Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2021, 08:55 PM

Default amazon business account

Anyone here have an Amazon business account? Are the discounts worth setting one up?
Old 11-26-2021, 09:08 PM
Banned

following
Old 11-27-2021, 07:02 AM

I have one, LIKE, each item as I see it are different discount, but for me 10 to 20 % is what I see
Old 11-27-2021, 08:33 AM

Amazon is not like they used to be, 1 or 2 years ago they could deliver the package the next day of ordering it, now it takes 4-5 days so might as well order from a local/Canadian store.
Old 11-27-2021, 04:40 PM

I have one setup, when they were first introduced it was awesome as you could stack coupons and save a ton. I think I saved ~30% overall on my first order from this and haven't used it since.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Amazon is not like they used to be, 1 or 2 years ago they could deliver the package the next day of ordering it, now it takes 4-5 days so might as well order from a local/Canadian store.
I don't have the business one yet, BUT having the prime designation, I get my stuff within a day or 2. When you go to purchase, they tell you how long it will take.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Quote:
I don't have the business one yet, BUT having the prime designation, I get my stuff within a day or 2. When you go to purchase, they tell you how long it will take.
Yup. There is 'Amazon' and there is the 'Amazon Marketplace'. You need to pay attention to who ships the item, if it isn't shipped (or fulfilled) by Amazon, it could be coming from China or from Europe... don't expect next day delivery.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Amazon is crystal clear on delivery dates and seems to hit those dates precisely as promised. My prime is usually next day maybe 2 at most (as per other's experience as well). It's almost never that I find someone can deliver something faster. There is cheaper out there, but usually not faster.

Having said that, anything coming form overseas from ANY supplier or store is challenging with this supply chain and container crisis we are currently dealing with.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:04 PM

Staples has a business account, pretty sure it's a called preferred or something similar. Supposed to be about a 5% average discount consumable items for business. Some discounts on furniture too.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:25 AM

So, I got a business account set up. A set of R8 collets that I want went from $90 to $85. The other things I wanted had no discount so far.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:46 AM

They keep sending me offers for business accounts. I haven't even bothered getting Prime except for the 30 day free offer a couple of times. I am really not a fan of amazon, I will go to fair lengths to buy from someone other than them, or Walmart. We need to keep local retailers and other businesses in the game. I don't want to have to deal in a world where Amazon and Wally World are my only options.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:00 AM
AO Sponsor

Personally I have found the business account worthless overall for anything we need. As for the shipping dates with Amazon, they are consistently not accurate by a lot with us and the issues that occur have been painful to deal with. This said, I am rural so I can understand how this may be a different experience than someone who is in a major urban centre but still, other than just not having to drive to town and spend more on fuel than on something I need in the moment, I will continue to try and support local as much as I can if it is close and I can justify the time.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 11-29-2021, 09:08 AM

For shipping, you have to realize there is fulfilled by Amazon and fulfilled by vendor, I have not had a fulfilled by amazon shipment be late that I can remember I have had plenty of fulfilled by vendor be late if they were using Canada Post. In general Canada Post misses dates half the time at least. We had a package from overseas take 45 days
Old 11-29-2021, 09:10 AM

I live in a small rural town. Amazon delivery estimates have been always met or exceeded for me. I do not get same speed of delivery as someone in Edmonton but better speed than say Cabelas by a long shot. Usual shipping times for here are a week as I have all my stuff delivered to the post office. Saves worrying about porch pirates.

I try to shop local, Edmonton area, but when I can save $200 on an Eskimo flotation jacket and bibs with no driving or traffic hassles I am all in. Suit comes from Ardisam.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:09 AM

Latest offer from Amazon Business. Still have no intention of joining.

Today is your last chance to sign up for a free account and get
40% off your first order (maximum $80 value) on Amazon Business
(terms & conditions apply*).
Find what you need for work, from breakroom supplies to holiday gifts,
all with business-only pricing.

You will be eligible to redeem this offer 72 hours
after business verification using promo code FORTYHOLIDAY.
See terms for more information.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:26 AM

So research research and research. Stuff with 20 sellers on a listing probably not worth doing. But the stuff with just one or two on a product page maybe worth your effort.

A lot depends on keeping your costs down and selling for high enough to make a profit. I suggest that you go now and read more on starting an Amazon business