Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I think I had a stroke. Flags, missed kicks. Omg. Best game of the year wow. Go green
Indeed... Wife came down from her sewing room because she thought I was in real distress
Old 11-28-2021, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Indeed... Wife came down from her sewing room because she thought I was in real distress
Old 11-28-2021, 07:22 PM

Was wondering if Either team wanted the win. Would rather see a win coming from good team play vs the other team making a mistake but a wins a win and big brother gets bragging rights for a year.

Winniegs going to be a damn tough out especially with that D line against Sask's porous O line.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:48 PM

Nothing better than seeing Bo Levi leave the field dejected. It always brings a smile to my face. Wasn’t a pretty win but they don’t ask how, just how many! The Bombers are going to be a tough game. If the Riders play like this next week there is no way they are going to make it to the Grey Cup. Hopefully they make a game out of it.

GO RIDERS!!!
Old 11-29-2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
Nothing better than seeing Bo Levi leave the field dejected. It always brings a smile to my face.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
nothing better than seeing bo levi leave the field dejected. It always brings a smile to my face.

go riders!!!

BigWin
Old 11-29-2021, 08:04 AM

Man listened to the game and while exciting, it sure was sloppy! Too many turnovers and it finally caught up to Calgary. Could have just as easily caught up to Saskatchewan. They have a lot of work if they want to move past the bombers next week! Hope they can figure it out. Get rested up boys and sort yourselves out so you don’t keep making the same mistakes you did all season penalty wise!!
Old 11-29-2021, 08:37 AM

Bo Levi Mitchell showed who he was. Throwing team members under the bus once again with his classless physical antics after he throws the ball directly to the opposition or throws it over his receivers head. He should NEVER display on-field antics like that. Shows he isn't a team guy and blames those around him when he tanks. I find him so full of himself that it's time for him to go!
He had SO many talented players that surrounded him over the years that made him look better than he was, or is. Lead his team to more disappointments than success when it counted.
One dimensional QB. Too scared to run or make a play, just turtles or tosses it up for grabs and blames others for his actions. At least the Sask QB RAN when he had the option. Bo held the ball, held the ball while looking directly at open receivers then overthrew the simplest swing pass. He shows he's a nervous nelly with the ball in his hands because he's become soft and hearing footsteps all the time because of getting banged up a few times. Time to walk away.
Bye Bye BO!!
FHD
Old 11-29-2021, 11:13 AM

Not many times you throw 4 interceptions and get away with a win.
but the Riders did and that's all that counts.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:43 AM

Well at least he doesnt wear womens panties like that Burris guy. Oops sorry I guess that's normal now a days, didnt mean to offend anyone.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:51 AM

I almost felt bad for Paredes, the last kicker that missed the big one in a Regina Western finial in got manure dumped on his lawn and run out of town.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:01 PM

And death threats. Could you imagine if he was the riders kicker, hed have to go into police protection. But he did crap the bed wow.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I guess if you are from Saskatchewan… the only thing in life to look forward to is the rough riders. So why not go all out.

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉

Congrats on the win.
So what did you do to celebrate, watch the stampeders clean out their lockers?
Old 11-29-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
So what did you do to celebrate, watch the stampeders clean out their lockers?
Bahahahaha
Old 11-29-2021, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinhogdaddy View Post
Bo Levi Mitchell showed who he was. Throwing team members under the bus once again with his classless physical antics after he throws the ball directly to the opposition or throws it over his receivers head. He should NEVER display on-field antics like that. Shows he isn't a team guy and blames those around him when he tanks. I find him so full of himself that it's time for him to go!
He had SO many talented players that surrounded him over the years that made him look better than he was, or is. Lead his team to more disappointments than success when it counted.
One dimensional QB. Too scared to run or make a play, just turtles or tosses it up for grabs and blames others for his actions. At least the Sask QB RAN when he had the option. Bo held the ball, held the ball while looking directly at open receivers then overthrew the simplest swing pass. He shows he's a nervous nelly with the ball in his hands because he's become soft and hearing footsteps all the time because of getting banged up a few times. Time to walk away.
Bye Bye BO!!
FHD
I can tell you as a football coach this.........You should switch to another sport.. Do you even football? BLM is most dynamic QB this league has seen in ages.. The jealousy is really strong in you... Take your win against a lower end team and know we beat you asses 2 times this year. See you girls next year...
Old 11-29-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I can tell you as a football coach this.........You should switch to another sport.. Do you even football? BLM is most dynamic QB this league has seen in ages.. The jealousy is really strong in you... Take your win against a lower end team and know we beat you asses 2 times this year. See you girls next year...
The riders beat the stamps twice this year as well. Once in the regular season and again in the west semi. BLM is full of himself.

BW
Old 11-29-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:

But did he win when it counts? Uhh, No.

