Thomas Sowell
Old 03-01-2014, 10:26 AM

Boaterexam.com
Old 03-01-2014, 10:48 AM

Thanks

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

i got mine through boatsmart exam.com. was very easy to follow and if you had questions they were very helpfull on toll free phone line. they are always sending me e-mails to give someone a discount and you could borrow my study book if you want, rather then buy one.
you could do it all in one day if you want. also you don't have to worry about failing. if you screw up you just do it again for free. all open book quizzes and final exam.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:58 AM

Ya I did mine on boat smart and it was quite easy to follow and I got my card within a couple weeks.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:46 PM

Not meaning to derail, but what is the cost?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:03 PM

Yep, boaters exam, was $45 if I recall. I did in one day.
If u get stuck, google the question, it will pop up cus others have asked it.

TBark
Old 03-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan14 View Post
Ya I did mine on boat smart and it was quite easy to follow and I got my card within a couple weeks.
Same here.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:14 PM

Going through the course now, complete and utter over kill for someone wanting to run a 12' boat and trolling motor. Crazy.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Going through the course now, complete and utter over kill for someone wanting to run a 12' boat and trolling motor. Crazy.
are you kidding? it is essential to know all about the buoy markings and flags if you plan on boating on one of alberta's lakes. lol. what a joke. you think they would have a seperate certification for coastal waters.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Gone Hunting

I got my license through BoaterExam.com .

I found it pretty easy. One thing I really liked, the lessons are timed but I could leave at any time and when I returned to the lesson it continued on from where I left off, with the time remaining that was there when I left.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-02-2014, 06:54 AM

Default Exam

2 computers.........
Old 03-02-2014, 08:56 AM

The boating exam is a national test like your drivers license. So it covers all things Canadian waterways through Transport Canada and is just a focused as a drivers license. It isn't focused on Alberta but gives you the knowledge to run your craft in our national waterways. There are over 6,000 boating incidents involving over 150 fatalities and hundreds of injuries yearly that could certainly be prevented my knowing "the rules of the road" just as important as not driving on the wrong side of the road. I've helped people on the water many times including a few that had run into rocks clearly marked by buoys which they did not know how to read. Same type of people that driver without valid licenses.

There was a comment on overkill, I was actually thinking about that after my wife took hers test a couple of years ago and helped her study and reviewed the book (I did mine many years ago). We where running the Shuswap last summer and coming into Balfore when we saw the buoy marks at the entrance of the Marina and was proud when she knew how to read them to enter on the right side. I keep my book on board in a baggie just in case I need to refer to it.

By the way you can also study and take the exam at Bass Pro.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations