 2X4 between the eyes. It's not called "The Devil's Lettuce" for nothing.

Hahaha. That is one hilarious piece of propaganda when watched now. Unfortunately theres still whacks of folks, hugely so in the bible belts of the U.S., that subscribe to it's message.

Last edited by 270person; 03-27-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Banned

Default Legal weed.....

No big deal really as it will just be regulated and taxed much like tobacco and alcohol.

There will be other laws passed with regards to puffing and driving etc and you can count of a heavier crackdown on grow ops as the government would not want the revenue via taxes dilluted.

Will hard drugs also become legal....I highly doubt it.Will Canadian society break down into chaos because of legal weed?.....I doubt that even more.

Weed for the most part is pretty harmless with regards to criminality.You dont have potheads holding up convenience stores or assaulting people because they "need to get high".As for saying it is a "gateway drug" that leads to other things well the other things it leads to in general is mostly junk food and self injury due to stupidity which can be seen on fail videos on Youtube.

I used to consume weed and I got bored of it and quit....did it a couple of times....truth be told it is harder to quit smoking cigarettes.

It will get legalized and taxed and eventually it will end up like a pack of cigarettes sold at 7-11.Have to be old enough to buy it and the strength will be regulated and it will have health warnings on the packaging and it will be TAXED....and that "sin" tax will go up incrementally each and every year.

FTH
Old 03-27-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
It happened in our community about 5 or 6 years ago. A couple of young fellas heading out to go snowboarding crossed highway 44 and got T boned. Driver survived and passenger was decapitated. They had just smoked up and the driver forgot about the stop sign before crossing the highway. Very tragic and saddened everyone in town.

Yes that can happen. It's not called "impaired" driving for lack of a better descriptor. Lack of sleep. Over the counter medicines. Lot's of things can cause impaired driving.

Common sense is a prerequisite with ANY substance/condition that can impair a person. Not all practice it.

What would you guess the impaired driving rate with booze vs pot might be?
Old 03-27-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
Are you a PhD on this matter? Or perhaps you're writing your Masters on this topic? My point being, what credentials do you have to make this statement? My personal belief is that marijuana is a stepping stone to the "problem" drugs.
My opinion is alcohol is the stepping stone or gateway drug to the problem drugs.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
My opinion is alcohol is the stepping stone or gateway drug to the problem drugs.
Yup. I assume most tried booze before weed. I know I did.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Meh. Id say your less concerned about BS and more concerned about saying how safe your drug is since there has never been an OD.
Good assumptions, but you are flat out wrong;

A)I haven't said anything about the safety of marijuana

B)My drug??? I don't use/consume/smoke/eat/vape or any other method of ingesting illegal drugs.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:08 PM

Legal for me right now
Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 PM

Lots of people used to eat paste and smell scented markers in kindergarten before drinking. Just throwing that out there
Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma1 View Post
I knew a young lad that did pot and then whatever else was on the streets. He killed himself. Keep it to your own kids, mine are fine without it.
I know a 1000 kids that had a beer then went to wine then vodka then went on to become alcoholics and killed themselves. And I know lots that drank in moderation.

And I know a 1000 kids who took a drag on a cigarette, went on to pound a pack a day and died of cancer. And I know some who had the occasional butt or quit, or never caught the nicotine addiction.

What's your point? That because some potentially harmful substances are deemed legal by our government they're ok but those deemed illegal are the devils scourge?

Booze is a lot more harmful than pot and always will be. The list of potentially harmful potentials are well documented thanks to history. Pot will never be close.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 PM

Pot can be a stepping stone to harder drugs because the same guys selling the pot sells fentanyl if people are able to buy it legally they won't need to deal with the underworld.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
I would say that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, as I am to mine. I think I this is a VERY slippery slope....

Actually it's the opinion of pretty much all of the leading addictions experts around the globe. And if you think theres a fundamental difference between a drunk and a heroin addict you're sorely mistaken. They're both addicts.

Want a sobering stat? Pardon the pun. For every DUI charge laid in North America the person charged has driven impaired on average between 60 and 90 times. Not very often a person gets an impaired the first time they got plastered.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
No big deal really as it will just be regulated and taxed much like tobacco and alcohol.

There will be other laws passed with regards to puffing and driving etc and you can count of a heavier crackdown on grow ops as the government would not want the revenue via taxes dilluted.

FTH

Speaking of grow ops...theres an 800,000 sq ft one being built in Leduc county as we speak. Largest of it's kind in the world. 100,000 kilos produced annually.

All under the governments watchful eye of course. Must be scads of sick folks out there.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPackHunter View Post
Legal for me right now

I bet the only reason you got that sheep was he was toking too.

