Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 12:10 PM
AO Sponsor

Default International Border Closure Extension

Looks like they want to keep country shut down indefinitely. Not looking good for international travellers coming to canada

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...-stranded.html
Old 01-24-2021, 04:43 PM

This proposed restriction is for those coming back to Canada as well.

The World Powers are either scared of something, or it is the Conspiracy Theorists' next step in global communism.

If the South African variant is more contagious and more deadly, then there really is cause for concern, but that variant has already been detected in North America, and Justin's proposed lockdown is too late.

If it is the Globalist - Communist Conspiracy at work, then this is the next stage in getting everyone to give up property rights, mobility rights, freedom of movement, etc. Of course that required Joe Biden winning the Whitehouse which just happened.

Either way, I really wish that this thing would be over sooner than later.

And I thank God I am not in the Tourism Industry relying on vacationers, like the fishing lodges, Ski Hills, Hunting Outfitters, ....

Drewski
Old 01-24-2021, 11:11 PM
AO Sponsor

I hear rumours that ole Joe and his buddies are gonna change the horse feces tests that skew the results heavily towards covidpositive results to a more accurate test that cuts down the BS MASSIVELY... to more accurate results

So then covid reduces massively, quickly, and back to business.

They dont need covid no more, have accomplished goals

Even now admitting engineered virus that escaped Wuhan facility... go figure!???!!!

But mentally disturbed ole joe still wants 100 days of masks???? Probly forgot they sed virus all done, time to crash stock market.

Anyways s read thru horse feces... 100 days of masks yet, trudupe saysno to travel still...

= Please a June 15 auction??? Maybe June 7 so can do both auction and go ocean fishing!!??!!!

Who wants to go?
Old 01-24-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
This proposed restriction is for those coming back to Canada as well.

The World Powers are either scared of something, or it is the Conspiracy Theorists' next step in global communism.

If the South African variant is more contagious and more deadly, then there really is cause for concern, but that variant has already been detected in North America, and Justin's proposed lockdown is too late.

If it is the Globalist - Communist Conspiracy at work, then this is the next stage in getting everyone to give up property rights, mobility rights, freedom of movement, etc. Of course that required Joe Biden winning the Whitehouse which just happened.

Either way, I really wish that this thing would be over sooner than later.

And I thank God I am not in the Tourism Industry relying on vacationers, like the fishing lodges, Ski Hills, Hunting Outfitters, ....

Drewski
>>>
This is what I believe...This is potentially only the beginning of what we may be faced with....Hang on yet bring on the faith that good will overcome.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:42 AM
Banned

I guess that what you’re saying is everyone should sell our pelts to you instead of sending them to auction, eh Marty.

C’mon, really? I think that you are already fishing with this thread.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:05 AM

Who knows Dave anything is possible these , Im just hoping some buyers can make it ..message me , cant seem to get a message back to you ..

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2021, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Who knows Dave anything is possible these , Im just hoping some buyers can make it ..message me , cant seem to get a message back to you ..

Your inbox is full and you have to delete some to free up space.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Your inbox is full and you have to delete some to free up space.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:48 AM
AO Sponsor

I want FHA to have a superb sale... whether you believe it or not Davey. Im in this for the industry, not selfish motives. Im all for making theindustry better. NAFA gone is like taking a baseball bat to the groin

Current state of industry... the “All Knowing Howard” sez “NO ORDERS... NOBODY GOTS NO ORDERS...” also sez lots of other things. Tho i call you “Omipotent One” Davey, i say it jokingly/mockingly???? but Howard, in this industry, knows virtually everything...

Want to send stuff to the sale??? BY ALL MEANS, DO SO!!!

The Howard tho, deals with a large portion of the international community people, Europe, NA, Orient, and keeps to the recurring theme... NO ORDERS!!!

But meanwhile we are waking to a world with 18 million mink???? Iam very optimistic for our wild fur industry!!! I say brown short hairs rise exponentially... just dont know when. Soon methinks???

FHA sitting with an absolute prospective fortune of wild fur??? Super! I hope the best for FHA and our industry. I want them to win, and our trappers bank accounts filled up.

With no/few ranch mink, i think sable/mink/fisher/otter/rats gonna have their day. I vote $25 rats, $150 marten - fisher, $200 otters and $100 minks in two years or less?????

.... unless we doing great fricking restart stupidity thing...

