Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM

Default Philadelphia from the Bench

The wife and I went down to Philadelphia on the 16th to watch the Flyer’s kick Cindy and the Pen’s Azz. Didn’t happen, OH well they beat them tonight.
Nice city, Very friendly, TONS of History there. Toured around some in a Horse and buggy, stopped in and checked out the Liberty Bell.
Man the History on that thing alone could fill a few books.
Lots of GREAT Italian restaurants and Philly Cheese Steaks on every corner as well. A fat guy’s dream.

Back to the game, I had gone on to the Flyers auction site and bid on a chance to sit on the bench during practice. We were lucky enough to win. Got a few good pic’s, had a great time.
Sat up in their Cadillac Grille club for supper and got to watch the remainder of the Philly’s game. They lost as well. Tried to get tickets to their game the next night but no luck. Watched it in the lounge at the hotel. That city is SPORTS CRAZY.
The Flyer’s & 76ers coliseum, Philly’s stadium and the Eagles stadium are all within a ½ mile of each other. Gonna go back down for another game or two; Oilers are down there in March. Might have to go see that.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Richards
[IMG][/IMG]

Carter
[IMG][/IMG]

Pronger
[IMG][/IMG]

Hartnell
[IMG][/IMG]

Briere
[IMG][/IMG]

Giroux
[IMG][/IMG]

Hartnell
[IMG][/IMG]

The BELL
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-30-2010, 12:57 AM

lucky lucky lol. awsome pics, thanks for sharing. glad you guys had an awsome time. would be fun for sure. my fav pic is the one harntell's looking right at you lol, and pronger the big goof hahhahahaha.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:49 AM

Hey go big, yup it was a good time.

Hartnell is one of my fav players, plays DAMMN hard. Will be playing a lot harder till Danny B gets back in Action ( BS CALL )

Yeah Pronger might be kind of a Goofy looking Bugger, BUT man the guy can play.

Funny how when he played for the Coilers he was a hero, after he left he was RUN DOWN
Yeah the guy plays on the edge and over it some times BUT tell me of one other player that see's as much playing time as he does. I am sure they aren't MODEL player's either.
Either way, any Man that is 37yrs old and still plays 20 to 27 min's a game must be doing something RIGHT!!!!.

GO FLYERS!!!

HEY RUg10/22 BACK me UPP ( The only other FLYER FAN on this forurm )
Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 AM

Sounds like a fun trip. If you want to see a great show on the history of the Flyers, check out "Broad Street Bullies" on You Tube.