Lower end team? Finished higher in the standings than Calgary.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
The riders beat the stamps twice this year as well. Once in the regular season and again in the west semi. BLM is full of himself.

BW
Yup. And they won the only one that really counted!! One team moving on and one packing their stuff in garbage bags and heading home. Calgary losing never gets old!!!
Old 11-29-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post

And the playoffs.

The thing I don’t get, is why does everyone rag on Sask. How bad are the other teams that get beat by a team that has an offence that only plays 1-3 possessions on offence. That’s all Fajardo ever really cobbles together in a game. Yet Sask beats teams, some of them with the most dynamic QB in a generation.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

I believe that's what he said, you may want to do a reread.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:

Team Sport... This was the worst team I have seen in Calgary in 20 some odd years. But to blame BLM for anything just shows the level of knowledge that is floating around these parts. As for your reading comprehension, it all seems to track well with your location and chirping skills.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
BLM is most dynamic QB this league has seen in ages..
Perhaps it's time to change the "is" to a "was". he was never on this whole season, played extremely poorly the first half of the game on Sunday.

With the salary he makes that's inexcusable, he will likely get his comeuppance next year before training camp. With back up QB Maier needing a contract for next year, BLM could well be asked to take a pay cut. If he balks, he could be gone. Might be time to put the saddle on the new horse.

I've followed the Stamps since the late 60's, never liked BLM's optics. His saunter off the field after a two and out just struck me as arrogant. He never had a look in his eye like he was all in most of the time.

Great stats, great numbers, playoff success......meh.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Team Sport... This was the worst team I have seen in Calgary in 20 some odd years. But to blame BLM for anything just shows the level of knowledge that is floating around these parts. As for your reading comprehension, it all seems to track well with your location and chirping skills.
I thought Calgary had not to bad a lineup of receivers and a few guys that could run the ball.....un-like Bovine who "rushed" for 19 yards all year. Lots of chances for first downs that may have made a difference in a few games. But he is too pretty to run. Glad Jake Maier never played , Donkays might of won.
Bo Dynamic ?? Ha ha . Dynamic = Ron Lancaster and Doug Flutie
Old 11-30-2021, 10:16 AM

Bo was more intent on launching his podcast last spring than he was on getting ready to earn his keep.
Guess he was too cool for school
Old 11-30-2021, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
I thought Calgary had not to bad a lineup of receivers and a few guys that could run the ball.....un-like Bovine who "rushed" for 19 yards all year. Lots of chances for first downs that may have made a difference in a few games. But he is too pretty to run. Glad Jake Maier never played , Donkays might of won.
Bo Dynamic ?? Ha ha . Dynamic = Ron Lancaster and Doug Flutie
With 10 touchdown passes and 13 interceptions this year, the only place those stats are dynamic is in the unemployment line.

No if you're Bo, you blame it on your receivers, if you're a team player, you own it and commit to do what it takes to improve. But Bo be Bo.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Kinda down over the loss huh....coach. Thought Cgy sports fans would be used to that by now.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:34 PM
Banned

Bombers get the 3-peat of sending the Riders home for the holidays on Sunday.

Faj gonna be running for his life all day.

Bombers hogs will beat the Rider Dline to a pulp by the end of the game.

Only chance for the Riders is they win the turnover battle and score tds on special teams.

Beyond that the green just dont have the caliber of players accross the board the Bombers do.

Cream will rise to the top on Sunday.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterngather View Post
Bombers get the 3-peat of sending the Riders home for the holidays on Sunday.

Faj gonna be running for his life all day.

Bombers hogs will beat the Rider Dline to a pulp by the end of the game.

Only chance for the Riders is they win the turnover battle and score tds on special teams.

Beyond that the green just dont have the caliber of players accross the board the Bombers do.

Cream will rise to the top on Sunday.
The CFL Western finial is always anything can happen day, strange things happen, the best kickers miss 18 yard FG.s, QB's can have their worst days, over confident defense's slip up almost like the twilight zone.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:09 PM

Whoever has finished first and hosted the west final has failed to advance to the Grey Cup 58% of the time since 1987.

As as Rider fan I fondly remember 1989. The 9-9 Riders went into Calgary and beat the Stumps. Everybody said they had zero chance of going into Edmonton and beating the 16-2 Eskimos. Pulled out the win 32-21. They advanced to TO to face the 12-6 Ticats. Beat them on a last minute field goal in what some consider the best Grey Cup game played.

Any team can win on any given Sunday!
Old 11-30-2021, 05:22 PM

Will never ever forget that 1989 Grey Cup . Ronny Lancaster was announcer / color man with Don Wittman . Robo hooped her for the 43-40 win.
After the game we were all in the Mellville bar gettin hammered. Free green shooters and the RCMP were partying her up pretty good with us. Not sure if bars were even allowed to be open on a Sunday in '89 but didn't matter , party was on.