No idea

I do prefer capitalism/freedom/etc

But meanwhile in the current landscape, theres one good place to sell coyotes to... and thats what I’m doing
Old 01-26-2021, 09:40 AM

Marty, I like your short brown fur predictions for prices. You could be right with a possible 2nd season of limited North American sales due to border closed/covid and no NAFA.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:12 AM

What border closures?? The only way you can't travel right now is drive across the US border. Everything else seems to be wide open. Since the January 7th requirement for a negative covid test within 72 hours of boarding your plane home or to Canada there have been at least two Transat flights from Haiti where ALL passengers were in close contact with covid positive persons. Also, there have been about 80 flights from all over the world UK, South Africa, Brazil and several other covid infested European nations. These flights had at least one passenger infected and several had multiple infections. Even Biden has banned flights from many of these places.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:55 AM
AO Sponsor

One fur broker that i know was in the USA recently, he crossed the border and is now languishing his 2 week isolation at home in Montreal. Is the rapid test just an Alberta thing? And a Calgary thing at that?
He sure wouldnt be sitting there looking stupid if he didnt have to.
Maybe buyers could come to the sale if they woukd quarantine for two weeks??? But who would?

Its really hard on smokers! One guy i know had to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks when he moved to Canada, could not leave his room, therefore could not smoke. Do you think Rebellato is gonna go two weeks without a smoke???? And his smoker buddies??? What do you think Davey?

We at 300+ cases a day in AB now, next to nothing and even Alberta stsys shut down
Old 01-27-2021, 09:23 AM

Fearless leader already said that more travel restrictions are coming, cant risk a variant form getting in. I think there will be no huge in person april auction. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:40 PM

Your not!

Will be a broker auction again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2021, 01:59 PM
Banned

Nothing has changed for me, all of my fur is going to auction. Last auction there were no international buyers and Western Heavy sold 100% with a $98.73 average. That's pretty much what buyers are paying now and imo as low as it'll get. I think that there's little risk in sending to auction, you'll get what you'd get from a buyer anyway, but a potential for a huge reward if you can believe that buyers are hungry for Western Heavies.

I'm okay with waiting a bit for a much better return on my fur. I definitely won't get scared into selling it at a discount when there's so much upside potential and little downside risk.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:46 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Fearless leader already said that more travel restrictions are coming, cant risk a variant form getting in. I think there will be no huge in person april auction. I hope I'm wrong.
Im gonna go... do ya think that'll help???

Still kinda miffed that I didnt buy the physical top lot fricking skunks on the last sale... a one lot fricking skunk top lot... like really??? How lame!!!

Oh well whatever.... call it business and sleep well! I really should get them tanned, I'm about out, even of all the skins that the crooked tanned laid on me! The rest? well lets say it's time for another fire

Top Lot coyote... one skin????

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 01-28-2021, 12:46 AM
AO Sponsor

$98.73 average...

11% commission correct?

=$10.86 commission

= 87.73

less drumming. $1? $1.50?

=$86.73

what do you lose on the exchange rate of USD to CDN, nothing right Dave, but everybody else 2%... +??? - ???, you do have to dig to discover

2% of $86.73 = $1.73... $85.00

I pay more than that regularly. Much more than that on winter prime collections.

Sorry to burst your bubble Daybey... and the cool thing is no wait.

You do have a point tho... on a rising market, you can win by holding goods for the sale. The bad news tho, if nobody gonna be there except the country buyers and the odd guy from toronto or Montreal then.... SPLAT

Methinks SPLAT! at least on the next sale. Ther writing is on the wall ypu consider what Biden, Trudeau and their mentally derranged friends are up to

= CLOSURE/SHUTDOWN

But honestly, I do want FHA to have a killer sale. Honest! But can't see it. Sorry

Really Dave, look into your crystal ball and tell me you aren't deluding yourself?

You should come fishing with me on the Pacific... I think we'd have a hoot disagreeing with eachother

Canadian Kiyute Conference 2021... June 2021... anybody want to go? Serious, looking to fill a boat or two. Stupid people not wanted. Hopefully Prince Rupert or we have to pay the big bucks

Last edited by Marty S; 01-28-2021 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:03 PM
Banned

You have to remember that the FHA auction average is for all grades of coyotes, not just the best ones. If they were only reporting on the best coyotes that some buyers will only buy the average would be much higher.

Let's talk REAL numbers. Last year I was offered $25 for each of these DGD pelts for a whopping total of $75. I said no way and sent them to auction. At auction they sold for $170. That was at a last minute virtual online auction that FHA threw together at the height of the pandemic.

150658 1X-LG DGD HVY A-B 1-4 98153071 1 $61.20 $61.20
150666 1X-LG DGD HVY C-D 1-4 98153026 2 $54.40 $108.80

Using your math, how much did I lose by sending them to auction instead of selling them?

