Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2014, 04:26 AM

Default Deerfoot south closed - Officer involved shooting

FYI deerfoot south is closed @ 130th Ave to Mckenzie Lake Blvd due to officer involved shooting.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/03/01...mckenzie-towne

I drove by, looks like the vehicle was pinned in by multiple police vehicles. The vehicle was pointed nose towards the median in the far right lanes... Hopefully no officers were physically injured in this one.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:23 AM

Seems to be some job security in working for ASIRT these days.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:24 AM

Was driving southbound deer foot last night around 12:15 ish, thankfully I live in Mckenzie. Police were everywhere, quite the light show for sure. Apparently gunfire was reported in copper field first, then officers pursued the suspect vehicle! Was crazy the amount of officers on site last night.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 PM

Default Happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_magic_stick View Post
Was driving southbound deer foot last night around 12:15 ish, thankfully I live in Mckenzie. Police were everywhere, quite the light show for sure. Apparently gunfire was reported in copper field first, then officers pursued the suspect vehicle! Was crazy the amount of officers on site last night.
Well, last night was crazy in Copperfield for sure! I was at a buddy's house getting ready to set up our poker night and we needed to grab the extra table I brought over, as more people were set to arrive. We put our shoes on and head outside to my truck when a 1/2 dozen cops appear, pistols and shotguns drawn, start shouting "Get back in your house NOW!"

We headed back inside and watched through the window as a police unit entered the house next to us and did their thing.

The real spectacle was not everyone was at the poker game yet, so as they arrived one by one, they were quickly greeted by police coming out of the darkness yelling "hands in the air", shotguns drawn. You should have seen the look on their faces!

They had police cars/vans surrounding the houses at the end of the blvd and you could see another perimeter of more cop cars in every direction 300m away.

The only thing they told us at the time was that they were responding to shots fired and to stay inside.

oh, and i was busted out by a royal straight..

Reporting from "the hood"

RL
Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 PM

It's STILL closed ! They are continually saying it on the radio but traffic SB is pretty messed up
Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 PM

Here's the update from our chief of police, regarding the incident last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKmwP5DJe5U#t=701
Old 03-01-2014, 07:59 PM

By the news reports detailing the criminal histories of the two degenerates that were shot, we've managed to get the city at least partially cleaned up last night. Good show CPS.

I wonder what the woman was doing to get herself shot, was she trying to hit the gas after chuckles was ventilated? Or perhaps did she brandish a firearm? Either way, not a particularly intelligent move when confronted by numerous tactical officers....