Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by histyle View Post
More than anyone wants the government to know about!! There are a lot of people on this forum that make their own wine & beer. I have no idea how many make spirits, but I do know that it is made. Ask any welder who can weld stainless steel how many stills they've been asked to make
I'm certainly not saying there's people that don't make their own, I'm pointing to the percentage of all drinkers that do make their own? With over $20 billion in alcohol sales in Canada - I'm assuming it's very small. This will likely be the case with marijuana as well, contrary to the one posters opinion.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
To be honest, if I had it my way, both liquor and cigarettes would be illegal. Just too many societal and financial costs associated with each of them......

Not sure why being drunk or stoned is so appealing to so many....

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man. Some times you just gotta let the demon take the reins.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Don't kid yourself. I love a good IPA or milk stout, and have puffed a nice cigar, and tasted some fine wines and scotch, but the allure of being drunk or stoned quickly faded after turning 19 or 20. Time to grow up....

I feel as though a lot of the societal problems we experience today stem from drugs and alcohol. It's too bad, but it's a reality.
Smoking a joint doesn't get you stoned any more than a beer gets you drunk. There are of course some that can't handle any intake, but on average.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
2) Poppies are not illegal, you have to do something with Poppies to make Opium
Qhat
Coca leaves
Betel nut
Salvia

plants don't make it good for you.

Pot gets refined also.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-27-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Smoking a joint doesn't get you stoned any more than a beer gets you drunk. There are of course some that can't handle any intake, but on average.

Cheers
Problem they discovered in the US was THC in food stuffs. Some had extremely high amounts with the expectation you eat a portion of a cookie or brownie.

I believe they have or are bringing in laws and regulations around THC in foods.

Most overdoses were due to foods based upon an article I read a while back.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ask a cancer patient, or patient with chronic back issues. The preferred choice is more and more becoming marijuana, as it provided pain relief AND doesn't have addictive qualities like the above mentioned lab created drugs.

Cheers
You can already get a prescription for medical Marijuana so legalizing it has nothing to do with medicinal purposes. The legalization is for recreational use.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
That's always a worry when I get a used car: what little crumbs might have been left by other owners that could get me in trouble at the border? When getting something new-to-me I give the vehicle a really detailed cleaning, remove seats, shampoo carpets at least twice. Pull up edges of carpets, clean tracks in seat rails, detail vacuum hvac vents. Few (if any) stones are left unturned.
It is a big concern. Also any indication you have used pot now or in the past can make you inadmissible to the US without filing special paper at the US embassy.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:02 PM

For anyone who doubts the horror that is about to be unleashed upon our country, I URGE you to watch the document "Reefer Madness". Sure, it's a little older, but the main message still hits home like a 2X4 between the eyes. It's not called "The Devil's Lettuce" for nothing.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM

Default Think of the children!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-27-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Research also shows you can overdose and increase health care cost
STOP LYING there has never been a recorded OD on marijuana
Old 03-27-2017, 04:22 PM

I've seen people take a few puffs from a joint (let alone the whole thing) and be stoned or asleep pretty quick. While the same guys drink a lot but never seem to be buzzed. I just think those who have smoked for a while have built up a tolerance to it or maybe they perhaps a stern word with your dealer about customer service and their product.

I am impartial to the legalization of it.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:23 PM

go ahead pass the bill, keep the police doing some thing better with their time.
all kind of money should be freed up, stay on the gangs that are selling it
Old 03-27-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
STOP LYING there has never been a recorded OD on marijuana
That does not mean it does not come without risks.

Marijuana has its negative effects. Many people go to ER with panic attacks, arrhythmias, psychotic episodes etc.

Also studies are looking at the relationship of marijuana use, causing binge eating leading to liver failure due to NASH.

Might not be able to OD on the stuff but it sure can cause serious problems also.

As I said I am all for legalization, I just always enjoy people who quote the OD stat. That does not mean its safe or better than any other drugs.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:

Pot gets refined also.
Source?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
You can already get a prescription for medical Marijuana so legalizing it has nothing to do with medicinal purposes. The legalization is for recreational use.
I agree, but you need to read the post I quoted, it was merely responding to a question to when has weed helped someone through pain when they could have used oxycotin and a few others he mentioned.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
That does not mean it does not come without risks.

Marijuana has its negative effects. Many people go to ER with panic attacks, arrhythmias, psychotic episodes etc.

Also studies are looking at the relationship of marijuana use, causing binge eating leading to liver failure due to NASH.

Might not be able to OD on the stuff but it sure can cause serious problems also.