Or you plied him with your medical version and tossed him off a cliff.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:42 PM

This is nothing more than the politics of distraction.. It's the same as all the BS about lgbtqrst bathrooms in public schools The "anti islamaiphobia (there's a mouthful) meaningless vote in the HOC last week and Our "feminist" pm running around making a spectacle of himself every chance he gets.
By raising all these nonsense issues on a regular basis the government (s) can keep peoples attention away from the lousy job they are doing at running this country.
The libs are the masters of the old bait and switch . They smile at you and embrace you as they plunge the knife in your back.

To quote grandpa Simpson ..Hell in a hand basket is where we are going and whistling as we go.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I bet the only reason you got that sheep was he was toking too.

Or you plied him with your medical version and tossed him off a cliff.
Got more then 1 ram their buttercup
I probably pass up more rams in a season then you'll see in your life
But hey, I got nothing on the internet experts
Old 03-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Oxy has its purposes in medicine. Ask a trauma patient, ask someone who just underwent surgery. Pain is a medical problem and needs to be controlled.

Do not slander a profession because you think your weed should be legal.

How many times has a pain medications (oxy, morphine, codeine, etc.) got a patient through what would be a horrible traumatically painful procedure or injury?
Slander the medical system. Let me ask you - do you believe that drugs like Oxy are overprescribed?

Where do you think people get their supplies?

Yeah, once in a while you hear of a drug store being robbed.

As for the rest? Doctors are dealing them out like candy - and yeah, i know this. People can use what they need - then sell the rest. There is a reason why these "prescription only" drugs are hitting the street so hard.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Speaking of grow ops...theres an 800,000 sq ft one being built in Leduc county as we speak. Largest of it's kind in the world. 100,000 kilos produced annually.

All under the governments watchful eye of course. Must be scads of sick folks out there.
Actually it's 850,000 sq feet. Full greenhouse with rain water and snow melt recovery system. The building is designed and supplied from Holland.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Got more then 1 ram their buttercup
I probably pass up more rams in a season then you'll see in your life
But hey, I got nothing on the internet experts

Chill dude. I was ribbing you based on your reply in the forum. sheesh.

And I'd bet you're wrong. I drive through through Jasper and Banff 30-40 times a year for the past 20 years so I probably pass more rams than you ever will hunting them. Tell your buddies to quit licking salt off my bumper.

Last edited by 270person; 03-27-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Actually it's 850,000 sq feet. Full greenhouse with rain water and snow melt recovery system. The building is designed and supplied from Holland.
Yep. 16 football fields. I thought the Overwaitea/TCL warehouse in Acheson was big at 500,000 and change. Kinda puts things in perspective.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:21 PM

Found their tractors

https://goo.gl/images/lgc9ei
Old 03-27-2017, 08:22 PM

I couldn't care less if it's legalized. I think researchers should just work on an odorless variety. I don't want to smell the stench 24/7.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:30 PM

My brother has been a cop for years. He has always said that he would much rather deal with someone who is stoned vs someone who is drunk. Stoned people are almost always compliant. Drunk people are a crap shoot.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Legal for me right now
Curious if it gets you stoned or if it's a strain that doesn't do that. MJ is a preferred medication to many Veterans suffering from PTSD. So much so that Justin recently reduced the daily amount that Veterans Affairs will provide them with because of the cost. Some Veterans swear by it......better to live buzzed than suicidal I guess. The lesser of two evils?

As for recreational use......why no mention of the lack of focus and short term memory loss as a result of using it? That's not just reefer madness.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I couldn't care less if it's legalized. I think researchers should just work on an odorless variety. I don't want to smell the stench 24/7.
You can hardly smoke a cigarette in public anymore so I doubt that MJ will be any different.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Curious if it gets you stoned or if it's a strain that doesn't do that. MJ is a preferred medication to many Veterans suffering from PTSD. So much so that Justin recently reduced the daily amount that Veterans Affairs will provide them with because of the cost. Some Veterans swear by it......better to live buzzed than suicidal I guess. The lesser of two evils?

As for recreational use......why no mention of the lack of focus and short term memory loss as a result of using it? That's not just reefer madness.
They were allowing for 10 grams of weed a day. That doesn't sound like much but that's alot of smoke - over a quarter ounce... I wonder how many were reselling for profit.

Don't feel too bad about it.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
STOP LYING there has never been a recorded OD on marijuana
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marijuan...d-in-colorado/

http://www.projectknow.com/research/marijuana-overdose/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/health...pot-er-visits/

Pants on fire.

It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Banned

I think that Hal and Jungleboy nailed it. This is just another distraction away from the colossal failure that Justin is and the terrible job that he is doing. Just like going on a townhall campaign after getting caught vacationing on his buddy's private island. Oh look, a squirrel!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think that Hal and Jungleboy nailed it. This is just another distraction away from the colossal failure that Justin is and the terrible job that he is doing. Just like going on a townhall campaign after getting caught vacationing on his buddy's private island. Oh look, a squirrel!
Agreed. He is also postponing the supposed event until a lot closer to Election Day.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Source?
Sure

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/col...e-in-colorado/
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Closed Thread