Not all buyers are equal when it comes to grading either. If a buyer grades high quality pelts a grade lower than what they should be, ie. a I-II is a II, that's where Trappers lose the most money.

At the end of the day a buyer's offer can be as much as 50% lower than market value, as I demonstrated above. That makes the issue about auction fees a moot point. 50% minus auction fees still leaves you well ahead of the game.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:39 AM
AO Sponsor

YES!!!!... Lets talk real numbers...

$98 average? Section 1 no doubt

All in last aug... $85? $80???

IIIs shore did fine eh? Tgey did! Super fine

How bout all the high quality goods held back on the first sale.... how ‘d tgey do PT? Super, at least a $57 average???

A section 1 average in The country today is gonna be likely $100 +/-
Add commission 11%
Add Drumming 1%???
Addexchange loss

I hope everybody that shipsgets a $155 average. Cant see it with the fact that italy, usa, canada has no orders

Also that the border is basically closed

So sell your coyotes in The country or sell at tge sale to basically the same people, tge difference being the commission and fees... and price???

Just saying... do what you want, i dont care. Theres money for you now without fees if you want it. I seem to keep kinda busy....

Andy, its 1:40 now... why is that??i didnt just wake up to go piddle!
Old 01-30-2021, 06:49 AM

Well I figure if Marty is considering lowering him self to the common man's prince rupert this summer than things must be really bad in the yote market.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:05 AM

I vote for Dave as official "Pelt Grade Alberta Inspector" with authority to fine Any fur buyer that does not play by the rules of 'Fair Play'.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Looks like they want to keep country shut down indefinitely. Not looking good for international travellers coming to canada

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...-stranded.html
No new restrictions on international travelers, not even for new variant hotspots like Brazil, UK and South Africa. It only effects Canadians that want to vacation in Mexico and the Caribbean with the exception that everyone arriving in Canada have to test negative and a mandatory 3 day quarantine in a hotel at your own expense.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when more and more people receive the vaccine. Maybe they are going to have to produce a COVID Passport to travel with no restrictions?

"She also said travellers who have been vaccinated abroad will still be subject to the quarantine rules, but added that's under discussion."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ures-1.5892992
Old 02-01-2021, 02:23 AM
AO Sponsor

It looks like The Great Reset” has already begun, and most dont have a clue about it

Is the fur industry compatible with the great reset??? These people have been scheming for a very long time. NAFA gets killed by the bank a year ago, and this year the Danish mink thing, leaving the world with two auction powerhouses less, and all they had to do was ivomec the mink and Copenhagen/Denmark would still have a viable industry... coincidence????

If yer dawg gets covid, DO NOT SHOOT IT!!! just ivomec it, unless you dont like your dawg

I hear rumours that mink in canada are being destroyed...

Dear Surviving Mink Ranchers,

PLEASE IVOMEC YOUR HERD IMMEDIATELY AND WITHOUT DELAY!!!

...the question is can they resist the large cash payout and stay in business??? That $400 billion CDN, what did trudeau do with it???

Oh yes, just conspiracy theory right?

Ranchers talikng tonite about covid guy, quite sick, buddies administered ivomec on his wrists and he felt drastically better in very short order like in hours or less.

Moral of the story.... if you sick with covid, do try a shot of ivomec before they shove the hose down yer throat. Gotta worknon them minks too? Or should they finish off the herd anyway, just cuz they don't like the fur industry.

Ya, i hope its all just conspiracy theory... methinks not
Old 02-01-2021, 08:55 AM

I still think Dr Trumps bleach or lysol is a better cure for Covid.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:39 PM

Could always take a shot of bleach and cover yourself in ivomec just to be sure. The problem with your ivomec theory Marty is that the drug companies wouldnt be making trillions with their new vaccines than.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:59 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Could always take a shot of bleach and cover yourself in ivomec just to be sure. The problem with your ivomec theory Marty is that the drug companies wouldnt be making trillions with their new vaccines than.
Precovid pharmaceutical Ivermectin pill cost (for human consumption) $0.11 USD

Covid era 2021 Canadian Ivermectin pill cost.... $10.00 CDN

Kingrat, you could try taking your ivermectin pill with your bleach. I dare you!

You too Davey
Im sticking with the vetrinary grade stuff, gonna be a whole lot safer!

But we need the ivermectin pills, like us trappers. In late summer, everybody grind up a whole bunch of road kill deer and we make ivermectin laced meatballs and tgrow them down dirt holes scattered alll across the land and we beat not only covid, but mange and lice too. But we gotta have the $0.11 pillls

A master plan for sure!