As I said I am all for legalization, I just always enjoy people who quote the OD stat. That does not mean its safe or better than any other drugs.
Thanks bud, never did I argue any of the points you are bring up. Weather pot is good or bad isn't the issue, the submitting of BS is what is at hand
Old 03-27-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Qhat
Coca leaves
Betel nut
Salvia

plants don't make it good for you.

Pot gets refined also.
Didn't say it was good for you. I said it shouldn't be called a drug as it's natural. It may be refined, but it can be picked off the plant and smoked.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
They can't prove smoking and driving yet but I bet there have been deaths from smoking and not driving right.....
Time will tell I guess.
It happened in our community about 5 or 6 years ago. A couple of young fellas heading out to go snowboarding crossed highway 44 and got T boned. Driver survived and passenger was decapitated. They had just smoked up and the driver forgot about the stop sign before crossing the highway. Very tragic and saddened everyone in town.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't say it was good for you. I said it shouldn't be called a drug as it's natural. It may be refined, but it can be picked off the plant and smoked.
So, cocaine, heroin and opium are not drugs either then?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:46 PM

. It may be refined, but it can be picked off the plant and smoked.[/QUOTE]

You could always smoke dandelions see what kind of buzz you get, I am around the odd person that smokes weed, also around some guys that drink too much, the Booze guys are a pain 100 times more than the guys smoking pot. Moderation is the KEY.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
So, cocaine, heroin and opium are not drugs either then?
I think what they mean is that you cannot take cocaine straight off the plant and sniff it. You can't take heroin straight of the plant and put it in a needle. You have to actually do something with other chemicals, I don't know the recipe.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:50 PM

I knew a young lad that did pot and then whatever else was on the streets. He killed himself. Keep it to your own kids, mine are fine without it.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Banned

Everyone relax and smoke a couple of bowls. Once stoned, Justin's plan for Canada will become clear. You'll never figure it out unless your ripped out of your tree.

Look on the bright side and turn things into an opportunity for yourself. Invest in Doritos and reap the rewards as the stock skyrockets.

Last edited by HunterDave; 03-27-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Are you a PhD on this matter? Or perhaps you're writing your Masters on this topic? My point being, what credentials do you have to make this statement? My personal belief is that marijuana is a stepping stone to the "problem" drugs.
While although I am not writing my masters and nor do I have a PhD, I do have a lot of experience dealing with people that have addiction problems and if you want to point the finger at the stepping stone drug I think in my opinion that alcohol will decrease peoples inhibitions to make stupid choices far quicker than marijuana
Old 03-27-2017, 05:09 PM

If they are going to take another year to legalize it the least they could do is decriminalize it till then. Our police and courts could use the extra time generated by this to pursue real concerns.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toromir View Post
If they are going to take another year to legalize it the least they could do is decriminalize it till then. Our police and courts could use the extra time generated by this to pursue real concerns.
I wouldn't get too excited about July 1, 2018. Junior talked a lot about this during the campaign, got the people who thought it was a good idea to vote for him on that pledge alone. Then it got very quiet, until his popularity starting sinking like the Titanic..hmm?...time to start getting the fringe voters back in line?. I would suspect this bill may get tied up "in committees" for awhile, if it does go thru', I would suspect it would be July 2019, a few months before the next election. I too am impartial about making it legal, it's just sad that a twit can sway voters on something like this while those same voters disregard the damage that is being done in the mean time on other fronts.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:28 PM

Is there a legal technique for Police to check for impairment on the roadside, That will stand up in court? Until we can answer yes to that maybe we should leave things as they are. I have nothing against legalizing pot, but how do the Police, whom are ultimately going to be the ones dealing with this, successfully convict an impaired driver whom has been using?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranets View Post
While although I am not writing my masters and nor do I have a PhD, I do have a lot of experience dealing with people that have addiction problems and if you want to point the finger at the stepping stone drug I think in my opinion that alcohol will decrease peoples inhibitions to make stupid choices far quicker than marijuana
I would say that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, as I am to mine. I think I this is a VERY slippery slope....
Old 03-27-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I think what they mean is that you cannot take cocaine straight off the plant and sniff it. You can't take heroin straight of the plant and put it in a needle. You have to actually do something with other chemicals, I don't know the recipe.
This guy gets it.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Thanks bud, never did I argue any of the points you are bring up. Weather pot is good or bad isn't the issue, the submitting of BS is what is at hand
Meh. Id say your less concerned about BS and more concerned about saying how safe your drug is since there has never been an OD.
Closed Thread